The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: GSP vs Diaz

Hybrid View

Garage Lifter

GSP vs Diaz

Just announced a little while ago.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking GSP by ground and pound TKO
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

GSP, no doubt.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Stoked for this fight, hoping GSP tko's him, but diaz is tough. Will be a great fight i believe, also believe gsp will win.

Diaz will make him fight, that much is sure. Would love to see the GSP we saw against Jay Herion, Matt Hughes, Frank Trigg, Matt Serra(2), and Jason Miller.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Garage Lifter
    I wouldn't be too surprised to see a TKO win due to doc stoppage from cuts. It hasn't happened since Nick had surgery but he used to be very prone to cuts and now that he'll have to deal with elbows from the mount things could get bloody.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

I see GSP winning by ground and pound stoppage or possibly another unanimous decision. Sure, Diaz will come forward and make GSP fight, but his takedown defense isn't the greatest. GSP will have no problem taking him to the ground where imo, it's a pretty even fight. Diaz is great off his back, but I think GSP is good enough to not get submitted while controlling him from the top. I don't look for this to be all that exciting of a fight. Who knows....anything can happen, though.
    Last edited by RBB; 06-03-2011 at 07:06 AM.

GSP by unanimous decision. Both Diaz brothers have big time trouble with wrestlers. I have a feeling the press conference will be more entertaining than the fight it self.
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

I'm shocked this is happening honestly. Every fighter claims they'll do this or that to gsp and they never do. Look for gsp to put on a leg kicking clinic standing and dominate on the ground.

Dana calling this a super fight is a joke. It's a decent matchup, but far from a super fight. GSP needs to finish.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

GSP doesn't even finish lunch anymore.

Still doesn't mean he isn't the best, but he has developed an incredibly hard to defeat style based on his skills.

Just get under the bar!

This is true. Anderson Silva is the same way now. Im afraid what used to be considered a super fight between GSP and Silva would now go down as one of the most boring fights in ufc history. On the fight at hand, part of me wants to hate Diaz so bad, but damn that kid can scrap. Every time I think he is outclassed, outfought, or anything, he finds ways to win. I could never bet against GSP based solely on what I have seen him do to people, but I think this is a great matchup and would like to see someone not afraid of GSP (and I think Diaz will come to fight).

I can't wait to see this one. I like GSP, but like others said, he needs to finish fights. I hope Nick at least tests him. I think Nick is a better fighter than people give him credit for.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Nick will come to fight but GSP is just too much for anyone in the WW division at this point in his career. GSP by unanimous decision as he tends to play it safe in the cage.