The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

BCAA+ for dieting/fasting purposes?

I remember reading somewhere that BCAA can be essential for weight loss and dieters. If so, how would ALN BCAA+ should be taken when preparing for a cut? How many grams? What time during the day?

Thanks,
    Tommy

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would go with 2 scoops twice per day. On training days 40 minutes prior to training and then just before bed. On off days, once between meals and once right before bed.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I take my BCAAs intraworkout and before bed, feel great during workout, and upon waking.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Very valuable for fasted cardio
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Some suggest doing the bcaas during training. Whats your thoughts on that chris?
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    Some suggest doing the bcaas during training. Whats your thoughts on that chris?
    I'm not Chris, but the research I have seen supports that. Wouldn't hurt to give it a whirl.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

DOMS were noticeably decreased for me when I went from sipping 6-7g BCAA during workouts to 20g. Noticeably enough that I am confident it was not placebo.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    As Behemoth said, I also noticed decreased DOMs while sipping BCAA's throughout my workout, and a feel good attitude as well. Along with half a portion before bed either in water or through protein that has BCAA in it.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

What does the ALN BCAA taste like?

I've tried unflavored BCAA from my local The Vitamin Shoppe (their store brand) and it doesn't taste very good.

Also, does the ALN brand use "Aji" whatevers? Not sure exactly what that means, but from some quick reading it sounds like they're reputable source for aminos.

Quote Originally Posted by baja_stx View Post
    What does the ALN BCAA taste like?

I've tried unflavored BCAA from my local The Vitamin Shoppe (their store brand) and it doesn't taste very good.

Also, does the ALN brand use "Aji" whatevers? Not sure exactly what that means, but from some quick reading it sounds like they're reputable source for aminos.
    Most unflavored BCAA's powders are bitter, the ALN BCAA is grape flavored and do not taste bitter at all. If you like grape then you should like this product, and even if you do not care for grape you could always mix it with some fruit punch gatorade powder or other supplements to alter the flavoring.

They are not Ajipure but are sourced from a reputable supplier which I believe is also a cGMP facility (although Chris can comment more on that).
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com