Thread: overtraining so soon???

BIG BOI

overtraining so soon???

this is my 3rd week of training for real and i havent gained any strength. i mean i even think i lost some...i normal when i start again like the 2nd week is a huge jump of strength but now im training with my cousin and he's like into the bodybuilding thing and im into the powerlifting thing but i said F it better to train with someone then aloine. well we train 5 days per week, 3 exercise per big muscles groups 2 per small. 3 -4 sets per exercise. we train about 1 hour each time. monday -friday. my sleep hasnt been the best cause we go at 6am and i get to sleep at like 12am..i do take amben to sleep. i mean when i started i was weak, like the first day back on squats i did 2 plates for 4 reps and this morning i only could do 1 plate and a quater i did slow up the reps for better control but damn before i would be easy 2 plates and a quater by the 2nd week..thats when i would do 3 days per week and only like squat bench or deads. need some input.

thanks
    calvin

Well, 5 days straight on? How does your split look? Maybe theres a better way you can arrange it?

Also a lot of other external factors affect progress. Sleep, stress, diet etc. You already said sleep could be better. Perhaps its a combination of stress and sleep?

Either way, give it a little time and don't worry. Worrying will probably make things worse

But look at your split and any other external factors that could be hindering your progress.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

BIG BOI
    monday-chest and tricep
    tuesday-quads and calfs
    wednesday-back and biceps
    thursday-delts and traps
    friday-hamstrings and calves

i made the routien out cause his was like triceps and delts before chest and back( after bicepos..etc.) i tried to clean it up ass much as i could. he wont workout less then 5 days per week and i kind alike working oiut alot .

your right about other factors like sleep(6 hours a night avg.) food, not the most protein ..3 meals.etc. so ill change those things before anything.

thanks hulk

calvin

working out 5 days per week and getting 6 hours of sleep or less each night? Sure sounds like a recipe for overtraining to me. Perhaps working out with your cousin was not the best idea. If you post your routine and diet, the more experienced people can probably give you some great tips to keep those gains coming.

Edit: D'oh! You must have been responding at the same time as i was.
    Last edited by Cue-Ball; 05-21-2002 at 04:31 PM.
    teh ownz joo all 4 free! if joo don't like it, you is teh GHEY!
    -Voodazz