Thread: the products seem very similar - what's the difference?

Wannabebig New Member

the products seem very similar - what's the difference?

Hi, I am very ignorant to the ways of protein powders and supplements and such. I just have a few questions.

Looking at Nitrean and Opticen they seem like they're a means to the same end (recovery, muscle/strength gain). The only significant difference I see is that Opticen has tons more carbs and thus acts as more of a "meal replacement", as stated. So would there be any reason to take both of these supps at the same time? Seems to me like they're so similar you would only need one (and Nitrean seems like the better value). Tell me if I'm wrong

Results also seems quite similar. If I were to buy Results, would there be any good reason to also use Nitrean / Opticen at the same time? Also, I see that creatine is an ingredient in Results - can I expect to gain weight from retaining extra water if I start taking Results?

I'm just having trouble seeing where they differ and what goals they're best suited towards. I'm mostly concerned with strength gain and recovery - I don't want to put on significant size at the moment. I'd really like to pick just one and stick with it (due to, ya know, a lack of money) unless I can be absolutely convinced that it'd be worthwhile to take 2 or 3 different supps. What's best for me?

and one somewhat related question, what makes taking a supplement like Nitrean (for example) better than taking pure egg protein? that's what I use right now

Quote Originally Posted by HeadBang View Post
    Looking at Nitrean and Opticen they seem like they're a means to the same end (recovery, muscle/strength gain). The only significant difference I see is that Opticen has tons more carbs and thus acts as more of a "meal replacement", as stated. So would there be any reason to take both of these supps at the same time? Seems to me like they're so similar you would only need one (and Nitrean seems like the better value). Tell me if I'm wrong
    Opticen is more of a total meal replacement powder whereas nitrean is a protein replacement powder.

I use nitrean all day long, day in and day out. With my lack of need to keep the calories high to gain weight and lack of urgency to build muscle opticen is not as of as much importance to me. If I were me in my earlier years and still on the smaller side in greater pursuit of mass gaining then opticen would be my choice shake more often than nitrean is.

That or if I were using a shake to completely replace a meal rather than supplement it a meal. Just protein alone will get me through the day but if I'm looking for a powdered meal that is quick, easy and contains everything (and often more) than most typical whole food meals then opticen is definitely the choice.

Results also seems quite similar. If I were to buy Results, would there be any good reason to also use Nitrean / Opticen at the same time? Also, I see that creatine is an ingredient in Results - can I expect to gain weight from retaining extra water if I start taking Results?
    Results is not similar to either nitrean or results. Results is a blend of the three most proven ergogens (at there full proven doses) plus dextrose to aid in nutrient uptake. Whereas nitrean and opticen are protein replacements and meal replacements respectively.

You will not have water retention with results when properly dosed, I assure you that. The primary reasons people do hold water from creatine is either poor quality or excessive dosage. This supp has 5g of creapure which will in no way shape or form cause water retention at 5g/day (which is all you need).

Most competitive bodybuilders use creatine all the way through the day of their show. Water retention is not an issue when properly dosed and when it's not garbage.

I'm just having trouble seeing where they differ and what goals they're best suited towards. I'm mostly concerned with strength gain and recovery - I don't want to put on significant size at the moment. I'd really like to pick just one and stick with it (due to, ya know, a lack of money) unless I can be absolutely convinced that it'd be worthwhile to take 2 or 3 different supps. What's best for me?
    The best thing for someone if they're not sure of what supplement may be of benefit to them is to analyze what may be lacking in their diet. Is your protein intake lacking? Do you find it hard to eat enough whole sources of protein constantly throughout the day (maybe add nitrean)

Do you find it hard to get in enough quality meals like chicken and rice or steak and potatos throughout the day (maybe add opticen)

Is your overall nutrition mostly on point and you're looking for an extra edge to supplement beyond you doing everything dietary possible? (greatly encourage to add results)

The fact that you stated you're most concerned with strength gain and recovery I would definitely say give results a go. If everything else is on point and you're looking to step things up a notch I'm sure it will do the trick. If you're just kicking around and haven't nailed down your diet and getting in the proper nutrition throughout the day then maybe nitrean or opticen should be considered also.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 03-20-2011 at 12:21 AM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wannabebig New Member
    Thanks a lot, that pretty much answers all my questions. Just one more, would Results be best suited to taking BEFORE workouts? and it would be pretty essential to use at least some sort of protein (post-workout) in combination with Results, right?

I take two scoops of Nitean and one scoop of Results with my breakfast (mixed with milk).
    I then take two scoops of Nitrean and one scoop of results post workout (mixed with milk).

From what I've read, consistancy is more important with Results than the timing.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I take it post workout.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

I take Results pre-workout for the bump in energy I get from it about 45 min after I take it. Plus it is easier to ignore the tingling if I am lifting vs. sitting on the couch or whatever.