The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

View Poll Results: Jas George Bush lost the plot ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Idea !

3 23.08%
  • he is off his rocker

10 76.92%
    Read on the news this morning that George Bush wants to develop the "Star Wars" Missle defense plan originally thought out by Regan...

I.e have a satellite/weapon that will protect America from Rouge nations ...

This will break many treaties and Russsia is reported to be anxious regarding the plan, and I am sure it will do noithing to better relationshoips with China

Whatcha reckon ? Good move or bad move ?

I don't think it is a bad thing protecting yourself but it is romoured to cost up to 1 trillion dollars ! Also with the unsettleing of other countries they may also take the same approach leading to possible confilcts ? ?
    Last edited by Joe Black; 05-02-2001 at 05:51 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

This is a bad move. It's a defense weapon but I think Russia and China look at it as an aggresive move.

Also with the unsettleing of other countries they may also take the same approach leading to possible confilcts ?
    ...exactly.
    ...it's more friendly for trainers to say, "yeah, we can help you tone up!" rather than saying, "yeah, we can help you get rid of that fat ass!"

Anthony

Let's nuke 'em all!

bone crusher
    what he has proposed is a dramiticly scaled back version from reagan.

It may be able to stop one or two missles, but will do nothing to stop the bomb which fits in a piece of luggage and is transported by land.

That is the real threat. No terrorist attacks by missles and anyone that did would face total distruction by a us attack..

It a a false sense of security he is promoting. But then again what else do you expect from a guy who says "nu-cu-lar" instead of "nu-cle-ar". He has no appreciation for the difficulties he proposes. That is why he never offers specifics. He has no idea

I voted for the guy who really won the election. And that wasn't bush.

It is a bad move because 1- it doesn't work; 2- it could lead to an arms race in space.

The guy's a fukking liability..and a corrupt one at that!

well, clinton was no better. he would always run to camp david to hide when things got hot plus he was as corrupt as they come. i think we can do without the star wars system and i think he should focus on rebuilding the military clinton downsized. we may need the muscle seeing we may end up at war with china who would probably kick our butts anyway seeing they have over 3 million soldiers in their army, no exaggeration either. i personally would like us to increase our military but stay on good terms with china. russia, i would'nt worry about them, they can't afford to feed their people let alone go to war with anyone but themselves. dont get me wrong, i like china and russia(even when russia was commi) but they have got to learn that americans won't sit back and let them bully people, that's our jobs, lol.

i know many people don't like bush, i voted for gore(wish he was there now) but i say i would support the pres but not when i think his decision is not wise. oh well, guess we will just have to sit back and see.
    Last edited by Hercules; 05-03-2001 at 10:59 PM.
    This is our current government keeping the peace.

vote Edwards for president

If you think a war between the US and China would boil down to manpower your head is in the clouds bro.

Bush was in power a week and bombing Iraq which was hardly justified. He pulled out of an agreement to control greenhouse gas emissions...I wonder why that was?!

I realise it was 'Hobson's choice' choosing Bush, as Al Gore is clinically dead from the neck up too, but I much preferred Clinton at the 'wheel' than Bush, period!

I totally agree with Shaggy..

A war between either China and Russia would be disasterous.. You think because they have economic problems they donlt have adequate weapons.. wrong..

Personally I thought Clinton did a LOT for world peace even if he was curropt, hell most are... But you can't expect someone to hold that job for any lengtth of time it would kill them !

If you look at people b4 they take power and when they leave they look avout 30 years older !

my head is not in the clouds for one. i know war with china would be disasterous but compare the numbers man. we, the u.s. have 400,00 or so troops, not more than 500k, china has over 3 million and i'm sure they are upping those numbers daily. i don't forsee a war with russia but they are too much into some of their old ways, supporting communist nations for one which is threatening world peace. speaking of world peace, dream on, period!!! i agree with the bombing of iraq, i wish they'd of gotten insane hussein, and i hope they get yasir araphat too. those too are total trouble makers that need to be delt with.

back to war with china, i know we have a more sophisticated military than they do, and i know that they are also buddies with north korea, who has over 1 million soldiers themselves plus are big time dealers in the nuke race. war amongst either of these countries, middle eastern too, would be catastrophic. our nukes, china's nukes, north korea's nukes, saddam's chemical weapons flying back and forth, kiss you a$$ good bye.
    This is our current government keeping the peace.

vote Edwards for president

China military is ill equipped. They may have 3 million man infantry, but most of these personnel have only a AK47 and light field artillery to protect them. The American military would cut them down like a scythe cutting grass. When China invaded Vietnam in 1979 there were massive causalities on the Chinese side. Some reports stated it at 100,000. That is because the Chinese have massive man power but few artilleries, tanks and aircraft to back them up. The Chinese philosophy is to bum rush you with massive troops. Anyway a war with China will be messy; it may even go nuclear.

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Bush is such a fag.

He's gonna ruin everything.tuttut

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Shall I start off by saying that I thank God every night that Bush was elected?
    Even if he's an unarticulated speaker. I've heard people slurr and cuss, mispronounce words and use horrible syntax, and then say that Bush is an Idiot. It truly angers me beyond belief. I personally dont give a damn if someone mispronounces the word "nucular". I think he's doing a good job as pres, especially after we had a pirate leading us for 8 years, who used military force more times than his two predecessors did in twelve years.

Dont you understand that China gets angry at everything we do? Every time Bush so much as takes a ****, our relations with China are threatened. Russia is the same way. All in all, it doesnt matter what we do, China isnt going to like it. Rumsfeld likened the missile defense system to a warrior with a shield and a spear, while his opponent only has a spear. He will think twice before trying to attack a shielded enemy, even if he is unsure of his skill with that shield. If a country is angered by us taking the task of protecting ourselves, then devil take 'em.

I want you guys to remember that America is not a Democracy. It never was and never was intended to be.

I'm not coming back to this thread so burn me all you want. I like you guys too much to talk politics.

LOL@W8_4_me
    ...it's more friendly for trainers to say, "yeah, we can help you tone up!" rather than saying, "yeah, we can help you get rid of that fat ass!"

Anthony