Thread: Trying to get in shape!

Wannabebig New Member

Trying to get in shape!

Hello! My name is Peter. I am 31, 6'1 and weigh in at about 220. I played tons of sports up intil my early 20s. I have always been semi healthy, well skinnier than I am, until these past 4 years. I quit smoking 3 years ago and put on 40 pounds! I have worked out and put on some muscle, but I am mostly soft. About a year ago, I was in the gym every other day, lifting and seeing some results, but then my work out partner started getting much much bigger than me, and it wasn't because of natuarl results. Needless to say, I couldn't keep up and so I stopped going (poor excuse I know).

Anyways, he was back around recently and is now all natural. We have been back in the gym for about two weeks, and due to unforeseen events, he is now no longer able to be there. I am not going to give up this time, I want to change. I have been going to the gym on my own, but he was the one who really knew what to do, I basically just followed his direction.

So, before this goes on any longer and I bore whoever may read this, I guess I just need some help. If it is too forward and rude for me to just join and say that, I apologize. I just don't know where else to turn. I read through a bunch of posts here and you all seem very good at this whole being healthy and working out thing. I want, no need, to make a lifestyle change. I have a baby on the way, and I am going to need to be able to keep up with the little bugger.

So to summarize, I basically want to shed these love handles and build me some muscle. I am not a complete noob, but I have never honestly given 100%. I want to have a proper diet and monitor fat and caloric intake so I can function properly.

Any help or suggestions would not only be welcomed, but humbly appreciated.

Thanks,

FP!

Read the HCT-12 routine articles (link at the top of the page) and the stickies in the nutrition section. That should be a good start.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig New Member
    Thanks, I will take a look