The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

2011 NPC Junior USA

Heres the results from this weekend's big event.

This is the superheavy class, Audrius Jegelevicius won it all (the big ugly white guy). The guy on the far right, Dan Newmire took 2nd. I might be biased towards Dan since he used to post on one of my forums (real cool guy) but I think he has one of the most complete all around physiques. Great symmetry.

Rear lat

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Not a fan of this physique in the slightest...

With a little better conditioning, Dan could take it imo...

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

ah, I went to start a thread on this earlier today but my computer died. I don't like the super's build. I remember him from winning a local show a couple years back. Guy is a monster, but probably a top 10 physique at the big national shows.

The guy I liked was the heavy, but he was water looking. Shape is killer though.

My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

The other thing that dissapointed me was a guy with terrible gyno winning his class. I don't care what the rest of your physique looks like, you should be marked down huge for something like that.

My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    The other thing that dissapointed me was a guy with terrible gyno winning his class. I don't care what the rest of your physique looks like, you should be marked down huge for something like that.

I agree completely. Thats freaking horrible. His frown and goatee should have knocked him down on points as well.

This is who took second to gyno man here. Shelby prepped him. He just needs a little more size.

Would it kill for people to smile? I'll never understand why folks don't.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Banned
    something about audrius' physique is kind of grotesque looking... certainly big... looks like he has a slight umbilical hernia? good delts tho

agrd, dan has a great build

Audrius may not have great flow, but he was jacked with tons of muscle and great conditioning.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

You guys are just hating on the sweet ponytail!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

I was at the contest this weekend and overall the judging was not great, especially for the women. Obviously at that level there is always some politics involved but some winners and top 5 placings were ridiculous. I mean The chairman of NPC in Texas, Lee Thompson, who heads the Jr USA was accused of sexual harassment. We don't need people like this in our industry. I also think they truly need to take time to truly judge everyone. It basically looked like as soon as they walked on stage they knew who was top 5. I know its long but everyone works hard to b there and should get a good look.

The superheavy did win with conditioning and size, which isn't a normal combo. Even though I think Dan was more aesthetically pleasing. The light-heavy class should had gone to shelby's guy even though he was a bit smaller he had a better overall package. I will b goin to Jr. Nationals in 4 weeks where I have a client competing and a show I think is ran well.

Yeah, the politics in bodybuilding have always been a real negative of the sport making it less of a sport and more of a business (blame the Weiders - they really took the practice to a new level).

Audrius

I've competed with Audrius two times now, most recently at the 2011 NPC Metropolitans. He always shows up with no color, no tan, and just walks on stage. I cant believe he gets away with that. But the man's back is unreal. Never seen such developed lats in my life. When ever I do a back workout I picture his lats in my head.
    He is a very humble guy though. Got to respect him for that. He'll need to grow his legs if he wants to move up the ranks more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZAR-FIT; 05-22-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Banned
    wow that lat shot is pretty wild