Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Lower pec exercise

  1. #1
    Gaining Size WaNNaB3Bigg3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England, London
    Posts
    149

    Lower pec exercise

    Hi guys

    I'm looking for a good movement for the underneath of the pec. At the moment I'm doing flat/incline bench with barbell and dumbells.
    Which movement is good for targeting the lower pec?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Eat big. Sleep big. Lift big. Get big.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    oh the north country!
    Posts
    191
    Put some more variety in your chest workout. Maybe try some lying pullovers, machine flies, hammer strength chest presses, etc. Just be creative and beat that chest up! Hell, when I first started out, I didn't have a chest at ALL. Also, make sure you are lifting light enough to REALLY emphasize the chest properly. More weight isn't always better imo.

  3. #3
    Gaining Size WaNNaB3Bigg3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England, London
    Posts
    149
    Thanks for the input mate.
    Eat big. Sleep big. Lift big. Get big.

  4. #4
    Senior Member RichMcGuire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by WaNNaB3Bigg3r View Post
    Hi guys

    I'm looking for a good movement for the underneath of the pec. At the moment I'm doing flat/incline bench with barbell and dumbells.
    Which movement is good for targeting the lower pec?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    There is no real "upper chest" or "lower chest". But for overall development, I've always liked low incline dumbell presses.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

    Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

    Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

  5. #5
    Soilwork addict.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida
    Posts
    439
    Properly executed weighted dips are a great movement for the chest in my humble opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheBeach View Post
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.
    18% BF down from 25%+ since April. Halfway to abs.

    Current 1200+ gym total. 214 lbs 5'10.5" 36.5" waist.

    Working on correcting some imbalances at the moment.

  6. #6
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,677
    Can you tell me a bit more about exactly what you are trying to achieve?


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  7. #7
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    Properly executed weighted dips are a great movement for the chest in my humble opinion.
    Yes, I agree with dips being an excellent chest builder.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  8. #8
    Gaining Size WaNNaB3Bigg3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England, London
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Can you tell me a bit more about exactly what you are trying to achieve?
    Well my upper pec going towards my armpit is more solid and shaped then the lower part of my pec, I want to help shape it.
    Sorry if that's hard to understand.
    Eat big. Sleep big. Lift big. Get big.

  9. #9
    Soilwork addict.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by WaNNaB3Bigg3r View Post
    Well my upper pec going towards my armpit is more solid and shaped then the lower part of my pec, I want to help shape it.
    Sorry if that's hard to understand.
    Thats because fat tends to be carried there in humans. You will have to drop body fat to see more definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheBeach View Post
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.
    18% BF down from 25%+ since April. Halfway to abs.

    Current 1200+ gym total. 214 lbs 5'10.5" 36.5" waist.

    Working on correcting some imbalances at the moment.

  10. #10
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    Thats because fat tends to be carried there in humans. You will have to drop body fat to see more definition.
    Right. Exactly what I was thinking.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  11. #11
    Gaining Size WaNNaB3Bigg3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England, London
    Posts
    149
    Ok thanks guys, guess I will see more development when I cut.
    Eat big. Sleep big. Lift big. Get big.

  12. #12
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by WaNNaB3Bigg3r View Post
    Ok thanks guys, guess I will see more development when I cut.
    Changing your training won't really do much for it. Cutting body fat will.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Similar Threads

  1. Help. Lower pec.
    By KMcNeil in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 07:22 AM
  2. lower intensity exercise
    By Corey170 in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 01:38 AM
  3. Best lower back exercise ever
    By BFGUITAR in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 04:55 PM
  4. what to do for lower/outside pec
    By workinlife1234 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 01:36 AM
  5. decline barbell or dumbell for lower pec size?
    By thamax in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 10:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •