Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This week's bench challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    680 was it for me. I estimated 715 for Vincent in our earlier talks. I'm starting to think he feigns injury so that we can shock us all with what he ends up hitting. 740 is very very impressive
    Very funny Trav. I know you were kidding, but I do want to explain the injury stuff. I discuss my injuries because I know most of us have them. It's rare that we go into a competition unscathed. I'd like the newer guys to see this. We are going to get injuries and we have to figure out what we can work through and what we cannot. For two weeks I could not put my feet on the floor to bench. I could have just said to heck with it and took the time off. Instead I benched with my feet up one session and floor pressed the other. During that time I was actively rehabbing. You get out of this crazy sport what you put into it. There are no quick and easy roads to get there.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

So how the the blue bands supposed to be hooked up for a challenge? I can choke them on top of an 8ft cage! Which might give like 350 help at bottom and 150 on the top still, haha. Or hang them unchoked from the top pin which is like 7 ft.

So you see not everyones blue reverse band is even close.

Video

I have Vincent and Travis. Joints are screaming and pulled something in my neck.
    Last edited by Rob Luyando; 06-07-2011 at 08:43 PM.

I think i will do some reverse bands tomorrow, will be green however as my weight is much lower than you guys, but going to try and get as close to 400 lbs as I can.

looking forward to the next bench challenge
    Precision Speed & Strength Development The only TRUE Strength and Conditioning gym in Rochester!
    PrecisionSSD
    FaceBook

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luyando View Post
    Video
    Impressive!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Well done Rob. Looking very strong.

I've pulled stuff in my neck before and it HURTS big time. Hope it feels better soon.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Friggin guy. He's got the luxury of knowing what number to hit, then he goes out and puts the bands on the outside and puts his pinkies past the ring. I have a deload this week and then it's on again. I'll post the exercise and then we can post results the same day. Serioulsy though, hope the neck feels better. This kind of sh!t is great for pushing us all. Nice press!

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Wannabebig Member
    305x5 for me!

Bar will sit on the J-Hooks with the bands on.

I will be sitting out the next two weeks. Have to weeks to get ready for my meet. After the meet I am picking the exercise. Vincent yu never said we had to set it up exactly like like you do it. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luyando View Post
    I will be sitting out the next two weeks. Have to weeks to get ready for my meet. After the meet I am picking the exercise. Vincent yu never said we had to set it up exactly like like you do it. LOL!
    Just bein a jealous hater. Good luck with the meet training brother. You are looking stronger than ever.

Wannabebig Member
    This is a great idea, Vincent. I don't call myself a powerlifter as i don't compete (I just train for my own amusement...and the amusement of anyone who sees me train) and I generally lift by myself so these challenges are a fun tool to use as motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    I think i will do some reverse bands tomorrow, will be green however as my weight is much lower than you guys, but going to try and get as close to 400 lbs as I can.
    Resurrecting an old thread. Using average bands back when I did this I didn't even get close to 400 lbs, checked my log and it was 365x1 with an attempt at 385. This morning managed 445x1 with them, couldn't have done an ounce more really. Progress, slow and steady.

I find reverse bands - if set up the same way each time, to be a good strength indicator of progress.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I find reverse bands - if set up the same way each time, to be a good strength indicator of progress.
    I've been using 2 board press and reverse band bench as my ME movement in my modified routine, as my indicators of 1 rep and 3 rep maxes. I rotate them. And since I haven't done a max attempt at regular bench since I do really well in 5 rep range at this point it is helpful, for instance my max bench was set over a year ago ish at 345 lbs, but can do 345x5 but haven't gone higher yet. So i use the other lifts as my indicators, and this exercise is just awesome imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    I've been using 2 board press and reverse band bench as my ME movement in my modified routine, as my indicators of 1 rep and 3 rep maxes. I rotate them. And since I haven't done a max attempt at regular bench since I do really well in 5 rep range at this point it is helpful, for instance my max bench was set over a year ago ish at 345 lbs, but can do 345x5 but haven't gone higher yet. So i use the other lifts as my indicators, and this exercise is just awesome imo.
    I donīt understand why!?!?

Impressive stuff by all of you!
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)