Thread: I might get thrown out of school.

decease, RIP

I might get thrown out of school.

probably not, but I don't know what will happen.

We (me and 3 other guys) have done this project, finished it last week with a presentation etc. It went pretty good, the examiner also had a 10min oral exam with each of us to see that everyone understood what we had done and that everyone had done something. I was real happy it was finally over. I really need to pass it in order to get sufficient grades to move on to the next year.

Today I get an icq message from one of the guys telling me to call him NOW! So I call, he asks if I have checked my mail. I say no and precedes to check it. It basically says: The project you presentet here is almost identical to one two of the guys presentet at another course in a different school (we can take courses at different schools, its the same uni). Of course you can not pass the course and there will be an investigation and disciplinary actions might be taken agains you. There will be a meeting were you will be allowed to tell your story.... 'All your base are belong to us'

This is fucked up, we should have told them they were taking a similar course at the same time, other then that we did nothing wrong imo. ****. The goal of the project was to use what we learnt in the courses taken this fall and apply them to this project. It's like saying no you can't use + - * / in this math course you didn't learn that in this course, know what I mean? That is one of the argument we will be using also that this project was much bigger thet what was even needed for an A on the other course. It sounded like we all are screwed and the only thing we can effect are the disciplinary actions. What I think will happen is we will have to do a new one during the summer, should take about a week looking at the crap the other groups did.
    big.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    In the meeting... all you need to do is say this:

Someone set up us the bomb

What you say?

move zig

take off every zig

main screen turn on

its you

After spewing that, voice trembling with hate and vitriol, you will need no more explanation or inquiry. Everything will be coooool whip, baby.

Mmmmmm...strawberries...

Budiak, you can no longer kill zombies at dawn, its just too weird, at least wait til the afternoon when you can have your cornflakes and watch "i love lucy" reruns *snicker*
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

That sucks big, i hope it gets straightened out for you, damn universities
    Last edited by Pup; 05-23-2002 at 05:35 AM.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

That sucks
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

decease, RIP
    yea. If the meeting goes bad I will sell them out to save myself... which they will find out but I wont be in the same uni as them the next year. But still, I have always taken the fall rather then selling someone out.
    big.

that sucks man, if you are going to pull a swift one, make sure they dont try to d-ck you over as well.
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

decease, RIP
    oh well these things tend to work out in the end....
    Last edited by big; 05-23-2002 at 07:36 AM.
    big.

so did you rip off the project from the other guys or not??

anyways....you're pretty much fucked...hehehehe good luck dude!

Banned
    Is there a specific rule against re-using project material? Does it say so in the university guidelines/handbook/etc?

The other guys that presented the same project, these were the same guys in YOUR group right? So clearly the work was DONE by the same people, it was just re-used. This makes it better on you guys, I should think.

In that situation, if the guys that re-used it in the other course didn't tell you that they were going to, then THEY were in the wrong and they shouldn't have done it. If it was done with all knowledge and consent, then IMHO the best way to proceed would be to claim it was an honest mistake (we didn't know we couldn't do that!) and VOLUNTEER to create a new project in the summer.

It may be different in Sweden, but in the past when i ran into academic problems, I was both honest, and also knew how to play the system. A combination of the two is usually best.

Cal

decease, RIP
    yea same guys used almost the same thing for two courses, which I dont think is very bad. My problem is: if they used the same code from the other project what have I been doing during the project.
    big.

decease, RIP
    the thing is when we started the project I said I think we should do this(there were a couple of projects to chose from, or you could make your own) they said no we have everything planed out and explained it. What the **** am I suppose to say? no I rather sit at home doing this **** for 5 weeks.

Anyway this whole thing is just embarrassing, it would have been better if we just sucked and didn't pass.
    Last edited by big; 05-23-2002 at 09:12 AM.
    big.

Dead Sexy Member
    You all have to be united....otherwise you all go down.