Thread: Dont neglect cardio

Dont neglect cardio

If wanting your body fat levels to be kept at a minimum then this is imperative to follow some sort of cardio. why? because it increases oxidative enzymes which work on breaking food down to release energy, and as a result using glycogen and fat as the given fuels. just thought it was important to know cause i have been guilty myself
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

I disagree that it's necessary.

And the sentence following the "why?" is completely meaningless, and doesn't back up the initial assertion you made.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

bone crusher
    agrees with belial

now no one can deny that cardio is a neccessity to work your heart and to develop a good cardio vascular system. However, one does not need to perform cardio everyday to see these benfits

I dont think cardio is necessary from the viewpoint of fatloss. In fact, increasing muscle mass (which cardio will diminish) will increase oxidative respiration and thus fat metabolism

I only do cardio 2 days a week, 3 at most. Originally i planned on doing some cardio post workout but i find im so exhausted after my workout that cardio isnt even an option. : \

im sorry if ive annoyed anyone and maybe i should of worded my point, with a more structured approach, but im currently taking part in my sports science degree and lately we have been looking at training implications etc... and this topic came up and i immediately thought it would be relevant.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...