Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hand-over-hand rope pull

  1. #1
    ʞǝudopnpǝ LoneJeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth, mostly.
    Posts
    227

    Hand-over-hand rope pull

    Gang,

    What can I do to simulate a hand-over-hand rope pull?

    I can probably rig something up and pull the jeep around, what's the preferred diameter? I assume it's regular manilla rope, typically.

    Thoughts?
    6'3" 270#
    Deadlift 505x2 8/1/2010
    Squat 435x1 7/13/2010
    Bench Press 325x1 8/12/2010

  2. #2
    Fear The Beard. Hobo Beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneJeeper View Post
    Gang,

    What can I do to simulate a hand-over-hand rope pull?

    I can probably rig something up and pull the jeep around, what's the preferred diameter? I assume it's regular manilla rope, typically.

    Thoughts?
    I've used the sled before with normal rope.

    Using your Jeep is probably better, but I mention this as an alternative because you might have a time when you are training alone.
    My monkey arms will not stop me from benching 500#!

  3. #3
    ʞǝudopnpǝ LoneJeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth, mostly.
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Beard View Post
    I've used the sled before with normal rope.

    Using your Jeep is probably better, but I mention this as an alternative because you might have a time when you are training alone.
    I don't have access to a sled. I'd build one, but I don't have access to pavement either
    6'3" 270#
    Deadlift 505x2 8/1/2010
    Squat 435x1 7/13/2010
    Bench Press 325x1 8/12/2010

  4. #4
    Senior Member barryisawinnah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    736
    you can use a sled on grass, makes it tougher to pull actually.

    I've used 2" manila rope, because that is what I have. Worked fine, but im sure smaller diameter rope would work too.

  5. #5
    I Wanna Taco johnnyo_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,172
    Get 25 ft of 1.5" manilla rope from mcmaster Carr and build a sled out of an old tire, enjoy!
    Last edited by johnnyo_99; 04-23-2011 at 09:04 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member barryisawinnah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    736
    check ebay for rope, sometimes you can find some steals

  7. #7
    Fear The Beard. Hobo Beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneJeeper View Post
    I don't have access to a sled. I'd build one, but I don't have access to pavement either
    My friend built me a tire sled with a few pieces of hardware.

    Let me know if you want the specs.
    My monkey arms will not stop me from benching 500#!

Similar Threads

  1. Hi all - Could do with a hand :)
    By smoove. in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 04:02 PM
  2. Hnaging Leg Raises-can u go to high?
    By twinturbo in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2001, 12:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •