The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig New Member

Hopelessly scrawny? *HELP*

What's up guys? I heard some good comments about this forum so I decided to make an account and see if you could help me out.

Alright so here's my problem. I'm about 5'5 weighing about 105. Yes I'm a FEATHERWEIGHT! I have always been skinny and I'm sick of it! People complain about losing weight and how fat they are but I'd rather be fat than anorexic looking. I am very small boned * I can wrap my thumb and pinky around my wrist and still have space to fit my thumb in between. I can wrap my thumb and middle finger around my ANKLE! I have the thinnest ankles EVER. It's ruining my life. People look at me weird and thing of me as some ****** ass bitch. *

I have been working out for about 6 months, seriously on and off. I am currently taking GNC Amplified Mass XXX. I gained 3 lbs in maybe a week. I am also taking Gluta-lyn 1500 and BCAA-lyn 1500. I used to take 100% whey by cytosport which didn't really help me much. I am ALWAYS hungry. If I eat to the point that I'm stuffed, I am hungry easily 30 minutes later.

I don't know if it's my lifestyle or just my genetics that ****ed me over. Can somebody please HELP me before I commit suicide! lol

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Garage Lifter
    Keep eating, if you gained 3lb per week (like you said earlier) then do that for 3 months you'd be at 205. Don't getting frustrated that you're not seeing immediate results. Remember, 3 pounds is progress
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Quote Originally Posted by ViLLAiN808 View Post
    What's up guys? I heard some good comments about this forum so I decided to make an account and see if you could help me out.

Alright so here's my problem. I'm about 5'5 weighing about 105. Yes I'm a FEATHERWEIGHT! I have always been skinny and I'm sick of it! People complain about losing weight and how fat they are but I'd rather be fat than anorexic looking. I am very small boned * I can wrap my thumb and pinky around my wrist and still have space to fit my thumb in between. I can wrap my thumb and middle finger around my ANKLE! I have the thinnest ankles EVER. It's ruining my life. People look at me weird and thing of me as some ****** ass bitch. *

I have been working out for about 6 months, seriously on and off. I am currently taking GNC Amplified Mass XXX. I gained 3 lbs in maybe a week. I am also taking Gluta-lyn 1500 and BCAA-lyn 1500. I used to take 100% whey by cytosport which didn't really help me much. I am ALWAYS hungry. If I eat to the point that I'm stuffed, I am hungry easily 30 minutes later.

I don't know if it's my lifestyle or just my genetics that ****ed me over. Can somebody please HELP me before I commit suicide! lol
    1. I don't understand how you've been working out SERIOUSLY on and off. Lifting is about consistency.

2. You don't need Gluta-whatever and BCAA

3. You, and many others who post here, need to understand what protein is. It's a macronutrient, NOT a supplement. People buy protein powder because it is EASY and relatively cheap when bought in bulk. It is the same as eating chicken or any other good source of protein except you don't have to prepare it and it's convenient for right after a workout.

Find a routine that is suitable for you and stick with it for a significant period of time. Track your calories and if you aren't gaining weight, up them. This forum has ALL the information you need.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...tions-gt-gt-gt

That link has everything you need on bulking, what to eat, etc.
    Last edited by K.Huget; 03-11-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    22 y/o, 6'1, ~205 lbs
    508/303/557

Protein powders aren't going to make you bigger...food is (read that several times).

My suggestion would be to get on a proven mass gaining workout and stop being wishy-washy with how you workout. Look up Super Squats and get to it for real.

As far as diet goes, start eating real food at all three [if not four] meals. Supplement that with a large volume of milk, like 1/2 gallon a day.

Super Squats + eating = getting BIG.

Here's a decent link to the Super Squats routine and eating plan...
    http://www.ironworkout.com/20_rep_squat.htm

Start light with the squats, light enough to get all 20 reps without pause. Then slowly progress up in weight every session.
    Last edited by Off Road; 03-11-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    I know the feeling, but honestly, if you do Starting Strength, you won't be skinny for long. You're ankles and wrists won't exactly get big though.

Banned
    gain 100lbs

pick up the fork, eat, lift and sleep. its very simple and you are not an exception to the rule. look through the members journal for berfles' journal

from now on, you dont eat until youre full, you eat until youve eaten a certain quantity of calories for that moment in time. man up and do it
    Last edited by f=ma; 03-12-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Like everyone else has said, it's mostly about more food. If you eat a ton of quality foods that include protein sources (meats, milk, eggs, peanut butter, nuts, etc...) you will likely meet your overall protein needs by default. Work hard on the big lifts like squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, and rows.
    It sounds to me like your biggest thing will be consistency. You have to eat more every single day all day long and be consistent with training (not on and off). It won't happen overnight so you have to be patient and stick with it.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    QUALITY Calorie Dense Foods:

Natty Peanut Butter (most nuts for that matter)
    Whole Milk (Whole)
    Beef (Assuming you're not vegetarian) especially non lean cuts
    Avocados
    Raisins

If you are as scrawny and have such a high metabolism you might need to base your diet around this type of stuff. I couldn't think of any good low GI carbs that I would consider calorie dense, but I can definitely pound down a lot of oatmeal if I cook it long enough.
    Last edited by nejar462; 03-12-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    I'll see your 5'5" 105 and raise you a 5'10" 110lbs.

Yep, that was my starting weight. I'm now about 6' and 160lbs- not huge by any stretch of the imagination, but I've made a lot of gains so I'm happy.

There is great advice in this thread and great advice to be had all around this forum. Work your ass off in gym, eat, and sleep.

I guarantee you will get bigger and stronger.
    Last edited by Mercuryblade; 03-12-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Banned
    Stuff your face with anything...mcdonalds, burger king, weight gainers, whole milk. Don't worry about where calories come from right now just eat **** all day. I was 6'5" and 155 pounds at one point in my life back in highschool. That is roughly equivalent to where you are now. In the beginning, all I did was eat double cheeseburgers from burger king or mcdonalds and I drank a weight gainer every night before bed mixed with 16 oz of whole milk. I squatted, deadlifted, and benched my ass off and got up to 205-210ish. From there I just steadily kept gaining weight for the next 2 years until 240. I did gain some fat, but its mostly just in the stomach area. I still have definition in other areas. I wouldn't worry about fat gain right now though, get to 160-170 before you even worry about body composition.

Some people are against fast food, but being busy, I didn't have time to always prepare steak or ground beef. You will need red meat, chicken won't do it.
    Last edited by mchicia1; 03-12-2011 at 06:12 PM.

I agree with everyone else. At least for now, you'll partion most of your excess Calories towards muscle. So take advantage of it, stuff your face, and progressively lift heavier and heavier weights. You wont have to worry so much about more precise bulks to limit fat gain and not be stupid until much later
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

How old are you?

I apologize if I missed your age somewhere in this thread.

EDIT:

I just noticed the OP created this thread 5 days ago. I don't know about everyone else, but anytime I've ever created a thread on any internet forum, I've gone back to reply in much less than 5 days. I'm calling this a lost cause.
    Last edited by baja_stx; 03-16-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Yes, he either doesn't care and his attention was taken up by the latest video game. Or, nobody told him to do the latest and greates bodypart split while taking magic supplements that he REALLY wanted to do. So he's either at home playing video games or he's on another forum that gave him crappy advice.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Or, nobody told him to do the latest and greates bodypart split while taking magic supplements that he REALLY wanted to do.
    Are you trying to tell me that the test boosters, fat burners, and arm destroying workouts I got out of my muscle mag aren't going to add 3 inches to my arms in 3 days?

Starting Current

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    Are you trying to tell me that the test boosters, fat burners, and arm destroying workouts I got out of my muscle mag aren't going to add 3 inches to my arms in 3 days?
    They will definitely work wonders for you. But don't tell eveybody else because there will be a new wonder supplement and arm blaster routine in the next issue that is sure to be even better.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Yes, he either doesn't care and his attention was taken up by the latest video game. Or, nobody told him to do the latest and greates bodypart split while taking magic supplements that he REALLY wanted to do. So he's either at home playing video games or he's on another forum that gave him crappy advice.
    Lol, this post is awesome.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Eat a lot of ****ing calories. Lift a lot of heavy ass things. Don't work out on and off. Be consistent. If you want to have an "off", work out for 3 months or so consistently then take a week off. Stop taking all those BCAAs and other useless supplements that'll only deter you from focusing on the main goal... which is getting bigger. If you want to get protein powder just get some basic protein powder like Nitrean, but meat is your friend. After reading over everything from the link K.Huget gave you, read it 20 more times.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by ViLLAiN808 View Post
    Can somebody please HELP me before I commit suicide! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by baja_stx View Post
    I just noticed the OP created this thread 5 days ago. I don't know about everyone else, but anytime I've ever created a thread on any internet forum, I've gone back to reply in much less than 5 days. I'm calling this a lost cause.
    Either that or...we were just too late
    22 y/o, 6'1, ~205 lbs
    508/303/557

Wow he really is hopeless, a shame to see the person here who most needed that advice ignoring it because it doesn't involve stacking supplements, ignoring diet and a routine that goes Day 1 - Biceptz, light triceptz, Day 2- Upper-outer pex, light lower-inner pex, Day 3 - Upper and lower abz, Day 4 - 2 sets of leg extensions, Day 5 - repeat
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Meat_Head View Post
    Wow he really is hopeless, a shame to see the person here who most needed that advice ignoring it because it doesn't involve stacking supplements, ignoring diet and a routine that goes Day 1 - Biceptz, light triceptz, Day 2- Upper-outer pex, light lower-inner pex, Day 3 - Upper and lower abz, Day 4 - 2 sets of leg extensions, Day 5 - repeat
    That's hardcore, I workout my legs biking.

Starting Current

That is a joke routine, yes?
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 03-18-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN View Post
    That is a joke routine, yes?
    Heck naws that's how you g3t jacked ftw
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Wow, all these old timers are posting again. Were you training in the hyperbolic time chamber?

Heck naws that's how you g3t jacked ftw
    So that's a yes.

Banned
    guys i'm trying to bulk and i'm eating mcdonalds 2x per day and oreos for dinner. how long til my abs are showing