The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: HST

HST

Last year was my first year lifting, a few months of dinking around prior to starting on SS. I ran SS for almost 6 months and had some great gains. I've been cutting the last three months (from 212 to 180, currently at 184 as of Sunday) and will wrap up this cut in 2 weeks, take a few weeks to stabilize/enjoy life (I have a conference mid-April that precludes me starting a routine) then start a routine the last week of April.

I know a lot of people go from SS to 5x5; am I jumping the gun by going to HST? My understanding is it is another "intermediate" program. Anyone have experiance, good or bad, with HST?

The full body lifts and changing reps are what is attracting me. I've basically been lifting 3x5 the past year and I know nothing else. I'm a deskworker, dad and husband I'm not looking to compete strength of physique-wise.

thanks

philip

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by everphilski View Post
    Last year was my first year lifting, a few months of dinking around prior to starting on SS. I ran SS for almost 6 months and had some great gains. I've been cutting the last three months (from 212 to 180, currently at 184 as of Sunday) and will wrap up this cut in 2 weeks, take a few weeks to stabilize/enjoy life (I have a conference mid-April that precludes me starting a routine) then start a routine the last week of April.

I know a lot of people go from SS to 5x5; am I jumping the gun by going to HST? My understanding is it is another "intermediate" program. Anyone have experiance, good or bad, with HST?

The full body lifts and changing reps are what is attracting me. I've basically been lifting 3x5 the past year and I know nothing else. I'm a deskworker, dad and husband I'm not looking to compete strength of physique-wise.

thanks

philip
    Ran it freshman year of college. Meh. It's really, really boring but has some studies/science behind it. The last week of the 5s is pretty killer tho. 15s are boring as hell. I didnt see that great of gains on it, but I doubt I was in a caloric surplus.

It's a solid routine, but very regimented and the workouts take a while. I'd much rather do HCT or something else that allows me to lift with maximal intensity most/all of the time.

Madcow 5x5 was more fun.