Thread: Plain popcorn, good or bad?

Plain popcorn, good or bad?

I was always under the impression that plain popcorn was good for you, but I did a search here and most of the stuff I had to read about it implied it was pretty bad for you. We have one of those stove-top cookers and all I do is add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil (I'm sure most of that doesn't even get consumed after popped). Then once it's done I add a little salt and some of that calorie free butter sprinkles. Is this bad or good? I doubt the 1/3 cup of dried corn is bad, and I doubt that much of the oil is being consumed, and even so, thats good oil.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wannabebig Member
    I don't think it's that bad when it's air popped.......... But I used to love that candy popcorn with all the pretty colors! Blue, red, green, yellow, orange... Kids get all the fun..

I read somewhere on here (pretty sure it was Maki who posted) that said popcorn was actually pretty good for you, i dont remember exactly why. Do a search for it, im sure it will come up.