The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Banned

My Carb Cycling diet

Well, little background first...

I came on this forum 3 years ago or so and was skinny as a rail. I was about 180 pounds and at 6'5" with no muscle this wasn't pretty. Most on here said just squat and eat everything in sight...well I took that advice literally and gained all the way up to 245 and I made the 3/4/5 plate goal that I set for myself.

About two weeks ago, I was mowing the lawn shirtless because it was pretty hot out and I noticed that every step I took, I could feel my stomach bouncing and drooping. On top of that, my wife noticed it too as she peaked out the window to look at me. Not good!

So, I basically freaked out and went low carb for two weeks and I got all the way down to 233. Obviously way too drastic a change and my gym energy was non-existent. This motivated me to buy the lean gains book by Shelby Starnes..and here I am today.

I am two days into the diet..so far I have had just one low day and one high day. The diet will consist of two high days per week, one medium day, and four low days.

Since my weight will fluctuate daily, I will have to take pics to track progress. I will do this every week or two on a high carb day.

Here are the first pics...go easy on me . I am putting these here because it will motivate me to stick with the diet. Plus I want to help others in case this diet actually works out for me.

FRONT AND BACK FLEXED

You can see the potential for me being lean right? I SEE IT! This is motivation.

FRONT AND BACK - FAT AS FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is also motivation because relaxed i look like one piece of lard.

Note the depressed face LOL.

Here are my low, medium, and high carb days..Adapted directly from lean gains.

Last edited by mchicia1; 04-28-2011 at 01:30 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!