This is out of my own curiousity.
Based on research of many, many people, women do not care if you are buff. Most agree that being in shape is what they want. Some have even gone on to say 6 packs are gross and that having a flattish stomach or the V lines is the best. I'm just throwing this out there before I ask:
What do you train for? Please be specific:
1. Health reasons. As in, to live longer, to have an easier life when you're older, to battle diabetes, whatever. You get the idea.
2. To powerlift. You dont care how fat you are. You simply care about how much weight you can lift a couple times.
3. To be bigger in general, and stronger in general, but you don't really care if you are ripped. At the same time, you dont want to be fat per-se though either.
4. To be a cover model. I'm not going to elaborate much on this. You want to be 150 lbs, six pack, and tan.
5. Bodybuilder. You specifically want to be as big and as lean as humanly possible. If this describes you, you may have spent a lot of time in front of your mirror with your cell phone camera and may also have a collection of muscle mags (hey the thongs are great on the women, i understand)
If I left any out, plz feel free to add any. like maybe strongman or w/e. Martial arts, etc. Whatever.
I'm just really curious why people do what they do. I can tell you almost 100% that most people at any gym I've gone to, or anyone I've trained, has fit into the #5 as bodybuilder. Women tended to fall into #4 but as a female version if that makes sense. I rarely see any powerlifters there and I rarely see anyone just wanting to be bigger and stronger. Most of the peoples routines involve this:
1. Some kind of cable move be it curls, extensions, crunches, pec crossovers, whatever.
2. A barbell/dumbell curl.
3. A benchpress
EDIT: I suppose some people could be a combination. Like a 2 and a 3 etc