Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33

Thread: raw bench program...i need one..

  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Here's a friendly challenge...post a vid of you doing 350-370 or whatever your max is.
    What, you don't believe me? Or is a like a friendly competition thing you were implying?

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Morrisville,PA
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon63 View Post
    What, you don't believe me? Or is a like a friendly competition thing you were implying?
    I don't believe you. OP has gotten great advice from 500+ pound benchers...he is obviously in the powerlifting forum asking advice on how to increase his 1RM, then he gets advice to put 225 on the bar and do a bunch of reps to increase his 1RM.

    There is not 1 successful bencher who will do a routine that you suggested to bring up their 1RM for a meet, or otherwise.

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    I don't believe you. OP has gotten great advice from 500+ pound benchers...he is obviously in the powerlifting forum asking advice on how to increase his 1RM, then he gets advice to put 225 on the bar and do a bunch of reps to increase his 1RM.

    There is not 1 successful bencher who will do a routine that you suggested to bring up their 1RM for a meet, or otherwise.
    Well, no need to believe me. My routine (that breaks many weightlifting rules), works for me, and I'm pretty happy with my strength gains at only 18. And I'm not saying any advice on here is wrong, because it's probably not, but benching 500 pounds doesn't mean that you know more or less about lifting than someone else. Just saying what works for me, whether you believe me or not. Take it or leave it.

  4. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Morrisville,PA
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon63 View Post
    Well, no need to believe me. My routine (that breaks many weightlifting rules), works for me, and I'm pretty happy with my strength gains at only 18. And I'm not saying any advice on here is wrong, because it's probably not, but benching 500 pounds doesn't mean that you know more or less about lifting than someone else. Just saying what works for me, whether you believe me or not. Take it or leave it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon63 View Post
    but I've been gaining 5 pounds on my max every 2-4 days,.
    So you are bringing 225 to failure and post failure with forced reps, then you are testing your 1 rep max every 2-4 days and it is going up 5 pounds.

    You made this same comment a couple of weeks ago...so is your max 20 pounds higher already?

  5. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    So you are bringing 225 to failure and post failure with forced reps, then you are testing your 1 rep max every 2-4 days and it is going up 5 pounds.

    You made this same comment a couple of weeks ago...so is your max 20 pounds higher already?
    Like I said, you don't have to believe me. Obviously that's a rhetorical question, so I'm not gonna even bother answering that.

  6. #31
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon63 View Post
    benching 500 pounds doesn't mean that you know more or less about lifting than someone else.
    Seriously? Please stop while you are ahead.

    Guys, either help the OP, or move it to chit-chat.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  7. #32
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25
    use blocks great way to grow.

    current bench 320lb

  8. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chiefland, Florida
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    For my first 600 I started my training cycle with 185 for DE work. I added weight little by little, after sets 3 and 6. By the time the meet came over the 16 week training cycle I was using 365 for DE. I am working on a three week wave system for DE currently. Upon completion I am going to try and put something concrete together for the masses.
    I would definitely be interested in seeing what you come up with.
    5'6" @ 210 lbs
    Best RAW lifts squat 385- bench 400x2 reps- DL 395
    Single Ply Bench 535
    Sigle Ply Squat 505

Similar Threads

  1. Bench Press Raw Competitor guideline for 1st Bench Shirt
    By Niko_El_Piko in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 11:59 PM
  2. decline bench for RAW bench strength?
    By JSully in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 09:14 PM
  3. Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 RAW training program
    By Keith in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 08:40 PM
  4. Dizenzo's raw program: incline = delt killer
    By jtteg_x in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 11:04 PM
  5. Raw Bench?
    By JLGoins41 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 08:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •