Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 240 Here I come. Finally A Journal I'll Keep

240 Here I come. Finally A Journal I'll Keep

Well, I'm finally going to keep a consistent journal. I made one other attempt, but I got busy with contest prep and neglected it. So this journal should atleast take me up through the end of march. Basically, I'm working my way towards 240 pounds by the end of January. Bodyfat I'm not concerned about, because it's yet to become an issue. It'll actually be kind of cool if I get fat, to see how people treat me and such, since I've always been a skinny bastard.

Currently I'm 193 pounds. I'm not sure as to my bodyfat, I believe I'm under 9% at the moment. Also, I'm looking to gain approximately 2.5 pounds per week. My diet will basically consist of plenty of shakes (protein/weightgainer,) potatoes/yams, brown rice, steak, and more steak for me, and the occaisional fruit. Most likely, I won't be keep track of my diet in here, it will strictly be training. Hopefully all will go well.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Glad your keeping a journal again.....it will be interesting following your growth. IMO, I think you need to gain that weight over a longer period of time, but who am I to tell you what to do LOL. Be careful not to get those ugly stretch marks that folks get when they gain quickly like that. Good luck Chase.
    peace-

Craig

No offense big guy but if you want to be 240 at a decent bf it's gonna take more than 5 months. That equates to 9.4 pounds per month and 2.3 pounds per week. I believe.

Not to take away from your goal because you do have a great building block from which you can work with. I'll be very envious to say the least if you do accomplish your goal.
    All the best and I'll make sureto keep up with your journal.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Tuesday; 8-20-02

Sleep: 8 Hours.

Back

Bent over BB rows
    135x12, 225x8, 235x8, 250x6, 225x8, 225x8

Close grip Pulldowns
    200x8, then drop set of: 250x5, 200x5, 150x5, 100x5

Conventional Deadlift
    225x3, 315x1, 435x5 (Done with chalk and...a belt )

Shrugs on Flex Dorsi Flexor Machine
    330x12, 330x12

Hammerstrength Shrug
    3 plates a sidex15 reps for 2 sets.

Overall a decent workout, I'm still taking it easy on the deadlifts until my BF gets a little higher.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    No offense big guy but if you want to be 240 at a decent bf it's gonna take more than 5 months. That equates to 9.4 pounds per month and 2.3 pounds per week. I believe.

Not to take away from your goal because you do have a great building block from which you can work with. I'll be very envious to say the least if you do accomplish your goal.
    All the best and I'll make sureto keep up with your journal.
    Well, like i said, bf is not an issue. I'll let it go until about 25 percent. And I do plan on doing 2.5 pounds per week. Generally 10 pounds a month, up until the end of January.

I like the workout. What style you doing those BB rows in?
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

You can be a fatty like me!

Maki, he said he didn't care about his bf%. If so, he can do it if he really wants to. I will tell you this Chasey, eating in the way it will take to gain that much weight will be creating a bad habit which will stay with you if you are not careful. You should take some before pics, and then chronicle your gain it weight with pics.

Rows are overhand, my grip is about 2 inches into the rough stuff. I'm bent over in a manner such as a deadlift where the bar would be slightly below my knees and I pull it up them to my waist.

S'how I do em.

Chase, I'd be worried about the same thing. You can get addicted to bulking. And cutting from 25%, you might lose a sh*tload of muscle if you stay natty. A lean 220 would be more impressive than a fat 240. But hey, go for it.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Originally posted by chris mason

Maki, he said he didn't care about his bf%. If so, he can do it if he really wants to. I will tell you this Chasey, eating in the way it will take to gain that much weight will be creating a bad habit which will stay with you if you are not careful. You should take some before pics, and then chronicle your gain it weight with pics.
    Yeah! I'm lookin forward to joining the fatty club. But I do believe that's a great idea as far as the pictures go. I'll definately do that. I understand I will be creating a bad habbit, which will probably be very difficult to fall out of immediately. But I do plan on starting a very strict contest diet afterwards, which may last 6 months up until my next show which may be late June or early July. The length of my diet will be determined by how much bodyfat I have accumulated obviously.

If 6 months of hardcore dieting doesn't drive me insane, then I think I can keep muscle loss to a minimum. I want to compete in teen nationals next year badly, and I'm focused like never before.

Originally posted by chris mason

*** I personally don't think it can be done.
    I'd like him to prove me wrong. I'm not being a jack ass I just don't think it's possible. You can't force growth upon the body.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Technically, you can... Good luck.

Thanks heath! And I sure hope I can prove Maki wrong
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 08-20-2002 at 10:38 PM.

Motivation
    Attached Images Attached Images

Makes me cringe everytime I think about that assface beating me

Might I add, that has nothing to do with me thinking I look better than him, I just don't like to lose
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 08-21-2002 at 05:13 PM.

How much did the 'assface' weigh?
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Bent over BB rows
    135x12, 225x8, 235x8, 250x6, 225x8, 225x8
    Nice rowing strength BCC. Keep up the journal man like to see how strong you are on some exercises. When do you turn 18 man? Youre a year younger than I am - crazy strength and physique.

I'll turn 18 on June 29th. So I've still got a while.

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    How much did the 'assface' weigh?
    Believe it or not, he was over 200 pounds. He actually won the novice heavyweight portion of the contest. How? I don't know. And he ended up winning heavyweights at teen nationals. But he was almost 3 years older than me.

Maybe the dude just had puffy nips. I have them and I haven't touched any steroids. I think the guy that goes by KenShamrock on here had pretty low bodyfat with the same thing.

I don't really doubt that he had taken them, but realize that I've met like 20 people so far with the same puffy nipple crap. He is an assface though.

Wednesday; 8-21-02

Sleep: 8 Hours

Curl Jockey Day (Biceps and Forearms)

Standing Alternated DB Curls
    45x5, 40x6

Standing EZ Bar Curl
    75x8, 65x8

Old Nautilus Bicep Curl, Single Arm
    Forced reps 100x8, drop to 40x20 reps. Done once on each arm.

Forearms

Behind the back standing wrist curls

Reverse Wrist Curls

(3 Sets of each for forearms)

Good luck on your bulking cycle BigC !

check out the section about Gaining Mass on this link it may help you...

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/...rogress-02.htm

Great article LAM!

Re: 240 Here I come. Finally A Journal I'll Keep

Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
    It'll actually be kind of cool if I get fat...
    BigChaseyChase = FatChaseyChase?....LOL

I hope you kick assface's ass if you ever compete against him again.

Best of Luck Man.