Thread: Bodybuilding/weight training question?

Wannabebig New Member

Bodybuilding/weight training question?

i just started regular weight training. i was wondering , if anybody could tell - how many days break shall i give to each muscle group to heal.
    i normally do not feel tired or do not feel the muscles till i work on one muscle group constantly for 4 days or so. after 4 days i feel that i cant go more for 2 days.
    so , what kind of schedule would be good for me.
    thanx

Beginners usually start with three full-body workouts a week. After that, the norm is to work a muscle group twice a week with a two way split routine. Some guys can get away with more and some guys need less. We have some really good routines listed here on the site, you might want to try some of them out for yourself or at least see how they are set up.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

As frequently as you can train making good progress.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Beginners usually start with three full-body workouts a week. After that, the norm is to work a muscle group twice a week with a two way split routine. Some guys can get away with more and some guys need less. We have some really good routines listed here on the site, you might want to try some of them out for yourself or at least see how they are set up.
    This is what worked for me as well. Started with a 3x per week routine. Now I'm doing HCT, every other day so hitting each muscle group once every 4'th day.

The biggest mistake I see beginners make it they work a muscle with too much volume in every workout. For instance most of the morons in my gym will do like 5 different exercises for chest, 5 more for back etc.. You only need 1-2 exercises per bodypart, and 2-3 work sets if sufficient.

Wannabebig Member MyWeightLifting's Avatar
    Do a simple full body Monday/Wednesday/Friday routine, moderate reps, a few basic exercises and you're good to go for at least a few months.. Check out the HCT-12 routine for beginners on this site.
    If you liked my post, you'll probably like my weight lifting information site too. Check it out, Slime!