The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

HCT-12 (adjustment questions (number or reps, and shoulder, calfs,and core questions)

I am a beginer, I have been doing HCT-12 for a month now and have gotten great results so far. (great results for what I have ever experienced before on other programs I have tried)

I have two questions that could alter my main question.
    1. Is not feeling sore a sign that you are not working the muscle hard enough?
    2. Do some muscle groups require more reps than others (have heard that for legs, abs, forearms and shoulders more reps can give better results)

Main Question: I feel like I am getting really good work outs following the 4-5 sets of 6 with a cluster set at the end for Vertical Pulling, Horizontal pressing/pushing, Triceps, biceps and Hip dominant. However my Vertical pressing (shoulders to be specific), Calfs, and Abdominal exercises dont usually make me sore and my quads are also never as sore as my hamstrings. I know that in the program it explains calfs should be worked out a little different as far as the negatives go. My question is should I be working out my shoulders, calfs, quads and core differently? more reps? more than just one exercise?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by lmedinacarreto View Post
    I am a beginer, I have been doing HCT-12 for a month now and have gotten great results so far. (great results for what I have ever experienced before on other programs I have tried)

I have two questions that could alter my main question.
    1. Is not feeling sore a sign that you are not working the muscle hard enough?
    2. Do some muscle groups require more reps than others (have heard that for legs, abs, forearms and shoulders more reps can give better results)

Main Question: I feel like I am getting really good work outs following the 4-5 sets of 6 with a cluster set at the end for Vertical Pulling, Horizontal pressing/pushing, Triceps, biceps and Hip dominant. However my Vertical pressing (shoulders to be specific), Calfs, and Abdominal exercises dont usually make me sore and my quads are also never as sore as my hamstrings. I know that in the program it explains calfs should be worked out a little different as far as the negatives go. My question is should I be working out my shoulders, calfs, quads and core differently? more reps? more than just one exercise?

If you're a beginner and you've only been doing the program for a month you probably shouldn't fuck with it. You also say you are getting great results. So where's the problem?

You don't need to feel sore in order to have worked a muscle hard enough.

Some people don't grow that well off of lower reps for legs. However, you must realize that the cumulative effect of the 6rm and clusters = 12 reps, so you're in a decently high rep range with the clusters. Whether or not that has the same effect as a straight set of 10-12 reps, who knows.

You could try adding in a second set of 10-20 reps for your quad exercise as well as your vertical pressing. You could also try dropping the clusters for calves and do one straight set of 10-12 reps very slowly, focusing on the contraction and not the weight. I am close to tears after a set of calf raises, to convey the amount of intensity you should have on that set. It is not an afterthought exercise.

Abs I do one straight set of 10-20 reps on a decline bench heavy as possible.

Just stick with it and keep piling on the weight. Put in a few months of work and see how it going at that time.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!