The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Dont neglect cardio

If wanting your body fat levels to be kept at a minimum then this is imperative to follow some sort of cardio. why? because it increases oxidative enzymes which work on breaking food down to release energy, and as a result using glycogen and fat as the given fuels. just thought it was important to know cause i have been guilty myself
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I disagree that it's necessary.

And the sentence following the "why?" is completely meaningless, and doesn't back up the initial assertion you made.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

bone crusher
    agrees with belial

now no one can deny that cardio is a neccessity to work your heart and to develop a good cardio vascular system. However, one does not need to perform cardio everyday to see these benfits

I dont think cardio is necessary from the viewpoint of fatloss. In fact, increasing muscle mass (which cardio will diminish) will increase oxidative respiration and thus fat metabolism

I only do cardio 2 days a week, 3 at most. Originally i planned on doing some cardio post workout but i find im so exhausted after my workout that cardio isnt even an option. : \

im sorry if ive annoyed anyone and maybe i should of worded my point, with a more structured approach, but im currently taking part in my sports science degree and lately we have been looking at training implications etc... and this topic came up and i immediately thought it would be relevant.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...