The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

looking to add hooks for band tension on deadlift platform

Looking to ask the owner of my gym if I can add band attachments to the deadlift platform. I have some shortbands that can be looped under a power rack but its not the same, its awkward. I wanna do it the way most people do, with long bands doubled up over the part of the collar with the bearings that is right inside of the plates so the bar can rotate with the bands. Wondering what kind of hardware to use for the hooks and how far apart to make the hooks (i the direction the band stretches, the other way i will just measure the barbell to determine). Looking for something permanent, not makeshift by using dumbells or whatever other method.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

your best bet is to just go to home depot or lowes or whatever hardware store you have in the area and just look in the hardware section. find like maybe an anchor shackle or something to the likes of that. you should be able to ghetto rig some parts to make something pretty decent.

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Carg...1.html?feed=pn

we use these.

But we have them narrow enough to fit inside the collars, not over the part of the bar you load plates on to..... the stretch of the bands doesn't throw me off at all, bt we're all different, you could do these however you want....... get some spax screws to anchor them, they dig in to anything.

any ideas to make these portable? something i can just take and throw in my gym bag and then when its time to DL i can put them on the platform? they would never go for putting those on the platform.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks those look good. I didn't want anything with hooks that could be dangerous because then they might not want them on there, but those look perfect because they look like they don't stick straight up when not in use

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen5681 View Post
    any ideas to make these portable? something i can just take and throw in my gym bag and then when its time to DL i can put them on the platform? they would never go for putting those on the platform.
    big, heavy dumbbells?

A power rack?

Find some fat kids to stand on them?

Why don't you just stand on the band? Ive found that to work pretty much just as good. Drape the band over the bar and stand on each end. I estimate a green/average band gives about 180-200lbs of tension at the top. I pulled 530ish + a green band then got 737 in a contest 3 weeks later.
    960/530/749 @ 242
    903/524/738 @ 220

A buddy of mine set this up using door handle (like the long vertical commercial door kind). Just screwed them to the platform with long lags (or the Spax screws Barzeen mentioned are great). Then you just choke a band around one handle and use an opening chin link to secure to the other.
    Current PR's 198 - 220
    Squat - 777 - 771.5
    Bench - 611.7 - 628.2
    Deadlift - 567 - 584
    Total 1929 - 1973

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SELK View Post
    Why don't you just stand on the band? Ive found that to work pretty much just as good. Drape the band over the bar and stand on each end. I estimate a green/average band gives about 180-200lbs of tension at the top. I pulled 530ish + a green band then got 737 in a contest 3 weeks later.
    i want to but i tend to jump around like a psycho before i deadlift