The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

New To Lifting Workout Routine?

Hey guys my name is Christian. I'm almost 18 years old and i just got a Powertec Multi System Home Gym. I'm a bug guy. 6'3" and about 290 pounds. I was just trying to see if anyone could maybe give me some advice on like a workout routine including eating and everything. Just as some benchmarks I was doing 3 sets of 8 on about 210 lbs. for the bench. 3 sets of 8 on 240 for squats. 3 sets of 8 on 175ish for the lat pull downs. Those are just some of the major ones. So i was hoping someone with some experience could just give me some pointers and kind of set me up with a routine or something. I'm a senior in high school but i get out at 11:15 every day so i have from then on to workout Monday through Friday except on Tuesday's and Thursday's I have MMA at 7:00. And I usually work on Friday and Saturday at 5:00 so thats my time schedule for the week. Thanks a lot guys,
    Christian

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw07 View Post
    Hey guys my name is Christian. I'm almost 18 years old and i just got a Powertec Multi System Home Gym. I'm a bug guy. 6'3" and about 290 pounds. I was just trying to see if anyone could maybe give me some advice on like a workout routine including eating and everything. Just as some benchmarks I was doing 3 sets of 8 on about 210 lbs. for the bench. 3 sets of 8 on 240 for squats. 3 sets of 8 on 175ish for the lat pull downs. Those are just some of the major ones. So i was hoping someone with some experience could just give me some pointers and kind of set me up with a routine or something. I'm a senior in high school but i get out at 11:15 every day so i have from then on to workout Monday through Friday except on Tuesday's and Thursday's I have MMA at 7:00. And I usually work on Friday and Saturday at 5:00 so thats my time schedule for the week. Thanks a lot guys,
    Christian
    Check out SL 5x5. Personally i think its a fantastic beginner - intimidate program! I've got great gains from it. I add in dips and chins every so often, but i wouldnt mess around with it too much.

Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. Great routine.
    19 5'7 235
    No Belt/Wraps
    Squat ATG: 335x5
    Bench: 315x2
    Dead: 420x4

Journal:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-He-wants-MOAR!\

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JT111 View Post
    Check out SL 5x5. Personally i think its a fantastic beginner - intimidate program! I've got great gains from it. I add in dips and chins every so often, but i wouldnt mess around with it too much.
    Ok thanks i'll check it out!!

The routines those guys mentioned work best with free weights. Since you are using a leverage machine, you might want to get advice from guys that use that kind of equipment. Those routines are basic because they need to be for the intensity involved. Your squats (etc.) won't be AS intense, so you can probably get away with doing a little more.
    Last edited by Off Road; 03-30-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    The routines those guys mentioned work best with free weights. Since you are using a leverage machine, you might want to get advice from guys that use that kind of equipment. Those routines are basic because they need to be for the intensity involved. Your squats (etc.) won't be AS intense, so you can probably get away with doing a little more.
    Ok hopefully someone with experience in those machines will post on here but thanks a lot!