The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I hate eating! help with my bulk diet

Hey everyone,

I dropped to an all time low of 157lbs at 5'10 and it's now time for me to bulk up! The problem is that my bulk diet is good food, but I suck at cooking and don't know what to put on anything. I'm also scared of adding prservatives and sauces that will give me excess fat during this cycle. I want to keep my bulking diet somewhat healthy, no junk, no fast food.

The biggest problems I have is lean steak (thin), chicken breasts, rice and potatoes. I basically put some reasoning on the chick and steak but I warm them up at work and they're totally uneatable and dry so I just drop ketchup on it..same with the rice and potatoe..ketchup. I've been doing this for quite some time now and I absolutely can't stand it anymore. I tried walled gardens sauces and they're absoluetly disgusting, almost threw up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the above foods, what I can possibly put on it to make it taste a lot better or better ways of preparing it, etc

Thanks!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

When you put the seasoning on the chicken or steak (presumably at home) do you cook it too, then refrigerate it and take it to work? Or are you microwaving raw chicken at work?

Garage Lifter
    learn to cook, try a cooking website for recipes

also, invest in a grill and/or smoker for meats
    Last edited by StLRPh; 04-13-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Pound shakes. Opticen or maximus should serve someone like you very well.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Microwave a raw chicken breast? loll sorry, that was the funniest thing i've ever read lol. I cook it the night before on a george foreman grill and season both sides, slap it in tuberware and microwave it the next day and eat.

I've tried quiet a few chicken recipes from the net and they were all terrible. Considering that we probably eat the same stuff day in and day out, I thought recipes and suggestions from you guys would be of more quality

I already have a couple of shakes a day, I need some solid foods as well.
    Last edited by dd2000; 04-13-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Preservatives have nothing to do with fat gain!

There are only about eighty bajillion different ways to season your food without adding fat:
    Cilantro, garlic, salt, cracked pepper, hot sauce, garlic, HOT SAUCE, onions, MSG (yes it's safe for you)

I don't know what you are doing to your meat that makes it inedible when you reheat. Sometimes I actually prefer a chicken breast reheated after it's been hanging out with the other delicious foods I cooked it with, seems to soak up more flavor.

I understand your frustration, but cooking isn't that complicated. Lots of cookbooks and websites even list the calorie content of the foods. Find recipes that sound good, work them into your macros. Cook, eat, done.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Well...the thing is, when you cook a chick or a steak with seasonings, all it does is dry it out more. The next day when I heat it up it's literally so bland and dry that it's uneatable. I have to drop ketchup on it just to eat it and i'm getting sick of doing that. I maybe need some sauces to drop on it so it's not so dry, but any sauce I look at off the shelf has a ridiculous amount of sodium. Aren't these sauces not good for you? Possibly assist with fat gains during a big bulking cycle? I'm going to maybe try some new recipes but was looking for advice on here, if someone has their own recipes that they can share which is working for them.

Just pack some sammiches made with healthier bread choices. Today I'm taking a BIG turkey and cheese on whole wheat, along with an apple and some raw veggies. It took my about three minutes to fix it and throw it in a brown paper bag.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dd2000 View Post
    Well...the thing is, when you cook a chick or a steak with seasonings, all it does is dry it out more. The next day when I heat it up it's literally so bland and dry that it's uneatable. I have to drop ketchup on it just to eat it and i'm getting sick of doing that. I maybe need some sauces to drop on it so it's not so dry, but any sauce I look at off the shelf has a ridiculous amount of sodium. Aren't these sauces not good for you? Possibly assist with fat gains during a big bulking cycle? I'm going to maybe try some new recipes but was looking for advice on here, if someone has their own recipes that they can share which is working for them.
    I honestly have no idea what you are doing to your food. Yesterday I had steak for lunch that tasted just fine after I reheated it. Sodium really isn't a big deal unless you already have hypertension or are looking to drop water weight for a competition, even then, just use some moderation. Unless the sauces have a ton of calories in them they are not going to make you fat.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

You must be microwaving the crap out of your food. Or your tastebuds are a lot more delicate than mine. I reheat grilled chicken all the time and it tastes great and isn't dried out. Are you overcooking the meat in the first place? I use a thermometer to determine doneness.

I can't believe it's not butter spray for the potatoes. McCormick's seasoning grinders work well for me. I also like to do a roast and coat it in mustard then season it. Also hot sauce is your friend.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase