Thread: weight train..protein..then cardio

BIG BOI

weight train..protein..then cardio

ok im tryn to figure out how i can fit all my exercise in my dad. i work from 3-11pm and go home and try to get to sleep as fast as i can. wake up at 6am eat and hit the gym by 7am. for about 45-60 min. then drink a shake. now i was wondering because i dont want to "starve" me muscles after a workout waiting for the cardio to end if i could workout eat a protein shake then go to the track to walk. so it woud be like a 30-45 min. wait) i dont eat too many carbs so the protein only shake wont really matter. but like im thinking just a nice 30 min. walk after i drink the shake. or should i revearse it and do cardio early as hell and eat and train?

thanks
    calvin

ps. i didnt know if his should go in training forum or diet but im not asking a diet queston more a training one. thanks you

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    I have had the same thought.

I wondered how much muscle I can lose during a short walk

(I only do 20 minutes)

I figure if the shake is ready to go it's not really a big wait.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

IMHO, Cardio (intense) is best for raising your metabolism if you are too calorie deprived on a severe cut. A good workout should have nearly the same effect.

I don't think a 20 minute walk is going to help you a bit, unless you want to unwind a bit.

10 minute sprint is better, but wouldn't help after a good workout anyway.

Lots of BB people lose weight and never do cardio. I lost 20 lbs and did about 3 days of cardio (total for 12 weeks). Gained a 1/4 lb of muscle even.
    Last edited by Fudomyo; 05-23-2002 at 10:52 AM.

Originally posted by Fudomyo
    I don't think a 20 minute walk is going to help you a bit, unless you want to unwind a bit.

10 minute sprint is better, but wouldn't help after a good workout anyway.
    Cardio is a distance game, the farther you go the more calories you burn. The rate at which your body burns glucose is constant.

So if the walks 1 mile in 20 minutes he burn more calories then if the ran 1/2 mile in 10 minutes.

Its not about the calories. Its about the metabolic effects of the sprinting.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Originally posted by Fudomyo
    when I do my 20min walk my heart rate is @135 which is my target heart rate for fat burning

it might not be doing much for my V02 max but it is effective cardio