Thread: Noobie

Noobie

Alright I'm new to weight lifting, have no experience in this at all.

I do boxing and want a good balance of Strength, explosive power, and endurance(don't need to much endurance to be honest)

If I train with weights I do it in my shed, not in a gym. I have brothers but no one really wants to spot me.
    I do boxing on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6:30 PM. I also have school most of the time from 8:45am to 3:45pm.

I'd like to have a training routine wich will allow me to build my strength in every part of my body. Not too interested in hyperthrophy, but I guess I wouldn't hurt to add some in the odd time.

I've read about these things called 5x5 Madcows. This program interests me, but I'd also like to do some 1rep max stuff if possible.

Also, do any of you know what I can do when I simply can't put the weight up on the bench? I don't want to die lifting weights so any suggestions for escape tactics when you're pinned to the bench?

Uhh...I have another problem aswell. How do I do squats when I have no rack and there's no one to help me?

I hope to hear from you lot soon, before I end up getting crushed by weights if possible :P

-KJ

Squats are going to be tough unless you have a way to load the bar onto your shoulders. You may have to stick to really high rep stuff or substitute deadlifts and split squats.

Benching without proper safety equipment or a spotter can be dangerous, especially if you want to be doing singles. You could stick to parallel bar dips and shoulder presses and build good strength while being much safer.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Well, I would NEVER recommend lifting without a spotter, but (so you don't kill yourself) if you do (again, I wouldn't), and you're pinned, just lean the weight to one side and make the weights slip off. The other side will crash down very quickly afterwards, but you'll live (but I wouldn't recommend it!).