The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best ever cover versions

Usually when people try to do a cover version they fail miserably, but on occasion a track can be better than the original. Give me some to DL if i haven't already got them.

here's what i think are some good cover versions:

1. All along the watch tower - Jimi hendrix (Bob Dyaln cover)
    2. I just wanna have soemthing to do - pearl jam (Ramones cover)
    3. The boy with the thorn in his side - Jeff buckley (Smiths cover)
    4. Ave maria - Alicia Keys (Beethoven cover)

Come on you faggots, give me some inspiration.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Last Kiss...... but who was that originally by? Anywayz the pearl jam version is much much better.

"Die, Die My Darling" originally by the Misfits, covered by Metallica. The Misfits could never play worth sh*t, and Glenn Danzig hadn't learned how to sing yet, so the original is pretty crappy IMO. Metallica's version kicks ass(Though it'd be better with Danzig singing as he later came to do) Really, it's the only good/hard thing Metallica's done in the last ten years or so.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

the best cover song is paint it black by rolling stones re-done by gob

Ecoli die
    I would say "am I evil" by Metallica. The original was almost a balad but Metallica really put some meaning into it.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

hey tiare or how about stone cold crazy re-done by metallica...the original was by queen!

"Dreams I'll Never See" by the Allman Brothers, covered by Molly Hatchet. MH did it much better, IMO.

Machine Head - Message in a bottle, original by the police. It's a pretty cool cover.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Little Wing - Sting (Hendrix cover)
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Just Like Heaven by the Cure, as done by Dinosaur Jr.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

bone crusher
    B&I i was gonna say green hell by metallica
    another misfits song right?

bone crusher
    hey b&I that song you mentioned was also on the original garage days that was released in the early 90s

Originally posted by the doc
    hey b&I that song you mentioned was also on the original garage days that was released in the early 90s
    Original Garage Days Revisted was released in '87 prior to '...And Justice For All' not too long after the death of Cliff Burton. It did include 'Green Hell.'(Yeah, it's Misfits) 'Die, Die My Darling', though, wasn't recorded until Metallica rereleased it with a 2nd disc of newly recorded songs--most of which were laughable IMO, particularly 'Loverman' and 'Turn the Page'--about 3 years ago.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 05-21-2002 at 12:57 AM.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Spiderman covered by the Ramones.

Astronomy, originally by Green Oyster Cult, cover by Metallica.

Uhhhh...Stairway to Heaven by Budiak. Its truly, truly beautiful, uintil he gets to the solo and has to play melody because he cant play geetar too good.

Green oyster cult?!

Isn't it the blue oyster cult?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

bone crusher
    87?
    damn i feel old. That was my first metallica ever.
    the original $4.97 tape ...lol

Disturbed doing "Shout!!!"
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

MACHINE
    I really like STPs cover of Dancing Days by Led Zeppelin
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Banned
    best cover I ever heard was an obscure band playing an equally obscure song

There was a folkie in Canada by the name of Stan Rogers, who was known for writing and singing some of the best folk/maritime/etc songs ever. He died young, as the best always do.

One of his classic songs, which I'm pretty sure was an original, was a song called "Barrett's Privateers". Meant to be sung a-cappella, the song is the tale of a fisherman who signs on with a shady privateer in a leaky boat to go plunder American shipping during the war of independence. it's quite a tune.

Anyway, I'm in this pub in Windsor, with a friend who makes his living as a folkie, and this band comes on with a lead singer that looks like Green Day and they play a bunch of pop/punk stuff. Their name was Celtic Cross or some damn thing like that.

Then they start doing a hip-hop version of Barrett's a/la DMC or old school BEastie. My folkie friend was incensed at first, but then he got into the groove and wound up liking it.

I daresay it isn't available for download ANYWHERE, likely as not, but it was definitely the best cover I've ever heard.

Bizkit covering the Mission: Impossible theme wasn't bad. The original lacked pep, despite its memorable melody.

Cal

The entire Garage Days Album. (Especially the stuff off of the original Garage days Re-revisited)

Figures. The only thing Metallica can do well now is cover other peoples stuff.

Sure hope they are getting permission and paying those royalties.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Isn't Dope's "Right Round" a cover of someone? Either way that song is cool.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Led zeppelinís no quarter cover by tool is awesome.

goin big...yes an 80s band whose name is totally escaping me but i'm picturing thr videa too...
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

The prince!! but Heatfields voice is so boring and straight.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

guns and roses - live and let die

damn good cover !!!!

Metallica - imperial march

boo yeah
    Anything is possible, just most likely improbable

'' If I cant be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself '' - Busta Rhymes