Thread: whey allergy?

Wannabebig Member

whey allergy?

has anyone ever had a reaction to whey and it made their mucas real thick to the point of loosing their voice?

Quote Originally Posted by kwwilson View Post
    has anyone ever had a reaction to whey and it made their mucas real thick to the point of loosing their voice?
    What does a loose voice sound like?
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Can't say I've ever heard of anything like this. Are you 100% sure that whey is the problem?

Wannabebig Member

not totaly

Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    Can't say I've ever heard of anything like this. Are you 100% sure that whey is the problem?
    the last time and this time when i did a 5 scoop shake i last my voice due to real bad congestion

At a guess I'd say the problem wasn't the whey itself but that you took a 100+g of a concentrated food stuff in very little liquid. If that liquid was milk it'd exacerbate the problem.

What I'm getting at is that you probably weren't too far removed from simply trying to swallow 5 scoops of powder - that'll mess with anybody's mucous membranes!

Use a lot of liquid (approx 500ml per scoop) with your protein powder if you suffer like this.

Wannabebig Member

thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Roberts View Post
    At a guess I'd say the problem wasn't the whey itself but that you took a 100+g of a concentrated food stuff in very little liquid. If that liquid was milk it'd exacerbate the problem.

What I'm getting at is that you probably weren't too far removed from simply trying to swallow 5 scoops of powder - that'll mess with anybody's mucous membranes!

Use a lot of liquid (approx 500ml per scoop) with your protein powder if you suffer like this.
    thank you for the advice, sounds like what i have done 5 scoops in 10 oz of milk and very little water after