The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 262 1231151101 ... LastLast
    still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar

Barbells,Boobies and Baggage; Origins of Hatred.

I have thought about starting an online journal for awhile. I figure at the very least this will be yet another form of motivation, and another way to get information and a kick in the ass when I need it.
    info will be more detailed as time goes on so bear with me and watch your little boy grow up....

woke up at 7:30
    ate
    1 can of tuna packed in water
    1 cup lowfat yogurt
    1 cup cottage cheese 1% milkfat
    2 cups of oatmeal small amount of sugar(pinch)
    12 oz 2% milk
    12oz water

meal two+three
    1 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 can of tuna
    1 liter of water

Tonight will be interesting as I am heading back to the gym after a shoulder injury so I will be taking it easy. I have been running,and doing pushups to keep it light and remain active.
    Yet I feel "squishy"

I will not be able to add workout info till the am.
    weight and stats will come tomorrow for the sake of accuracy
    I am getting about 3800 cals and 430 grams of protein a day with about 190 grams of carbs. so we will see how this diet works.
    I plan on doing a lot more cardio until the "squishiness"is gone.

Most recent stats
    Height 6'2"
    weight(most recent)218
    bf??15-20??no idea I will go get it checked

Well OK I finally did it. I am now committed. If I blow it the whole planet will know and I can't have that can I??
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: Fed up with mediocrity. SO here we go...

Originally posted by Nevermore
    a kick in the ass when I need it.
    I will be here to provide the ass kicking.

Good luck on your new journal!

Now get in the gym and throw some iron.
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

Me too. It's like being naked in a way.

Umm, okay not really.

Are you bulking or cutting?

Okay as of yesterday to finish up the PM
    I am still 23
    I weigh 217
    BF is still unknown
    I worked out chest and was very discouraged
    I am starting back up slow and nowhere near as intense as usual...which is rough.. But I do not want to have to take time off again for the Ole' shoulder. Usually do sets of four but again I am taking it easy.

20 min cardio(treadmill)

flat bench
    135x15
    185x10
    185x8x2
    pain in shoulder actually still present...so I will be using this weight and just increasing reps until the pain subsides or it falls off and I grow another one. I was working out with 225.
    incline BB
    135x10(shoulder really giving me problems here.)
    135x10
    135x8(ouch^%$%*&^!!!!!!)

Dips(bodyweight)
    15/12/10/

Fly machine(all that was available)
    135x15
    165x12
    165x10

Meal 4
    6 california rolls (sushi) values unknown
    1 cup of cottage cheese
    2 slices whole wheat bread w/ peanut butter.
    12 oz milk
    1 can of tuna
    1 multivitamin
    2 glucosamine/chondroitin
    2 ibuprofen
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

Oh and I am bulking.
    I am going to attempt to see how cleanly I can do it I will keeping tweaking my diet until I find a program that works.
    In a few weeks I begin a cycle and once I begin three weightgainer 900 shakes and slim fast and anything else I decide to add will be added .

and I do not understand the naked comment

It's about exposing otherwise intimate parts of your life that you might not otherwise share with strangers around the globe. Feel free to not read it. Sorry.

Ahhh understood....

haha... j/k. Those are some nice lifts for your shoulder bothering you. Keep up the hard work. You'll eventually 'grow' another one.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

meal update tomorrow ,cardio tonight. Man I am hungry..
    duck sauce and tacobell hotsauce go good together on tuna in the can...

woke up late today...
    threw 2 cups oatmeal in nukebox.
    jumped in shower...
    ate 2 cups oatmeal 1 cup cottage cheese
    2 pieces wheat bread w/peanut butter
    got to work and inhaled 1 can of tuna.

will have to go home for lunch...dammit
    after work I will be doing arms tonight<after laundry and .....eating of course>
    I am usually pretty good about keeping shoulder involvement out of my exercises so there will be no excuse for being a pussy..

Lunch.
    I just went to Kash N' Karry
    (GHETTO)(This place is a $hithole so you would think the food was cheap..NO)
    I'll stick with wal-mart.

2 4 oz cups of yogurt
    about a cup and a half of 1% cottage cheese(knk brand. Sodium content is through the roof)never again.
    1 cup of apple sauce.
    2 burritos(not my favorite bu was prolly the healthiest thing I read at the store. carbs are a little high but they had 4 g of protein and like 2% of my daily value of vit C!!!!!

arm day.....hold the tampax please...

For I do not need them....:evillaugh

meal 1
    1 can tuna
    1 peach
    1 slim fast
    1 cup yogurt
    late again so I left

yesterday's meals were consumed all throughout the day.(people at work look at me funny) I always have something edible nearby or am always in the bathroom...
    I annihilated the last of those two burritos'
    2.5 cups of cottage cheese
    2 yogurts
    2 slim fast shakes
    1 eggroll tuttut i know....
    some general tso's left over from manager's lunch...Iknow
    and a diet coke......

workout: attempt number 2
    (attempt 1 was 8:45 the night before...I was doing my laundry over by my friends house which has a Gold's right there. I was told it was 24 hrs. Put in a load O' laundry ,went to gold's ran for 20 min,got on the standing preacher bench
    75x20
    105x8x2
    and the damn music shuts off.
    I look at the guy and say"U r not a 24 hr gold's are you ?
    "no"

10 min warmup on treadmill
    standing preacher curl. (no knee bending to assist)tuttut
    75X20
    105x10
    105x8
    105x6

Close grip bench
    135x20
    155x13
    155x12
    155x8
    this is where I noticed that my stabilizer muscles are weak...I really had to work to keep strict form. This is the first I have really incorporated close grip and will work on it due to this fact. I believe as Twisted Dendrite pointed out that the weak stabilizers are what facked up my shoulder.

hammer curls on incline bench
    45x13
    45x12
    45x10
    45x8 (pretty sure I turned purple)

Dips(bodyweight)216
    15/13/12/12
    <I believe this is what initially hurt my shoulder>

one arm curls on one O" them selectorized weight cam machine thingies(will get name later)
    65x10
    65x8
    65x6.5 (wrists actually started hurting here,never hurt before

Tricep pushdowns
    11/9/9/7
    standing ez bar curl
    75x8
    75x6
    75x6

Overhead tricep extension(standing,cuz a hottie was on the little bench/thusly I felt like my obliques were going to rip.
    35x10/9/9

forearm curls
    60lbs x
    16 painful
    12 FEEL THE BURN!!!!!!

This I NEVER tried before But will continue to do

5 lbs >>yes 5 lbs<< I felt so F'in retarded....
    5lb barbell(ivanko) I think and hope it was more
    reverse wrist curls.
    8/8/6-dropped bar in agony--

U shoulda seen me try to pick my keys off the hook up front afterward. I was looking for the plate-on-a-rope-on-a-stick but it's gone. all in all I felt great

went home slammed some glucosamine,400mg Ibuprofen,and a multivitamin...
    which was threatening to make me puke unless I ate something

4egg whites,a can of tuna and some TABASCO

felt better.

I wish I had a PC at home...
    Saturday was shoulder day.
    This I expected to be interesting.
    Having come to the conclusion my stabilizers were weak I decided to focus on these a little.

Flat bench warmup
    135 x 15
    155x10
    185 x 8
    (Kinda freaked as this was a genuine struggle)I know I lost strength from taking a break to let my shoulder heal but....Damn.

DB press. I never do DB presses. Well I do now.. this is embarrassing and further confirms the weak stabilizer thing.

flat db press
    65x10
    65x8
    65x8
    65x7

incline DB press
    65 x 8
    65x 8
    65x 6

Frt lateral raises
    20 x 10
    20x 10
    20 x 10
    20 x 10

side lateral raises
    25x 10
    25x10
    25x8
    25x8

upright rows
    110 x 11
    110 x 10
    110x 9
    110 x 7.5

shrug machine
    315x 12
    315x12
    315x11
    315x12

rear delt flys(machine)
    165 x 12
    165 x 10
    165 x 9or 8can't remember

after it was all said and done I had no shoulder pain

YAY !! BACK DAY!

Lat pulldowns
    130 x 20
    150 x 15
    160 x 8
    160 x 7

Rows
    160 x 12
    160 x 9
    160 x 9
    160 x 7 1/8

Deadlifts -hexbar
    225 x 20 (# 20 =fight for life)
    225 X 7

Preacher curl for $hits and giggles
    70 X 12
    70 X 12
    70 x 9

went home...

ate ;
    4 egg whites,1 yolk
    1 can of tuna
    1 slice of bread
    1 chicken breast.
    glass O milk

Looks like a decent back day but what type of rows are those stats for. Strange combo for your post training feed dude.
    "Not sure if I want the expense of a girlfriend as id rather spend the money on sus"

Yeah tell me about it . Beginning of the month all the bills hit and this is what is left in my fridge. I was in a hurry .
    Not so much strange as bland. Thank god for tabasco.
    It would usually consist of a protein shake with peanut butter in it.
    a few chicken breasts......Actually ,....wait this is normally what I eat but usually in much larger amounts.
    I do not have a whole lot of time to prepare complex savory dishes so variety and flavor are sacrificed.
    My diet mostly consists of the $hit at the top of the post.

what would you recommend?

Sorry...cable rows

Im a big fan of steak when cash allows. Also for a postworkout meal I thought the carbs should have been higher to replace lost glycogen. Maybe replace that glass off milk with some fruit ju7ice or even better a piece of fruit.
    "Not sure if I want the expense of a girlfriend as id rather spend the money on sus"

After this friday it will be all good.
    I was thinking more along the lines of a ground beef burger on the grill .(protein,carbs)
    I am so hungry right now. One of the thinngs you never really consider beforehand. is much like a bigger engine your body needs more fuel as you grow.
    My whole life is like centered around eating..I get hungry every two hours and damn it get out of my way if I miss a meal.

I swear I get all dizzy if I don't eat every three hrs. at least. I gotta go stomach's growling

This weekend was $hit. I swear I lost ten lbs....
    On the way to the bank I witnessed a 12 yr old kid on a bike go zipping out into traffic right behind an escort and RIGHT in front of an expedition going like thirty.It knocked him straight down and out of his shoes..........It was hilarious!!!!
    He got up and ran around in circles holding his ass.

Subsequently .....on the way back from the bank a sensor on my car failed I overheated and blew a head gasket.

I swapped it in about 7 hrs but I did not eat right all weekend and had to prioritize this before the gym. I know....
    I feel skinny and had nightmares about it...
    Back to the gym today...hittin hard and eatin like a damn horse..

I tripped and fell on a syringe filled with tren/test. Now I am eating everything in sight.

Chest day.
    Flat bench
    135x15
    185x10
    205x7
    205x5

Incline dumbell press. 55's
    10/10/7/10....

Dips(bodyweight)
    15/12/10/10

Flys on this weird ass cable machine
    60?? felt heavy enough so OK.......
    12/10/10/8

By some miracle of god I weigh 211. Overall between cycles I lost 4 lbs. Most likely due to not eating properly on a few occasions
    I am regaining my strength from my shoulder injury.
    Overall last night I felt awesome.
    went home and my neighbor knocks on my door and asks if I want a steak.. Hmmmmmmmmm lemme think about that.
    It was probably the best steak I have ever had..especially at 12:30 in the morning..Stayed up and made a big pot of spaghetti with 4 lbs of grd chuck for the next few days.

Woke up feeling really groggy. Killed the alarm a few times.

Meal 1
    big bowl of spaghetti.
    1c of cottage cheese
    1 c of yogurt

supps.
    glucosamine chondroitin
    milk thistle
    multivitamin
    nolvadex

Nice lifts dude.

p.s. your avatar is uh.... distracting... me.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Thanx dude.........
    My shoulder has not been giving me any problems thus far= me happy..
    I am still nowhere near the hulking beast of a man that I want to be though...In spite of the fact that I doubled the dosage of my Flintstone's chewable vitamins. Today is arm day...YAY!!

So far I have devoured :
    a big ass tupperware thing of ground beef with spaghetti in it
    A tub of yogurt
    some cottage cheese
    and I think one of the cans of tuna on my desk is talking smack to me and must be dealt with accordingly.TAKE that !! Bizzatch!!

<NOTICE> The lack of quantities...
    That is because I no longer care. I no longer eat...I consume .....in a vain attempt to fill the cavernous void that is my stomach. I swear I have yet to achieve that full feeling dammit. I take one bite and have to $hit. it's like a neverending cycle.
    Tonight I am going to wear depends and go to a buffet somewhere. That'll alleviate the lightning fast metabolism issue.HAH!

rofl... good luck.

Lemme know how the flintstone's are doing ya too... I may have to steal my lil bro's if your noticing anything good from them.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10: