Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: meet results for my meet, and a new all time world record

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    That's pretty funny. Do you really think someone is going to turn down a "world record" just because they think the judges gave them a gift?
    Obviously you don't know Derek. If he thought that was the case I"m pretty sure he'd voice his opinion about it. He hasn't. That means he agrees with the judges. Again, end of discussion.

TJW
    Quote Originally Posted by byronsru24 View Post
    Obviously you don't know Derek. If he thought that was the case I"m pretty sure he'd voice his opinion about it. He hasn't. That means he agrees with the judges. Again, end of discussion.
    I don't know him, but he did say on another forum that he thought it was high, so according to you, he should tell the judges he thought it was high.

In the end, nothing will happen and hopefully he and Cartinian can have a nice battle at 198 at the Pro/Am.

life, one rep at a time
    That's pretty funny. Do you really think someone is going to turn down a "world record" just because they think the judges gave them a gift?
    yeah i would. i've actually talked to several friends whom i trust a lot in this sport about this possibility. i've judged at meets with people squatting almost as wide as i do and i know the perspective changes drastically. i've passed lifts before that i later saw video from the front and thought "holy shit, was this even the same meet i was at?". as i've said to others ray charles wasn't judging that day even though he was invited (declined due to a case of the death) and the guys on the sides weren't blind. they called what they saw the best they could. the main reason i'm not going to turn this down is that honestly, i could've taken it lower just as easily. if not for that fact i wouldn't sleep very well and would most likely turn it down.

oh and from the last time i talked to mike he said he was dropping back to 81's in august and i don't plan on ever going back down unless i get sick and drop weight or something. i haven't cut weight like that in over 2 years and there's a good reason for it, it fucking sucks. i look forward to seeing what he'll do, i wouldn't bet against him squatting 1k at 181! the real battle will be between him and Al who i think is due for a huge day. i'd never bet against him either!
    Last edited by gopostal42; 04-21-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    Derek Wilcox
    181 class 935lb WR squat
    best meet lifts
    squat 935 bench 500 deadlift 700
    best totals 181 2050 198 2065

journal
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128030

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    If you don't have constructive criticism or positive reinforcements, don't say anything.

This.... is...... right...... and put much nicer than I did. Well done Tim.

If you want to just hate on people there's always outlawpowerlifting.com
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

TJW
    Quote Originally Posted by gopostal42 View Post
    yeah i would. i've actually talked to several friends whom i trust a lot in this sport about this possibility. i've judged at meets with people squatting almost as wide as i do and i know the perspective changes drastically. i've passed lifts before that i later saw video from the front and thought "holy shit, was this even the same meet i was at?". as i've said to others ray charles wasn't judging that day even though he was invited (declined due to a case of the death) and the guys on the sides weren't blind. they called what they saw the best they could. the main reason i'm not going to turn this down is that honestly, i could've taken it lower just as easily. if not for that fact i wouldn't sleep very well and would most likely turn it down.

oh and from the last time i talked to mike he said he was dropping back to 81's in august and i don't plan on ever going back down unless i get sick and drop weight or something. i haven't cut weight like that in over 2 years and there's a good reason for it, it fucking sucks. i look forward to seeing what he'll do, i wouldn't bet against him squatting 1k at 181! the real battle will be between him and Al who i think is due for a huge day. i'd never bet against him either!

Fair enough, and for the record, I never said it was high, I just didn't think that someone would turn down a world record just because they thought the judge gave them a gift. Thanks for the info on Mike too and you are right about it being a nice battle between him and Caslow.

life, one rep at a time
    Fair enough, and for the record, I never said it was high, I just didn't think that someone would turn down a world record just because they thought the judge gave them a gift. Thanks for the info on Mike too and you are right about it being a nice battle between him and Caslow.

no worries, it does look high on the video. perspective looks horrible from the front for people that squat that wide.

i know jason coker did on a bench he had at 181.
    Derek Wilcox
    181 class 935lb WR squat
    best meet lifts
    squat 935 bench 500 deadlift 700
    best totals 181 2050 198 2065

journal
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128030

Dr. Subtotal
    http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/9031

I believe the APF turned down his request though, so that 771 is still the APF Record (and unofficial alltime WR)
    However, Soong recognizes the 750 by Fry as the Official All-Time WR.
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132318

Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...

good stuff nice work!!! Thats really impressive weights for your weight class.
    Last edited by bald bull; 04-22-2011 at 03:16 PM.