Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Carb Cycling diet

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    I went through the same thing, the first 4-6 weeks of my 16 week cut were great. I was hitting PR's felt strong, was losing ~2 pounds a week. Then it seemed like wham right after the 8 week my strength completely tanked. I think you should keep it slow and steady, 1 pound a week really is enough imo if you're really concerned about strength.

However, I was doing fasted AM cardio 7 days a week as well....another note, strength loss could be a loss of leverage as opposed to lost muscle mass.

When my weight loss stagnated, Shelby cut me back from 2 high days a week to 1 high day, replacing the 2nd with a medium day. That started my fat loss right up again. Might be worth a shot.
    Yes that's true about the leverages. Right now it seems my loss has stagnated...I might make an adjustment and just put my high days on leg days. Right now I am running 2 high days per week but some weeks I have two upper body sessions and only 1 leg. If I just do it on leg days, some weeks will only have one high carb day. Maybe that will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    I have been dieting for 19 weeks now and im still setting squat PR's. My bench stalled pretty much, but i feel its due to the leverage loss because of a smaller stomach. Strength isnt going up as fast as on a bulk, but it does seem to increase. I havent made any calorie adjustments over the 19 week period, only included a once a week carb refeed and switched some meals from P+C to P+F. Im taking it slow and loosing at around 1lbs a week.

A significant loss in strength isnt acceptable for me really and because i am not doing a show or something of that kind, i am taking my time.

Keep up the work Mike. Losses on the scale are not as important as progress mirror/picture wise. Stay patient and make adjustments after you have been stagnant for several weeks.
    Thanks dude...19 weeks of dieting, wow. that is dedication.
    Last edited by mchicia1; 05-12-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Well I found a pic of a guy who represents exactly what I want to achieve....

Not sure if hes natty or not, but 6'5" 225 pounds at 8% body fat.

If I could look like that, I would be satisfied.
    Didn't that guy used to post on here? I don't think he was natty.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Banned
    Still dieting guys...

Morning weight was 226.8. That is a 7 pound drop since I started cycling and an almost 20 pound drop since I started dieting over 2 months ago. I wish I had pics of the 245...they must have been bad.

LuNa
    Keep it up dude! 20 lbs is great progress. How much do you expect you still have to loose?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Keep it up dude! 20 lbs is great progress. How much do you expect you still have to loose?
    Well, I am at the awkward stage....

Never dieted before, but read somewhere that you go through a couple awkward stages until you finally look good. Right now I am at the halfway point it seems...obvious fat loss, but still the muscles aren't popping...so I just look kind of skinny fat...muscles aren't really standing out yet. Once the diet is complete, apparently I will actually look bigger than when I started.

Will prob take some progression pics tonight to compare to the initial pics. I am blessed with the ability to lose weight/fat fairly easily with zero cardio, I also seem to gain weight pretty easily when I want to. I still consider myself an ecto though .

Banned
    I am seeing a gigantic difference from the first shots now, especially in my back!

Last edited by mchicia1; 05-19-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Banned
    Still going strong here....haven't changed a thing in the diet, but did add one extra workout a week...

Weight is down to 223.5. Progress pics tomorrow probably.
    Last edited by mchicia1; 05-27-2011 at 07:33 AM.

keep it up. nice work...
    I am not "the" Bo Jackson, i just stole his name.....
    6'1 230
    Squat 555 - belt only
    Bench 340 - raw(11.3.11)
    DL 540 - belt only
    "Dont confuse activity with progress." - Gene Stallings
    My Log - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...35550-Bo-s-Log

Banned
    Ok guys, updated pics. Slightly flexed, not really trying to pull a muscle or something LOL. I am a BAD poser, never worked on it and the wife had to go somewhere, so these are a bit rushed but here they are. Pretty significant difference I think from the starting pics. I think if I was better at posing, it would be a bigger difference.

Bodyweight this morning was 221...down from 235 since the end of April....down a total 23 pounds since the end of March when I dropped dirty foods (245 then). Lifts are still gaining week to week, albeit at a slower pace (except for deads/squats, which are increasing at a faster rate believe it or not).

Last edited by mchicia1; 06-08-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Looking a hell of a lot leaner around that midsection now! Great progress.
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzyG View Post
    Looking a hell of a lot leaner around that midsection now! Great progress.
    Thank you sir . That Shelby Starnes book was well worth the 15 bucks.

Good progress so far. You look great for being so tall. Would never guess 6' 5" by looking at your pics, which is a good thing.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Good progress so far. You look great for being so tall. Would never guess 6' 5" by looking at your pics, which is a good thing.
    I am lucky in that I am all legs, so I can still have a normal looking upper body (minus the long arms). At the end of the cut, ill take some full length shots so you can see how absurdly leg biased I am.

You are definitely getting there man. Great job with your carb cycling and weight loss. I would recommend tanning and what is your goal in the end?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
    You are definitely getting there man. Great job with your carb cycling and weight loss. I would recommend tanning and what is your goal in the end?
    Thanks..

Ultimate goal is 245 at 10% at one point in my life. I am not really sure what the goal with this cut is, I just wanted to get rid of my protruding stomach and see more definition in my arms/abs.