Thread: Nick Diaz!

Nick Diaz!

10 fight win streak, keeps the fight where everyone said he had to avoid it, and makes that trash talking clown look like a fool. One of the best guys to watch fight. He should either fight GSP next after Shields, or have someone like Condit come over to fight him, after a much needed summer off.

Also, unrelated, Dana should force Fitch and Koscheck to fight each other.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

While Diaz is on a tear and did impress last night, I don't think he'd stand much of a chance against GSP. When you compare strengths, GSPs ground game is much greater than when you compare Diaz punching to GSP's stand up. People sometimes forget that GSP's kickboxing is very underated and that is probably because of the Serra fight and that he chooses to wrestle so often. Diaz's chin is his only clear advantage I can figure.

Carlos Condit, I'm not too familiar with him, but if he can KO Diaz like he did Hardy than that would be GREAT!

Chatter going on about Fedor dropping to LHW and facing Hendo sometime in July! Both guys are old, but should make for an exciting match.

I was never a Diaz fan, but he turned me. Damn, he got the job done last night. That was a great f'ing fight. Two guys who clearly wanted to ktfo one another. Hendo is one of my favorites. I'd love to see Hendo v Fedor. A win against Fedor would really cement Hendo's place in MMA. I'd still like to see Hendo get another shot at Anderson Silva..

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

I think that Diaz would be a much more exciting fight for GSP than Shields. Diaz gets a bad wrap, but he's more than a game opponent. He always finds the victory. He is a great boxer in MMA, and there aren't many good ones. GSP is a good boxer as well, and has chosen to go that route more than his karate style in his recent fights. On the ground, yeah GSP can wrestle but Diaz has great jits as well and is just dirty, always fighting. Most fighters get in front of GSP and break, I don't think that Diaz would. Im not saying Diaz would win, because Im not sure anybody can beat GSP right now. But if somebody might have a shot, its Diaz. Just my thought. His height is a lot to deal with as well. Id imagine GSP would immediately look for the takedown.

Can't stand the Diaz' brothers. They bug the shit out of me.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Diaz is great, the only shit talking I actual believe means what he says.

Sheilds and him are from the same camp so they will not fight.
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

I used to despise Diaz, but he's kind of grown on me. His antics are kind of funny sometimes, and you gotta respect the way he fights and trains. I agree with you, Shaun, he would give GSP a much more exciting fight than Shields. I don't think he could beat him, though. His style doesn't match up that well. GSP would overpower him with his wrestling and takedowns and although Diaz has some slick BJJ I don't see him catching GSP in a submission either.
    Last edited by RBB; 04-11-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Yes i agree. GSP is so good with ground and pound and avoiding getting caught. Diaz has some great ground subs though, so you never know. GSP is just so strong. Diaz would present a threat though, and I don't feel that Shields does at all. What can Shields do, out wrestle him? No I don't think so. I think he's going to leave with his face looking worse off than Koschecks!

Anybody know what happened to Roger Huerta?

Garage Lifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugol View Post
    Anybody know what happened to Roger Huerta?
    He went to Bellator and is 1-2 there. He did lose to Eddie Alvarez (their LW champ) and Pat Curran (just fought and lost for LW title).

In his last 5 fights he's 1 and 4
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    He went to Bellator and is 1-2 there. He did lose to Eddie Alvarez (their LW champ) and Pat Curran (just fought and lost for LW title).

In his last 5 fights he's 1 and 4
    WOW... 1 and 4, that guy looked like he had a lots of potential....his match against the carpenter Clay Guida was awesome... wonder whats going on with him
    Last edited by Hugol; 04-11-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Garage Lifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugol View Post
    WOW... 1 and 4, that guy looked like he had a lots of potential....his match against the carpenter Clay Guida was awesome... wonder whats going on with him
    He's fighting much tougher guys than he did the first 2/3rds of his career. Even the Guida fight he was losing badly until the very end
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Diaz one the Daley fight no doubt about that but he didn't look great doing it. his the floor face first at one point and I was sure the fight was going to be stopped.

Was surprised they stopped it so quickly when Daley looked like he just tripped yet when Diaz gets floored by a punch they give him plenty of time to recover.

Either way it was a great fight. Diaz's ten fight win streak honestly doesn't impress me though. His competition has been all unranked opponents Daley was his first ranked WW fight in years. He won but he made a lot of mistakes. Mistakes that GSP would be more then ready to capitalize on. Plus I can never get Diaz getting out struck by t-rex arms Sean Sherk out of my head.

On the other hand Melendez looked like a monster. I doubted the guy as I do all guys in these smaller orgs but Kawajari is legit and so is aoki. I would like to see him in the UFC against some of the top guys and see how he does.

I'd like to see Diaz/Penn honestly. Then again I'd like to see Penn fight all the WW's he looked great against Fitch, until the last round of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Mirjavadi View Post
    Yes i agree. GSP is so good with ground and pound and avoiding getting caught. Diaz has some great ground subs though, so you never know. GSP is just so strong. Diaz would present a threat though, and I don't feel that Shields does at all. What can Shields do, out wrestle him? No I don't think so. I think he's going to leave with his face looking worse off than Koschecks!
    Agreed. Shields' striking is pretty weak. I see the fight going pretty much the same way as the Koscheck fight. GSP is going to pound his face in while stuffing his repeated takedown attempts.

Shields could surprise us, he is a very game veteran. Regardless of the outcome of the GSP/Shields fight, I believe Shields would have the better chance to beat Anderson Silva. I don't think either of them have much of one however, but Shields has had success at 185 to some degree and has beaten top 10 talent there already.

GSP needs new competition at WW, especially if he dominates Shields. I have no desire to see him fight Fitch again, and don't believe guys like Condit, Sanchez, or even Diaz pose a real risk, but Diaz would make the fight interesting.

Method, Daley couldn't even get up on his own after the fight was stopped and when he did, he wobbled back to his stool. Diaz took his best shots and quickly turned the fight back in his favor.

Just get under the bar!