Thread: Fuzzy's Journal

Fuzzy's Journal

I figured, seeing as I made a thread about the lack of traffic on WBB, that I may as well contribute by logging my training.

I keep another journal on an Aussie powerlifting site, but would like to share my progress with you guys.

As of this post, I am 4 days out from ProRaw II. Which is a new federation in Australia promoting professional raw lifting for cash prize. Proraw I had 1k cash for each of the 4 weight classes, which are 80, 95, 110 and 110+ (176 209 242 242+)

I am competing in the 209 class.

Proraw is raw + wraps. 2 weeks after I will be competing in equipment (IPF stuff only) Once this is all done, I will be breaking back down to 100% raw for a while. No belt, no wraps, a lot more Oly lifting (175kg clean and jerk would be nice) and other tidbits.

This is my last session before Proraw

Video

I am opening at 540/275/682 and hoping to nail a 1600lbs raw + wraps @ 209.

Looking forward to keeping this up.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

that's a fantastic total to shoot for.. looking forward to watching your progress
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Wish you the best!! - you have always been a stellar lifter, good deal on entering the comp.

Oh yeah? About damn time, last time I asked you if you kept a log you gave me some crap about it being secret.

glad to see this journal here, finally...now to stalk your progress.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Cards View Post
    Oh yeah? About damn time, last time I asked you if you kept a log you gave me some crap about it being secret.

glad to see this journal here, finally...now to stalk your progress.
    That was before I fired the fuckwad of my old coach and switched to PL.

October 5

Snatches
    198x2
    209x2
    220x1
    220x1

Power cleans
    220x3
    242x3
    264x3

No hand front squats + chains (88lbs)
    308x2 x3

Nothing super heavy. I just find the Oly lifting sorta recharges me and makes me feel much better and faster. Front squats with chains are one of my favourite excersises for a light recover session.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Best of luck in the comp. Looking foward to seeing how you train.

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    Love the custom belt. HA!
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Quote Originally Posted by thecityalive View Post
    Love the custom belt. HA!
    Boring train rides + hand tape = art work.

Forwent my planned light work with 60kg. took the time to do some yoga, stretch out, and prep diet for friday to ensure a smooth weigh in. Awoke at 96.9 this morning, need to weigh 95 on the day.

255/125/302.5.

1501lbs @ 209 raw + wraps.

Not even going to go into what happened. Silly mistakes, bad deadlifts. Making weight was fucking hell. I won the 209 class, so meh.

I have a last meet in 2 weeks. Not going equipped... well I'll technically be equipped as I'm going to wear knee wraps so I have to compete in the equipped mens. But it's for my own benefit. GOnna lift in the 220's instead of the 198's as I had planned.

Going to push my weight up a little, around 216-218 where I feel my strongest. After that, I will continue cutting as planned.

Me and 1600+ have some unfinished business. Back to training tomorrow. Given I didn't even pull over 700lbs I'm feeling surprisingly refreshed.
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 10-08-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Banned
    Well hey, you still won right?

I look forward to following your journal. I've finally started getting consistent with my training this year, which is partly down to being in a good gym. They've just started a weightlifting club so a coach is going to come in one night a week. A small group of us are learning the Olympic lifts with him. I'm going to compete for the first time in our gym's powerlifting competition in March but I'd love to also put some work into the weightlifting to get the most out of these weekly sessions.

I'm still pretty weak and am focussing on strength, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how to program weightlifting and powerlifting together.

Exactly. The goal of Proraw was to win the 209's. I did just that. Not going to get bummed about not doing it.

My thoughts and how things are executed are two very different things.

Either way, that's where my training will be heading after the meet in 2 weeks, combining Oly with PL. Keep checking in to see how I do it.

Major props on the meet results, no doubt there's more where that came from!!

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    The picture at the apex of the ascent is priceless. POOOOOWWWWAAAAH! Congrats on the win.
    Last edited by thecityalive; 10-10-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive