The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Ideal Age to start body building ?

Guy , i am 26 years old , i want to know about the ideal and perfect age to start body building game , because i want to start the game now . please give your comments about the ideal age that is recommended to start body building here . Thanks
    Last edited by ZACK; 03-15-2011 at 01:04 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig New Member

Age factor

Regarding age factor, First of all, let me go on the record and say this. I do not think anyone under the age of 18 should mess with any harsh growth supplements. At that age, you have a balance of hormones that is geared towards making you bigger and most important - taller. Now I have seen lots of supplements, but none of them made you taller.
    So leave mother-nature alone at that age. Now for those of you over 35, take a hormonal blood test. See what your levels are and then start balancing out the hormones.
    Last edited by Off Road; 03-15-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Banned
    probably 10 years ago

Wannabebig New Member
    Ideal age to start body building is 18. When all your body growth stops and after 18 you grow gradually and 18 is the perfect age to start body building. If some one asks me then i will recommend him 18 years. Because you can bring shape to your body and its a best time to make your muscles. I have seen many guys who start body building under the age of 18. In fact many guys start at 14 and its not harmful but it may effect your growth, if you are small heighted

What do you mean by body building? Competing? Lifting weights? Drinking protein shakes and backslapping your bros in the gym?

Resistance training... the body's designed to adapt at any age. Start when you're ten. Lifting free weights, requires a bit more skill and training. Start when you're twelve. Protein shakes are food... hell, as soon as you're off baby formula a good whey protein isn't off limits. Competing? They have competitions for all ages.

Wearing string workout shirts, carrying around a milk jug, wearing beanies, posting arrogantly on the internet? Hell, start whenever. That never gets old.

PS- don't call it a game. It's a change in lifestyle. A game is something you pick up for a few hours here and there on the side during your week. Whether you're lifting for appearance, overall health, or competition, it's all part of your everyday.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by ZACK View Post
    Guy , i am 26 years old , i want to know about the ideal and perfect age to start body building game , because i want to start the game now . please give your comments about the ideal age that is recommended to start body building here . Thanks
    34 usually. Welp, see you in eight...!
    Last edited by Behemoth; 03-15-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by ZACK View Post
    I think that once an individual can read and write coherently they are ready. Keep practising!
    22 y/o, 6'1, ~205 lbs
    508/303/557

26........26 yrs old is a pretty good time to get started.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond View Post
    Ideal age to start body building is 18. When all your body growth stops and after 18 you grow gradually and 18 is the perfect age to start body building. If some one asks me then i will recommend him 18 years. Because you can bring shape to your body and its a best time to make your muscles. I have seen many guys who start body building under the age of 18. In fact many guys start at 14 and its not harmful but it may effect your growth, if you are small heighted
    This is amazing advice.

I'm not small heighted, if only I would've started at 14.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

I'm no bodybuilder, not even an experienced lifter but like all other activities my common sense answer would be.. the ideal time is NOW, why worry about what is "ideal"? Just get in there and do it IF its something you want to try and experience.....

Analysis paralysis is a killer when it comes to motivation and achievement, set some quantifiable well thought out goals and DO IT
    28yrs old, 6"1
    Stats: Start | Current | Goal
    Bench: 186lb | 226lb | 235lb
    Squat: 180lb | 273lb | 360lb
    Dead: 215lb | 319lb | 405lb
    MY LOG ~ 313 DAYS

I would think that around 14 or 15 would be optimal. But you can certainly do a limited amount before that and there's no reason not to start after that if you so desire.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I would think that around 14 or 15 would be optimal. But you can certainly do a limited amount before that and there's no reason not to start after that if you so desire.
    Why optimal Off Road?

Quote Originally Posted by JT111 View Post
    Why optimal Off Road?
    I just think at that age they are old enough and mature enough to make the most out of it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Just have at it, bro. It's a lifestyle, not a game... as Belial said. You either do it or you don't. Don't wait until tomorrow to start changing your life. What goals are you seeking? What do you want to accomplish?

What's the ideal age? Whenever you start. So start now.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."