Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting from Scratch

Hybrid View

Starting from Scratch

I'm pretty much a newbie to the iron game (started about when I joined this site). I'm an engineer and a med student, but I love sports, all kinds of sports. I'm in it because I love it, I don't have the genes either to bodybuild or powerlift, but I still go in and train hard every week. I started training with a typical bodybuilding split, then turned to starting strength which I really liked, tried texas method but never looked forward to going to the gym when I did it so I dropped it quickly, then went for an upper/lower split, which I love.

This year was terrible compared to last year though. I had the time of my life in Prague, but I got badly injured (shoulder and back), detrained almost completely and got really sick a few times ( mono once, gastro once). I've been rehabbing since I've been back and trying out new stuff, I'm getting a feel for what works for me and keeps me healthy. Don't have much to offer the forum outside my knowledge of biology, but I hope I can one day have pics/strength to share.

My stats:

5'10
    165lbs, started as a really small phaggot, (pics in the next posts), still am really skinny.
    15+%bf I guess, always higher than we think hehe.

I don't have huge goals.

For the summer, I want to cut (I realize how skinny I am) because I want to learn the discipline of dieting.
    I'd like to make strength gains during my cut. Strength gains don't come easy to me (neither do size gains), but I don't care. I just want to make progress, however small, every time I go to the gym. If I gain only 20lbs on my bench in 1 year, I honestly can say I don't care that much. Over 10 years that's 200lbs hehe. I train because it's one of the most enjoyable things I've done and do in my life (for all the partying, travelling in 20 different countries, sleeping around, night outs, etc. my little experience in training still ranks at the top). It's crazy how much I love planning workouts, thinking of new ways to get better, etc.
    For the year, i want to go through bulking and cutting periods. Learning how to properly gaining mass (but not too much) and cutting the fat during the summer.
    I'd like to get to a 405lbs deadlift. It's not a huge deal in the strength world, but to me, with my lower back and my total lack of sports experience before I started lifting, it is.
    I'd like to find what I respond to in training: the right volume/rest. I like to do a lot of volume and a lot of work, it might be hurting my progress, so I'll try both a cycle of high volume, and a cycle of lowered volume.
    And basically, I just want to be athletic and strong, my program reflects that I think. Maybe in the long term I'll do a powerlifting meet, we'll see.

Outside the gym, I hope I become passionate about my future career as a doctor. I can already feel it'll be the case though as I've loved my pre-med classes up to now. I want to continue travelling, do some humanitarian work (mostly to visit exotic countries, I'm not delluded into thinking I can make a difference lol, though I'll try), continue having friends, dunk a basketball (can almost jump to rim level), do a backflip, learn to breakdance LOL, learn a few languages, maybe settle down with someone for real this time, almost did before I came back to Canada.
    Last edited by K-R-M; 08-02-2011 at 12:02 AM.

My diet:

Breakfast

250 ml Milk
    1 scoop Protein powder
    2 Eggs
    1 serving Spaghetti whole wheat
    2 TBS low fat Parmesan

250 ml Milk
    1 scoop Protein powder
    Fiber One 14 0 6 1

150 g EL ground beef (3 oz 20g protein, 10g fat)
    TBS Olive Oil
    Algea

150g EL Ground Beef
    TBS Olive Oil
    Brocoli

1 chicken breast
    TBS Peanut butter
    Fish Oil
    Sauce

TOTAL: 2000
    80gs fat
    120gs carbs
    200gs protein

Here's a pic of a huge 120lbs or so of myself.
    Then, me at 165lbs, back shot.
    About 1 year difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K-R-M; 08-02-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Tried a Smolov cycle, really helped my front squat. I was doing 185lbs times 1 coming back from Prague (HORRIBLE condition/strength/fat gain). Got 225lbs x 3, pretty happy about that. Doing some shoulder rehab as well

Now, will go back to an upper/lower split. Some speed, strength, hypertrophy work. Will decide on goals when I stop my cut. For now, just get into shape for when school starts.
    Last edited by K-R-M; 08-02-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Training today was real easy. Just squat technique work, deadlift technique work.
    Last edited by K-R-M; 08-01-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Small update.

Training going well considering the calorie deficit. Hit a wall in my cut, so cut down on the calories even more. Honestly, I'm pretty damn skinny right now and don't have good ab genetics, but I figure it'll get better as I gain mass. Will continue for 4 weeks still (been 8 weeks now) and I'll be happy. Lost about 12lbs, didn't lose strength (gained a LOT actually, compared to where I was coming back to Canada).

Two vids of recent training:

Video

This was 405 on 4.75". Had more, but had trained too much lately and my hips were shot from doing crossfit stuff the day before (not into crossfit btw, but some friends are).

Training for today, helped out a friend with his squat form, so my training went from about 1h15 to I don't know how long.

Warm up:
    Glute ham raises
    3 x 10 x BW

Training:
    Front squats
    7 x 5 x 170lbs

Sumo rack pulls (a bit less than 3 inches)
    warm up
    1 x 315
    1 x 365
    Fail twice @ 405 (thought I had it, will attempt 385 next week)
    1 x 315 (felt like the heaviest 315 of all time lol)
    was destroyed after those two 405 attempts

SSB squats (never tried these, was still destroyed from deadlifts)
    3 x 5 x bar+1pps (got up to 2pps but reps felt heavy)
    Liked this a lot, I'm going to add them, but I can't see myself dropping front squats, we'll see how I'll add these. Maybe just 2-3 sets of high reps.

Glute bridges (from Contreras, first time trying these)
    2 x 12 x 225
    wow, good exercise, never felt glutes like this

Back ext:
    Lots of reps with some weight behind my back.

Abs

Video

I weight 152lbs now LOL at 5'10". Jesus.

Reduced fat for calories. Will see how it goes this week, if I don't see notable improvement, will go to overdrive for three weeks and remove carbs for breakfast. Training will take a hit though I'm sure, will add in refeeds.
    Last edited by K-R-M; 08-02-2011 at 12:55 AM.

House Lannister
    Nice pulls. I was laughing at the jazzercise going on behind you in the second vid.

Be careful with dropping calories after coming to a stall. I never dropped my calories below 2500 on my cut, down from 4000 while bulking. I'd look into refeeds instead of just cutting calories right away.

If you start a thread in the diet section I'm sure Behemoth would help you out pretty quickly. Dude knows how to diet and I attribute all of my success last cut to his advice.

Where are your calories at now? Are you tracking calories via measuring cups/scale?

The way Rory looks at things and the way I look at them too is that cutting is all about losing weight at the SLOWEST rate you can accept in order to keep your hard-earned size.

So, you don't want to drop your calories by a 1500 right off the bat. 500-750 is probably best. You also DON"T want to start cardio right away (if you're already somewhat lean). You only want to add cardio/cut calories when the scale hasn't budged for a while. That could be a week or a week and a half, it just depends.

The refeeds help kick up your metabolism and let your body know that you're not, in fact, starving. I did two refeeds during my cut and within a week there was a definite, noticeable loss of fat, both visually evident and evident on the scale.

No man, ex-concert pianist.

AM: morning fasted cardio, just 20 minutes of biking, this is my first time doing this. Felt good man. Will work up to 40 minutes abuot 5 times a week.
    Morning weight: 68.5kg

First session of the new training cycle, been reading a lot on hypertrophy lately. More emphasis on time under tension, eccentric control and form. Tried some rest pausing today, fucking loved it, workout took less time and I really felt the work. Would love to do DC down the line, so I got 5 years to learn how to train.

Upper body training.
    1st session of bench routine:
    4 x 7 x 145
    DB bench
    8 x 75lbs
    5 x 75
    60lbs 14RP

Tri ext.s
    25RP 27.5lbs

DB cheat rows no straps
    2 x 12 x 100lbs

Seated cable rows
    17RP @ 135lbs

Side and rear delt raises
    reps
    Abs pulldowns
    Reps

Ended by doing a Tabata on the way back home. I ride my bike back, so it gives me transportation + good HIIT workout hehe.

Got some Yohimbine HCL by mail, illegal in Canada .
    Last edited by K-R-M; 08-03-2011 at 03:43 PM.

House Lannister
    Nice work. DB pressing is awesome for chest. Better than barbell benching by far.

What's the split look like now?

One thing I will say is that dumbbell rows are WAY more effective if you move them back and up near your hip/oblique instead of to the shoulder/chest. You'll feel it way more in your lats doing it that way.

Kinda like that, although I am way more explosive on the positive portion of the lift.

Luke
    That's a lotttta reps, son.

Had a small workout at the YMCA yesterday. Not sure if I'll ever go there. My usual gym is no nonesense, everyone (or almost) lifts well. Lots of big guys, strongest powerlifter in the province + best up and coming bber in Canada.

AM cardio - took Yohimbine HCL for first time @ 3mg, no sides.

Upper body day - light week - first week of cycle
    Incline bench
    4 x 8 x 135
    Strict DB row from ground, reset each rep (all benches were taken)
    10 x 95lbs
    Seated DB press
    10 x 45lbs
    9 x 45
    8 x 45
    6 x 45
    BB tri ext, slow concentric
    12 x 80lbs
    12 x 80lbs
    did a rest pause her ebut didn't note reps
    [At this point I had 0 energy or strength left]
    BB rows
    reps @ 135, was complete shit
    Lat pulldowns
    shit
    DB raises
    shit
    facepulls
    shit

Had 0 energy, felt bad, so I did a refeed for the day. Ate a bit more than a pound of chicken breast, 88gs of protein from beef jerky, 2 shakes, 4 small pitas, spaghetti, 2 bags of low fat popcorn, 1 cup of basmati rice, 2 pieces of chocolate fudge cake, a few glasses of milk, a glass of mango juice... felt good man.

Felt great today, slept 10 hours, upped the Yohimbine to 4,5mg, woke up 1.5kg heavier, took some pics below of my cut progress. Really happy with the cut progress, I was in horrible shape a few months ago and now I can see abdominal definition for the first time(got to go down real low in bf% to see them). This is my first cut, but I'll be doing them every summer from now on, 4 - 5 months instead of 2-3 next time as well. I feel for the first month or two I can still gain mass, and strength I can gain till the last month or two. For 151lbs @ 5'9 1/2", I think it's decent, with lots of room for improvement in the next year. This was the first time my training was focused on 1 objective (generally, it's all over the place, so is my diet), my next objective will be gaining mass, my program will reflect that this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodybob View Post
    That's a lotttta reps, son.
    Yeah man, one of my friends did over 30 reps at 2 plates, want to beat that. He did them touch N go though, so I can't wait to shove it in his face when I do 40 with a pause . I also feel they're very therapeutic for my lower back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

fat submariner
    A lot of good stuff going on in here man, keep up the good work!
    Age: 41 - Height: 5'10" - Weight: 197lb (NOT LEAN! (but maybe finally getting a little bit leaner?))

Squat: 180kg (396lb) x 2
    Front Squat: 100kg (220lb) 5 x 5
    Zercher Squat: 140kg (308lbs) x 1
    Bench Press: 110kg (242lb) x 1
    Deadlift: 220kg (484lb) x 1
    SLDL: 170kg (374lb) x 1

Mac's Journal

45 mins AM fasted cardio with 1,5mL @ 4.3mg/mL yohimbine.

Light Bench Press (that felt Heavy wtf)
    5 x 5 x 165

DB bench
    15RP @ 75lbs

T-bar row
    5 x 3 plates
    10 x 3 plates
    10 x 3 plates

Seated cable pull
    24RP @ 135lbs

Seated BB press
    13RP @ 95lbs

Weighted dips
    21RP @ 25lbs+BW

DB curls
    16RP@32.5lbs

20mins cardio PWO.

Bench press strength always goes doewn it seems when I'm not in a caloric surplus/maintenance. Shouldn't have felt heavy at all as my paused 1RM is 95kgs (about 210lbs). The workout was great though, I've really had a long streak of great workouts. Vascularity was out of this world today. I'm loving the rest pauses and the slow concentrics. My bulk will have less exercises than what I'm doing now, but I'm going to keep following the plan until I finish the cut. I'm doing a few tweaks to my diet, so good stuff coming up I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by macdaknife View Post
    A lot of good stuff going on in here man, keep up the good work!
    Thanks mac.
    Last edited by K-R-M; 08-10-2011 at 08:04 PM.

House Lannister
    4-5 weeks should be plenty. I wouldn't go much further than that, tbh. Hell, 3 weeks and you should be good.

I'd guess about 10% or so as your legs are very lean and you have solid ab definition. Would have to see lower back and hams to get a better idea. Best thing is to just go by the mirror and stop when you are happy.

My strength dipped a decent amount during my cut too, but I also was switching up my movements a lot, so who knows how much I really lost and how much was just neural retardation setting in on some of the bigger strength movements. It all bounces back very quickly with a calorie surplus, so I wouldn't worry.

5AM cardio, Yohimbine HCL 8,6mg, 45 minutes.

Morning weight after piss: 67,2kg!!! Holy shit I'm small right now loool.
    Lower body session
    Front squats
    5 x 7 x 180lbs
    Sumo deadlifts
    5 x 2225
    5 x 275
    5 x 295
    45 deg back raise
    3 x 12 x 90lbs (in front)
    45 side bend
    3 x 10 x 55lbs
    Leg to face
    18RP

Great training session again. This is by no means a PR on deadlifts, but I'm extatic about it for many reasons.
    1. Right after a big amount of volume on front squats.
    2. Been doing sumo deadlifts since 2 months or so seriously.
    3. I'm at something like 148lbs right now (vs 165lbs normally)
    4. Coming back, I was so fucked up I couldn't deadlift 95lbs for 1 rep without pain.
    5. Every rep paused
    6. Double overhand grip. Not hook grip.
    7. Caloric deficit (10 weeks in)
    8. Slept 3 hours, Renovated the house in the sun all day, went training at 9pm.

Very pleased with how things are going. I look forward to my bulk: I'll start a thread in the nutrition section first though to get some feedback on how to approach it. It'll be an 8 month plan with mini cycles. I think something along the lines of working the lower body like a powerlifter and the upper body like a bodybuilder.

One very important thing I noticed; my work capacity is waaaaaay up since I started doing cardio. Definitely feel very healthy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    4-5 weeks should be plenty. I wouldn't go much further than that, tbh. Hell, 3 weeks and you should be good.

I'd guess about 10% or so as your legs are very lean and you have solid ab definition. Would have to see lower back and hams to get a better idea. Best thing is to just go by the mirror and stop when you are happy.

My strength dipped a decent amount during my cut too, but I also was switching up my movements a lot, so who knows how much I really lost and how much was just neural retardation setting in on some of the bigger strength movements. It all bounces back very quickly with a calorie surplus, so I wouldn't worry.
    I'll check at the end of august, obviously I'll put some pics up. 10% seems to be about where I am right now, maybe lower to be honest. I'm actually already satisfied with how lean I am, I'm just continuing cause I want to push the limits.

My strength hasn't really dipped to be honest. It's been going up if anything. Only the bench press (not even the incline) gives me trouble. Where you at right now? Bulking or cutting?

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by K-R-M View Post
    I'll check at the end of august, obviously I'll put some pics up. 10% seems to be about where I am right now, maybe lower to be honest. I'm actually already satisfied with how lean I am, I'm just continuing cause I want to push the limits.

My strength hasn't really dipped to be honest. It's been going up if anything. Only the bench press (not even the incline) gives me trouble. Where you at right now? Bulking or cutting?
    You rockin' the douchebag tanks at the gym yet? I finally worked up the courage to rock a cut up tank to the gym and found I was one of the most conditioned guys at my gym, while still having enough size in my shoulders/back/chest to make a cutoff look solid. Took my motivation to a whole new level to be honest. It's nice to look in the mirror between sets and notice that, hey you're looking pretty jakked.

Bulking. Strength is right about where I was at when I was 180 (going off of front squat poundage and pressing weights), but 20 lbs lighter, so I can't complain. The weight gain is coming slowly however, and I'm not necessarily trying to gain quickly, although I need to if I want to cut in June like I'm planning.

Have you looked into a power/hypertrophy split at all? LOTS of natty pros take a similar approach, and it seems to work well. I'm a link you to a few noteable natty logs that use this approach, as well as a cookie cutter split on BB.com that I almost ran with that I thought was very interesting.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130031403 Rob Sardinia

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130479443 Alberto Nunez

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130831473 Eric Helms

A 10 day strength/hypertrophy rotation.

Day 1: Heavy Upper
    Day 2:
    Day 3: Heavy Lower
    Day 4:
    Day 5: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Day 6: Back, Biceps
    Day 7:
    Day 8: Legs
    Day 9:
    Day 10:
    Repeat, or Repeat on Day 10

Day 1 - Heavy Upper.

Bench 3 x 3 or 3 x 5 or work up to a 1RM
    Row 3 x 5
    OH Press 3 x 5

Day 3 - Heavy Lower.

Squats 3 x 3 or 3 x 5 or work up to a 1RM
    GHR 3 x 5
    Calves 3 x 6

Days 5-8 All exercises are 2-4 sets of 8-15 reps.

Day 5 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps.

Bench or Dips
    DB Flyes
    Side Lateral Raises
    Front Lateral Raises
    Tricep Isolation

Day 6 - Back, Biceps.

Wide Grip Chins
    Rows
    Pulldowns
    Shrugs
    Curls

Day 8 - Legs.

Squat Variant
    GHR
    Leg Press
    Ham Work
    Calf Work

NOTE: The above routine can also be condensed into the 7 day week for those that can tolerate the workload. Monday and Tuesday would be heavy upper and heavy lower, Wednesday would be off followed by the higher rep work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Sunday off and repeat. This is based on the training style of Layne Norton. Before you try this however be sure that you can tolerate training 5 days per week, this would be suited to more advanced lifters.
    Pretty solid split if you ask me. I'd keep the volume to only 2-3 sets on those hyper days, and try to keep it to a 8-9 day rotation, but it's a cool combo of strength and hyper work. Some will disagree, but it is very rare for a dedicated powerlifter to have massive quads. Always have great ham and glute development, but a good set of quads is a rare commodity in PLing it seems.

House Lannister
    Yea man, if it works it works. No reason to fuck with it.

I REALLY like romanian/stiff deads. Deadlifts are a back exercise for me when pullling convi, but SLDLs I ALWAYS feel in my glutes/hams the next day. They are awesome.

No AM cardio.

Morning weight: 148.5lbs, starting to get pretty damn lean.

Lower body session:

Low bar Squats:
    4 x 5 x 45lbs
    5 x 95
    5 x 135
    5 x 185
    3 x 225
    1 x 255 (belt)
    5 x 275lbs (belt)
    Felt easy as fuck. Real happy about this since it was my first time free squatting in months. Last time, I ended up fucking up an already fucked back. I feel this is going to go up fast if I stay healthy.

Front Squats
    7 x 5 x 190lbs

Sumo rack pulls from 6.75"
    1 x 315
    1 x 365
    1 x 405lbs
    Noticed I was squatting the weight up. I read NickAus' log and took his advice, I'm PULLING it now. Fuck what a difference. Can see how this'll give me much more carryover (+ much more upper back work)

Back raises (weight behind head)
    20 x 25lbs
    15 x 25lbs
    12 x 25lbs

Situps on GHR (weight behind head)
    15 x 12.5lbs
    15 x 15lbs
    15 x 17.5lbs

Cable side twists
    2 sets 15 reps

PWO cardio - 40 minutes

Session felt fucking good. Don't know what's happening lately, but the penis feels good, the workouts feel awesome, I want to smash every weight I see and the strength gains keep coming and coming as I'm losing fat. Fuck yes. Maybe put some pics up soon.

Yea man, if it works it works. No reason to fuck with it.

I REALLY like romanian/stiff deads. Deadlifts are a back exercise for me when pullling convi, but SLDLs I ALWAYS feel in my glutes/hams the next day. They are awesome.
    Fuck yes. I'm not doing them right now because we have a GHR at my gym. I leave next Thursday for med school and the gym there doesn't have one.
    Last edited by K-R-M; 08-15-2011 at 09:15 PM.

House Lannister
    Ugh I hate back squats lol. Always have an injury with those, and never make progress. So I avoid them like the plague.

405 is solid as hell. I couldn't touch that right now.

Ugh I hate back squats lol. Always have an injury with those, and never make progress. So I avoid them like the plague.

405 is solid as hell. I couldn't touch that right now.
    Back squats are a staple when I want to gain weight. You can't not gain weight doing low bar squats.

What kind of injuries do you get when you do them?

House Lannister
    Back squats are a staple when I want to gain weight. You can't not gain weight doing low bar squats.

What kind of injuries do you get when you do them?
    Pulled a hammy, injured my back over a year ago (still affects me somewhat, although I've greatly reduced the symptoms through stretching/foam rolling), Stage 2 tear of my right hip flexor/grointhing, elbow tendinitis, slight shoulder issues, blah blah blah. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a WLing injury that WASN't due to back squats, heh.

It is the only lift I don't see progress on and frankly have never gotten a lot of benefit out of. Hit 340x1 with a belt with the flexor tear and a shoddy lower back. Probs coulda hit 360-370 or so completely healthy and with more sessions.

Gave me a hella set of glutes. Quads, no.

Funny part is, I started back squatting again about four weeks ago. Three weeks in, I swear I was this close to pulling my OTHER flexor, and I was only doing like 225x6. Ditched them after that.

I hit 225x5 or something like that for front squats the other night, and 250 for a double after an 11-rep heavy set. I have no doubt I'll surpass my back squat max with front squats in a year's time, if I stay healthy. 315# x 3 is the goal by Xmas.

/back squat hate.
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 08-15-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Cheated quite a bit with the diet yesterday.

Me and my sister made some tiramisu for my mom's birthday. It was so fucking delicious, I ate about 1000 cals worth of it. Also ate a whole popcorn bag, 2 pitas and a shitload of basmati rice (1 cup uncooked). Didn't do any cardio either. Doesn't matter and it wasn't that bad actually. Back on track today.

Today:
    45 minutes AM cardio (didn't mention it yet, but it's biking on an awesome trail through nature)

Upper Body workout

Bench press
    4 x 7 x 155 lol EZ

DB bench
    13RP @ 75lbs [big error here, did not take any rest between last set of BP and DB bench, 75lbs felt really light but endurance - i.e. triceps - failed too quickly]

T-bar Row
    3 x 10 x 3 plates

Seated cable row
    21RP @ 150lbs

Seated BB press
    17RP @ 95lbs... was shit. They got rid of the seated press bench, had to do it in the squat rack and it felt really awkward.

Dips
    22RP @ 45lbs + BW [pretty damn happy about this]

DB curls
    21RP @ 32,5lbs

Everything felt easy. Could've really destroyed this workout, but decided I'd rather keep my strength for the long run. The overreating definitely helped that's for sure. Next cut, I think I'll keep carbs higher.

Pulled a hammy, injured my back over a year ago (still affects me somewhat, although I've greatly reduced the symptoms through stretching/foam rolling), Stage 2 tear of my right hip flexor/grointhing, elbow tendinitis, slight shoulder issues, blah blah blah. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a WLing injury that WASN't due to back squats, heh.

It is the only lift I don't see progress on and frankly have never gotten a lot of benefit out of. Hit 340x1 with a belt with the flexor tear and a shoddy lower back. Probs coulda hit 360-370 or so completely healthy and with more sessions.

Gave me a hella set of glutes. Quads, no.

Funny part is, I started back squatting again about four weeks ago. Three weeks in, I swear I was this close to pulling my OTHER flexor, and I was only doing like 225x6. Ditched them after that.

I hit 225x5 or something like that for front squats the other night, and 250 for a double after an 11-rep heavy set. I have no doubt I'll surpass my back squat max with front squats in a year's time, if I stay healthy. 315# x 3 is the goal by Xmas.

/back squat hate.
    I'm going to have to drive down south and slap you man. Back squats are the shit if you can stay healthy. Front squats + back squats = insane set of wheels.

Insane goal going from 250 for a double to 315lbs in 4 months, I'm definitely going to make sure you do it . My front squat max is 240lbs and 225lbs for 3. Maybe a race to 300lbs ?

Today:
    45 minutes AM cardio (didn't mention it yet, but it's biking on an awesome trail through nature)
    CARDIO BUNNY. GET OFF THIS SITE!!!
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

House Lannister
    Cheated quite a bit with the diet yesterday.

Me and my sister made some tiramisu for my mom's birthday. It was so fucking delicious, I ate about 1000 cals worth of it. Also ate a whole popcorn bag, 2 pitas and a shitload of basmati rice (1 cup uncooked). Didn't do any cardio either. Doesn't matter and it wasn't that bad actually. Back on track today.

Fatass.

Quote Originally Posted by K-R-M
    I'm going to have to drive down south and slap you man. Back squats are the shit if you can stay healthy. Front squats + back squats = insane set of wheels.
    depends on how you back squat. Olympic back squat? Fuck yea you can build some damn good quads. PLing style with a big ass stance and sitting back? Naope, at least not that I've seen. My glutes can crush an apple, though.

Quote Originally Posted by K-R-M
    Insane goal going from 250 for a double to 315lbs in 4 months, I'm definitely going to make sure you do it . My front squat max is 240lbs and 225lbs for 3. Maybe a race to 300lbs ?

That double was after like 205x11 and 225x4, so it's def doable. I may go for 275 for a single or double tonight, just depends on how I feel.