The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    working arms twice(or more) a week?

    i am currently doing this arm workout on Wednesdays
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...m-workout.html

    would it be okay to also maybe do resistance band fast twitch workouts two days prior (monday)

    filling in the rest of the week with:
    monday: abs/ftw resistance band
    tuesday: run/chest
    wednesday: abs/blast+pump arm workouts
    thursday: run
    friday: abs
    saturday: REST
    sunday: run

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    I don't see anything for your lower body, like squats and deads.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  4. #3
    Squat Heavy, Squat Often Cards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,937
    why do you only have 1 rest day, train abs 3 days a week, no lower body movements as OR said, no back movements, or shoulder movements?


    I vote no
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

    “Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

  5. #4
    Senior Member tom183's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,386
    Nothing for the upper back either.

  6. #5
    Moderator joey54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Palmyra, PA
    Posts
    5,730
    Yeah, are you doing this routine for real or just plugging the other web site? What level of lifter are you?


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Just get under the bar!

  7. #6
    Senior Member RichMcGuire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykunu View Post
    i am currently doing this arm workout on Wednesdays
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...m-workout.html

    would it be okay to also maybe do resistance band fast twitch workouts two days prior (monday)

    filling in the rest of the week with:
    monday: abs/ftw resistance band
    tuesday: run/chest
    wednesday: abs/blast+pump arm workouts
    thursday: run
    friday: abs
    saturday: REST
    sunday: run
    I donno man. Unless you're gonna wear really tight shorts or belly cut off shirts, I'd read the stickies and get something different going. You'll see way better results.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

    Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

    Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

  8. #7
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cards View Post
    why do you only have 1 rest day, train abs 3 days a week, no lower body movements as OR said, no back movements, or shoulder movements?


    I vote no
    well i am focusing more on upper body and less on toning thigh muscle, calves, etc. which is why i'm running with my cardio. as for shoulders i was going to do work outs for them on chest days. i don't understand whats wrong with working the muscles that i want to see improvement on. fill me in? (no sarcasm intended on this end)

  9. #8
    Senior Member RichMcGuire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykunu View Post
    well i am focusing more on upper body and less on toning thigh muscle, calves, etc. which is why i'm running with my cardio. as for shoulders i was going to do work outs for them on chest days. i don't understand whats wrong with working the muscles that i want to see improvement on. fill me in? (no sarcasm intended on this end)
    You can't "tone" a muscle.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

    Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

    Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

  10. #9
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Yeah, are you doing this routine for real or just plugging the other web site? What level of lifter are you?
    i'm not sure what you mean 'plugging the other web site' i was really wanting to do this workout. i can' afford to go to the gym right now so i'm pretty limited to what i can and can't do. what exactly is wrong with the workout at hand though?

  11. #10
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    You can't "tone" a muscle.
    you know exactly what i mean man.

  12. #11
    Senior Member RichMcGuire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykunu View Post
    you know exactly what i mean man.
    Not really. Do you mean you just aren't trying to induce hypertrophy with your legs?
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

    Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

    Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

  13. #12
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    Not really. Do you mean you just aren't trying to induce hypertrophy with your legs?
    yes, exactly. my thighs and calves have always been large from past training. i'm using the running for cardio work. curious, is there an issue with not working out all big muscle groups (such as back)

  14. #13
    Senior Member RichMcGuire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykunu View Post
    yes, exactly. my thighs and calves have always been large from past training. i'm using the running for cardio work. curious, is there an issue with not working out all big muscle groups (such as back)
    Any hypertrophy on your legs from past workouts will be lost eventually if you dont at least maintain it. Running wont do that.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

    Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

    Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

  15. #14
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    Any hypertrophy on your legs from past workouts will be lost eventually if you dont at least maintain it. Running wont do that.
    then how about this...
    S-abs/(fast twitch) resistance band
    M-back/thighs
    T-sprint/chest
    W-abs/arms
    T-run/sprint
    F-abs
    S-rest

  16. #15
    Senior Member RichMcGuire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykunu View Post
    then how about this...
    S-abs/(fast twitch) resistance band
    M-back/thighs
    T-sprint/chest
    W-abs/arms
    T-run/sprint
    F-abs
    S-rest
    You might have some trouble sprinting on tuesday after you did back/legs the day before. Seems like too much overlap.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

    Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

    Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

  17. #16
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    You might have some trouble sprinting on tuesday after you did back/legs the day before. Seems like too much overlap.
    then maybe this? loll
    S-abs/(fast twitch) resistance band
    M-back
    T-sprint/chest
    W-abs/arms
    T-thighs
    F-abs
    S-rest

    i use to weight lift all the time back in highschool and i'm trying to start up again. i had taken a personal development class when i was weight lifting. which of course they had us doing all sorts of different muscle groups. i don't have much access to the gym so i'm trying to do this all at home. like with the thigh work outs i'd only really be doing squats.

  18. #17
    Senior Member RichMcGuire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykunu View Post
    then maybe this? loll
    S-abs/(fast twitch) resistance band
    M-back
    T-sprint/chest
    W-abs/arms
    T-thighs
    F-abs
    S-rest

    i use to weight lift all the time back in highschool and i'm trying to start up again. i had taken a personal development class when i was weight lifting. which of course they had us doing all sorts of different muscle groups. i don't have much access to the gym so i'm trying to do this all at home. like with the thigh work outs i'd only really be doing squats.
    That ones better. Still, my personal opinion is you should start with one of our premade routines here on WBB.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

    Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

    Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

  19. #18
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    That ones better. Still, my personal opinion is you should start with one of our premade routines here on WBB.
    link to a routine please?

  20. #19
    Senior Member RichMcGuire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykunu View Post
    link to a routine please?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...tions-gt-gt-gt

    At the bottom.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

    Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

    Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Similar Threads

  1. Working arms?
    By scission in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 05:06 PM
  2. not working arms?
    By Homz in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 08:50 AM
  3. split question - working quads and arms 2x per week
    By chops in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 04:00 PM
  4. working out arms only
    By bobomonkey in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 08:53 PM
  5. Advice on working arms...
    By TiGeR AK in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 05:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •