The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: FNG

FNG

What's up everyone, new member here. Thought I would drop a line and say hello. I have been lifting for about 10 years, serious for about 6. I've tried a ton of routines, but of all I have tried, the one I enjoyed the most and saw the best results from was DC Training. On that note, I am NOT a power lifter, BUT, I love WSB theories and training style. Boom. DT TRAINING. A system after my own heart. 3 weeks in, loving every day, and seeing EPIC results. If there is anyone else on here doing this program, I would love to chat with you! Thank you for your time brothers!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Welcome. I'm not sure too many people have tried DT yet so it would be interesting to see your progress. Do you have a journal yet?

Quote Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
    Welcome. I'm not sure too many people have tried DT yet so it would be interesting to see your progress. Do you have a journal yet?
    Killxswitch, I do keep a journal, very important to me. I haven't started one on here, didn't really think many people would care. Maybe I'll post it up?

You're from ep? I'm from chippewa, where do you train at?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Killxswitch, I do keep a journal, very important to me. I haven't started one on here, didn't really think many people would care. Maybe I'll post it up?
    I would definitely recommend starting up a journal here, that section of the forum is quite active and you should be able to get some good feedback on your training.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    You're from ep? I'm from chippewa, where do you train at?
    My home gym is Muscle Works is EPO. I'm the personal trainer there, and I lift there as well. Once in a while I head over to Workout Center in Columbiana to lift with my boys over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    I would definitely recommend starting up a journal here, that section of the forum is quite active and you should be able to get some good feedback on your training.
    I'll get on it asap bro.

If there is anyone else on here doing this program, I would love to chat with you! Thank you for your time brothers!
    Yep - I'm doing DT also.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    Yep - I'm doing DT also.
    How is it working out for you bro?

How is it working out for you bro?
    I really like it. I like the synergy of the ME and the DC. Since you're using the same movement for each, when your ME increases, your DC weight follows right along with it. Likewise, the DC aspect helps you to push through sticking points as well. Also, if you haven't noticed yet, when you use a really heavy load for your ME movement, the weight for the DC reps will automatically feel lighter than they normally would because you're still primed to lift heavy. Its kind of like a wave loading trick if I'm not mistaken. This could potentially allow you to lift heavier loads for the Rest-pause set. The program is just all around great. I tried 6 programs before this one to make sure I had the right one nailed for which to do when my gf gets here. This ones take the bill.

Chris talked about this program for awhile and I know he worked really hard on it. The best part is, it was for free. And there was no obvious attempt at marketing like so many other sites do. DT had like 1 paragraph for suggested supplements allllll the way at the bottom.

I'll be posting a link to my new journal with it in my sig soon, but I already started the journal.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

I couldn't have said it better my man. I, like you, have tried so many programs it's ridiculous, and saying that is a major understatement. I am not a power lifter, but I love lifting heavy. The synergy between WSB and DC is epic, and I have a feeling this routine is going to go places. I started my journal as well, and I really look forward to seeing the feed on it. I start week 4 on Monday, and I can't wait!!!

I couldn't have said it better my man. I, like you, have tried so many programs it's ridiculous, and saying that is a major understatement. I am not a power lifter, but I love lifting heavy. The synergy between WSB and DC is epic, and I have a feeling this routine is going to go places. I started my journal as well, and I really look forward to seeing the feed on it. I start week 4 on Monday, and I can't wait!!!
    Sounds good. I'll keep tabs on it.

Lone Wolf you might consider putting a link to your journal in your signature so people can find it easily.

Lone Wolf you might consider putting a link to your journal in your signature so people can find it easily.
    I feel lame for asking, but how do I do that?
    Lone Wolf's DT journal

Train hard and don't screw around. In the gym, make war, not peace.

Rich, my program is DT, not DC . He is using actual DC. What you are doing is a hybrid of Westside and DC.

Lone, check out the Dysmorphia Training article linked to on this forum. That is what Rich is doing.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Rich, my program is DT, not DC . He is using actual DC. What you are doing is a hybrid of Westside and DC.

Lone, check out the Dysmorphia Training article linked to on this forum. That is what Rich is doing.
    Yea, I know. He put a journal up for his go at DT. I think he said he was on week 3 and really liked the westside + DC combo. I'll have to update my sig as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post

Chris, the DT article is where I got the program. I've read it several times now and go back here and there just to re-up on the knowledge. GREAT article and even better routine. I have done DC in the past, and I am doing DT now.
    Lone Wolf's DT journal

Lone it looks like you figured out the signature issue. Impressive lat spread in your avatar.

Lone it looks like you figured out the signature issue. Impressive lat spread in your avatar.
    Thanks Killswitch. My back was a MAJOR weak point for many years early into the game, so I'm proud of where its at right now. I need more lower lat development. I've been working at that for about 3 months and I'm seeing some growth. As for the sig, I have no idea how it got there!!! Lol, one of the admins must've hooked me up!
    Lone Wolf's DT journal

accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Hahah, you're the man. Thanks bro. Big day ahead, gotta beat that book!
    Lone Wolf's DT journal