The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 918
  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    legs and cardio inc in a bit..

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    smith squats below ||
    95xsomething
    135xsomething
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5
    315x5
    365x6, fail on 7
    315x8
    225x20

    db lunges per leg
    30sx5
    50sx5
    70sx5
    90sx5
    100sx8
    60sx10

    leg ext ss with calf press slow slow reps
    220x12 / 6ppsx12 x4

    ham/quad stretch

    17m stairmaster


    bw 191

    preworkout pic

  3. #53
    Senior Member cphafner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    7,701
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    http://powerbuilding.pl/wp-content/u...tretches66.jpg

    nothing special about the stretches themselves.. except for that weighted tricep stretch which is pretty brutal. its just the duration and intensity
    I need to get you a video of the stretch I do. I wanted to take them lat night, but my forgot my camera.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

    I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

    "you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

    "Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

    From A Body Builder is Born

    i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

  4. #54
    Senior Member cphafner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    7,701
    Are you competing or getting lean for fun? You could just about walk on stage...I hate you! haha
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

    I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

    "you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

    "Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

    From A Body Builder is Born

    i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

  5. #55
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    You could just about walk on stage...I hate you! haha
    I am not too fond of dude either, lol.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    connor yeah man that would be great. i think i was overdoing it with the stretching. i'm actually gaining here.. will probably do just that until like july-early august then try to get a little diced up. competing will prob never happen. i just do this for fun

    terry, how could you say that!! haha

    ...

    anyway.

    AM CREW
    35m stairmaster fasted

    i had chilean sea bass for dinner last night.. muy bueno. it was from a restaurant which was unfortunate

  7. #57
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Learn to make the stuff yourself bro, it's not hard at all. I love cooking, I guess that's probably what got me in to the state I'm in now, haha. Damn culinary school. Bastards. Looking great man, you always damn near look good, so that's nothing new. Always working hard, I like it.

    AM CREW is going to bed now. Your Sunday is my Thursday, 2 more days of work then it's my Saturday on Tuesday. Awesome isn't it?
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  8. #58
    Skinny Feet Kiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    2,789
    Looking very good mate, very good.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

    A Westside journal.

    'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

    'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

    'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

  9. #59
    Senior Member cphafner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    7,701
    I'm hoping I left my camera at work. If I didn't I'll film my stretching tomorrow.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

    I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

    "you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

    "Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

    From A Body Builder is Born

    i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Learn to make the stuff yourself bro, it's not hard at all. I love cooking, I guess that's probably what got me in to the state I'm in now, haha. Damn culinary school. Bastards. Looking great man, you always damn near look good, so that's nothing new. Always working hard, I like it.

    AM CREW is going to bed now. Your Sunday is my Thursday, 2 more days of work then it's my Saturday on Tuesday. Awesome isn't it?
    haha yeah i can cook, i was just out with a friend. it only sucks because portions are bush league. chilean sea bass is not common so i had to go for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Looking very good mate, very good.
    thanks kiff chugging along
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I'm hoping I left my camera at work. If I didn't I'll film my stretching tomorrow.
    thanks man that would be huge.

    deads/back tomorrow. going to try to get some extra sleep tonight... im hoping to work my way up to 80s on rows provided my bicep holds up.

  11. #61
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Looking lean. Good luck with the rows, hope the bicep feels ok.

  12. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    am crew. feeling good.

  13. #63
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Good stuff. Am crew going to bed now. Tired as hell, long night of idiots.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  14. #64
    Continuing... Time+Patience's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    i have spent upwards of 2h doing legs before.. but i am trying to reduce time between sets a LOT.. like no more than 1:30 between sets.. ideally 1:00 or less. obviously this is a little rougher.
    It's hard to drop the rest between sets to just 60 seconds because your strength levels aren't fully up and you end up not pushing out as many reps or with as much weight to get the same reps. It's just an ego thing for me, that's why I like Rest-Paused because I can just hammer the 1st portion of the set knowing I left it all out there and then whatever else I get is just gravy.

    I'm trying to lower my rest just to save on some damn time too! I realize I have better things to do and I'm not in a mass gaining phase so the gym isn't where I progress the most.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

    Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

  15. #65
    Continuing... Time+Patience's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,702
    Looking solid in the pre-workout picture. I think under 195, unless you do a slow bulk, is an awesome BW for you. Still lean right now and a few more pounds would get you a wee bit bigger.

    I have been loving your journal lately, your progress has been good and your updates have been nice to read through. Although it has been hard to know what your direction was in the past but you have things straightened out for now.

    You don't plan on changing things up on me do you?
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

    Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

  16. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    Looking lean. Good luck with the rows, hope the bicep feels ok.
    thx man, it was just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Good stuff. Am crew going to bed now. Tired as hell, long night of idiots.
    i'm sure its the job satisfaction that keeps you going haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    It's hard to drop the rest between sets to just 60 seconds because your strength levels aren't fully up and you end up not pushing out as many reps or with as much weight to get the same reps. It's just an ego thing for me, that's why I like Rest-Paused because I can just hammer the 1st portion of the set knowing I left it all out there and then whatever else I get is just gravy.

    I'm trying to lower my rest just to save on some damn time too! I realize I have better things to do and I'm not in a mass gaining phase so the gym isn't where I progress the most.
    its real rough. i wouldnt say that i'm 60s or less every set.. but i'm no more than 1:30 and usually about 60s. i definitely scream through workouts a lot faster. it used to take me like 45m just to do deads because i would do like 3-4m of rest between sets.. i was done in like 20m today
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    Looking solid in the pre-workout picture. I think under 195, unless you do a slow bulk, is an awesome BW for you. Still lean right now and a few more pounds would get you a wee bit bigger.

    I have been loving your journal lately, your progress has been good and your updates have been nice to read through. Although it has been hard to know what your direction was in the past but you have things straightened out for now.

    You don't plan on changing things up on me do you?
    thanks scott. i'm gaining! where i will stop, i certainly done know

  17. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    conv deads
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5
    315x5
    355x5
    easy

    leg curls
    4 sets
    i think ive really neglected my hams.. my pulling is really all back. gonna try to work on this

    db rows
    30x10
    50x10
    70x10
    80x10 pretty hard

    underhand pulldowns
    90x10
    120x10
    120x10
    120x10
    also hard..

    pulldowns and rows are completely different when you force the lats to do the pulling

    17m cardio

    ham, lat, back, bi stretching

    prewo bw 189.6

  18. #68
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Good stuff Tim. How's the bicep?

  19. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    thx man

    its as good as can be. pronated grip is out of the question on all lifts except deads w/ straps

    supinated is good for pulldowns.. and i'm using a very strict neutral grip on the rows... no elbow flare whatsoever.. very strict form. when my elbows start to flare (lat failure) i just stop rather than allow the biceps to compensated

  20. #70
    Senior Member KIBBLES N BITS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    519
    Nice deads, you still trying to play around with the Hook grip, it would probably help the bicep (no shit huh ?) lol....You have a hell of a solid set of abs too, I'm trying to attain the same build, hopefully in a few more years

  21. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    i gave up on hook. im doing over under but i switched hands

  22. #72
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,320
    OH HI. HEARD YOURE INTO TONING

    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

    "You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott



    I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

  23. #73
    Senior Member cphafner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    7,701
    here you go dude. I was trying to upload to youtube so I can embed the video, but now I have to have a google account to upload videos. I spent 30 minutes and still couldn't get the damn account working. I might take the train to the google office downtown tomorrow and punch someone in the face. I'm sure they are used to it.

    http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=CIMG2483.mp4
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

    I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

    "you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

    "Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

    From A Body Builder is Born

    i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

  24. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    bw 191.6
    35m stairmstter

  25. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    OH HI. HEARD YOURE INTO TONING

    i do HIIT in the morning but its low intensity. i think CLA will help redistribute my muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    here you go dude. I was trying to upload to youtube so I can embed the video, but now I have to have a google account to upload videos. I spent 30 minutes and still couldn't get the damn account working. I might take the train to the google office downtown tomorrow and punch someone in the face. I'm sure they are used to it.

    http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=CIMG2483.mp4
    thanks for coming through on this man, i will def give this a try tomorrow between sets.. do you feel it mostly in the tris? i will certainly find out soon. i had been toying with the db ext stretch but its definitely hard to get that tricep sweet spot

Similar Threads

  1. lifting journal pt. 2
    By f=ma in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 1995
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 06:24 PM
  2. What do you do with your lifting journal?
    By LoneJeeper in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 03:43 PM
  3. My Lifting Journal
    By Hercule in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 481
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 08:28 AM
  4. Lifting Journal
    By waterbuckat in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2002, 10:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •