Thread: 2600 calories a day?

Banned

2600 calories a day?

A calculator i just used worked this out for me. I'm 5 f 7, 150 pounds and 19 years old. Does that number sound about right? And if i wanna lose fat, should i be consuming 2300 calories a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Masters View Post
    A calculator i just used worked this out for me. I'm 5 f 7, 150 pounds and 19 years old. Does that number sound about right? And if i wanna lose fat, should i be consuming 2300 calories a day?
    Sounds a little high. How about you test 2300ish and after 4 weeks measure your progress. If your not dropping enough, restrict this number further, too much obviously it needs upping.

Wannabebig Member
    Depends on how active you are.

I am 5'11'' and about 190lbs right now and I eat somewhere around 2,600 calories a day to maintain weight. When I try to lose weight I usually set to 2,000 calories a day or slightly lower. But other than an hour workout, I sit at a desk most of the day.

Consume somewhere between 2100-2300, more or less depending on the results of testing that for a couple weeks (basically what JT was talking about).

Quote Originally Posted by JT111 View Post
    Sounds a little high. How about you test 2300ish and after 4 weeks measure your progress. If your not dropping enough, restrict this number further, too much obviously it needs upping.
    This.

When Im looking to gain lean mass or lose bodyfat, I like to measure my macros instead of my calories. Its the same thing in the end really, but you can be sure you're getting what you need. The macros depend on the type of diet you want to pursue, I myself like to cycle. Then I have high protein / essential fat days and then higher carb / moderate pro/ low fat days. This puts you in a great hormonal environment for gaining muscle or burning fat, depending on how you do it. There are many benefits to this type of diet. On the other hand, off the top of my head, if you want to make some gains but stay lean or even get leaner on a steady diet, Id try to get about 225-250g protein, 225-250g carbs, and 30-40g fat a day. thats about 2100-2400 calories per day. Start there. If you want to carb cycle, thats a different story. Just depends on how "in to it" that you are.

Focus on pre / during/ post workout nutrition with the carb intake, other times focus on the protein and essential fats. Get all your carbs in before the evening, then focus on veggies like broccoli/ cauliflower and asparagus. Use the fats more when the carbs are lower or absent.

Hope that helps.