The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Parkers Journey to the Unknown

Hey guys the Names Parker I am 15 years old and weight around 155 pounds. I have no idea were im going to go with weight lifting, but I hope I go far... I plan on attending a few competions as I get older, and maybe sponsor At Large in the future. Well I am going to lay out my long term goals... 400 lb Back Squat.... 300 pound Bench.... Gain 20 pounds, and those are my long term Goals which I belive can be obtained with constent work and dedication. Thanks guys and I hope you support me on my Mission!

I am going to Start Lifting Westside January 31st So Get ready for that! It will be on Page 2 or Page 3
    Last edited by Parker 1995; 01-27-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Day 1
    Incline Bench Press
    105x6 +2+2+2

Dips
    BWx6
    Bwx6
    Bwx6+2+2+2

One Armed Rows
    35s
    40s
    45s
    50sx6+2+2+2

Over Head Press
    65x6
    90x6+2+2+2

Chinups
    BWx6
    +5lbsx5+2+2+2

I also had 2 shakes today
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

Awesome seeing you off and running with such a fine head start...can't go wrong starting out this way at 15 years of age. Just don't quit, be patient and stay at it no matter - can't imagine where you will be in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker 1995 View Post
    I also had 2 shakes today
    Plus a TON of real food too!

15 is a great age to start, work your ass off and you'll never regret it down the road.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Thanks for the feed back guys. My dad bought me an olympic weight set for christmas, and I just went out today and bought a bench... I can squat on it but im gonna invest in a rack dwon the road. i also bought a tower for dips and pullups, and 2 dumbells that change weight along with 110 lbs of weight for them.

Oh and a Question is it ok to dumbell press with one dumbell at a time I dont have enough weight to do them both I use 70s.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

Day 2

Ok guys well day 2 was kinda bad cause i ordered my bench and it hasent come in yet, and my bench has a aquat option on it so for my squats it was a clean in to front squat.

Front Squat
    115x6 no +2+2+2 that would be tough considering the clean and i just couldnt do it.'

Stiff Legged deadLift
    155x6+2+2+2

Calf Raise
    no go i have to buy the block to stand on and i had no way to get it on my back

Barbell curl
    85x6+2+2+2

Ab work

That was it sorry for the poor work guys, but I just couldnt do some of the movements, So I will need to go to my gym untell the bench comes in.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

another question when is the best time to drink my protein shakes? I have been having them in the morning when I wake up.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

Soilwork addict.
    Try to get one before you work out, then another afterwards, as well as some during your workout.

Make sure you are eating alot of protein from food. You need alot more calories than you think. I highly recommend drinking atleast a half gallon of milk a day.

NEVER QUIT BRO
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheBeach View Post
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.
    18% BF down from 25%+ since April. Halfway to abs.

Current 1200+ gym total. 214 lbs 5'10.5" 36.5" waist.

Working on correcting some imbalances at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    Try to get one before you work out, then another afterwards, as well as some during your workout.

Make sure you are eating alot of protein from food. You need alot more calories than you think. I highly recommend drinking atleast a half gallon of milk a day.

NEVER QUIT BRO
    Thanks man i will definetly do that considering I lift at home, and I gotta get more food in me as well.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

I thought your name was Chris Parker. I'm not a mod anymore, but everything about you looks like a formerly banned member..
    Last edited by cphafner; 12-28-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I thought your name was Chris Parker. I'm not a mod anymore, but everything about you looks like a formerly banned member..
    Haha.

Good work Parker. Ever thought about working out at a gym instead of at home? Nothing wrong with working out at home, but you'll have a larger selection of equipment and weight at a commercial gym.

Strong back squat.

Keep at it.

Nice to see someone so young with a solid workout plan.

Bench dips rows chins solid stuff.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Haha.

Good work Parker. Ever thought about working out at a gym instead of at home? Nothing wrong with working out at home, but you'll have a larger selection of equipment and weight at a commercial gym.

Strong back squat.
    Yeahh I have a membership as well but Im 15 and can not drive there, and my parents are not always wanting to drive me and it affects my workouts.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Keep at it.

Nice to see someone so young with a solid workout plan.

Bench dips rows chins solid stuff.
    Thanks man I really like the rows i think thats the hardest part of my workout my goal is to get them up to 90lbs before the end of january Oh I mean not the hardest, but hurt the most I think i am going to need to do some farmers walks or grip training for my dead Lifts and rows.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

House Lannister
    Yeahh I have a membership as well but Im 15 and can not drive there, and my parents are not always wanting to drive me and it affects my workouts.
    Ah I see. that's a bit of a problem then. What about your HS gym? I used to always work out after school for an hour or two with the athletes. Is that an option?

Remind me of myself. We had an old weight set in the garage I messed with when I was 13-14. When I was 15 I joined the y near my dads house but on weeks I was at my moms couldn't get there very often so I had to make due with the old crap til I was 16. Then 3 weeks after I got my license I got a speeding ticket and my mom grounded me from the gym (because it was the only thing that would get to me I guess. Tv or something I wouldn't have cared). Anyhow it was back to the garage for a few months at that point. When I think about this it still really upsets me to this day and think my mom was wrong for it, she should have given me more chores or something, not tried to take exercise away from me.

Anyway, keep at it man. I like the start I'm seeing in here a lot. Make us proud.

Is parker your first name?

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Remind me of myself. We had an old weight set in the garage I messed with when I was 13-14. When I was 15 I joined the y near my dads house but on weeks I was at my moms couldn't get there very often so I had to make due with the old crap til I was 16. Then 3 weeks after I got my license I got a speeding ticket and my mom grounded me from the gym (because it was the only thing that would get to me I guess. Tv or something I wouldn't have cared). Anyhow it was back to the garage for a few months at that point. When I think about this it still really upsets me to this day and think my mom was wrong for it, she should have given me more chores or something, not tried to take exercise away from me.

Anyway, keep at it man. I like the start I'm seeing in here a lot. Make us proud.

Is parker your first name?
    Last name and that must of been tough dude... I am the same way my dad used to ask me what do I want a new video game or another month at the gym and I always picked the gym its like my home away from home, and im sure alot of you are like this too.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Ah I see. that's a bit of a problem then. What about your HS gym? I used to always work out after school for an hour or two with the athletes. Is that an option?
    I have wrestling Practice, and they have everything i have at home besides a few high tec stuff. I got the Bench(soon rack) dumbells up to 90lbs Tower for dips and pullups, and a tire. I will probebly lift at the high school untell my bench comes in though.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

Last name and that must of been tough dude... I am the same way my dad used to ask me what do I want a new video game or another month at the gym and I always picked the gym its like my home away from home, and im sure alot of you are like this too.
    That's pretty awesome dude.

Maybe were related, where are you from big guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    That's pretty awesome dude.

Maybe were related, where are you from big guy?
    im from indiana bro how bout you? Ohh and what should I doo Im gonna Start fighting MMA and I want to stay in the 160 range so I dont get picked up and thrown. Should I eat a ton and do cardio a ton? i want my 3 main lifts to go up. or should I get used to fighting 180?
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

Upper body Day!
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

I like the attitude in here mate. Seems you have Behemoth's attention and that is no bad thing!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    I like the attitude in here mate. Seems you have Behemoth's attention and that is no bad thing!
    Thanks man! ohh and how many of you guys have messed up with the blender? My mom washed it but i didnt know there was a bottom and when i turned it on it shot everywere haha.
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

Day 3

Bench press
    barx6
    90x6
    115x6
    135x4
    130x6+2+2+2

One armed rows
    40s
    50s
    55sx6+2+2+2

dips
    x6
    x6
    +5x6+2+2+2

Pullups
    x6
    x6

Over head press
    45x6
    65x6
    95x6+2+2+2

Extras
    Dumbell flies
    forearm curls
    abs

Solid workout
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

You should ask your question on how to manage both MMA fighting and lifting in the bodybuilding and weight training section. I'd like to give you advice there but really couldn't. I know the MMA fighters that fight out of my gym seem to very rarely weight train and when they do it's nothing real impressive (not that they're trying to impress). I just mean that the kind of energy and intensity that their MMA work takes it seems they have little left to invest in weights.