Thread: Dunno about you all...

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar

Dunno about you all...

But I HATE Facebook. I hate the stupid empire that it has become over the course of a few years. It is basically a verb now that can't escape the lips from my parents and friends lips.

I can deal with having my friends on there, but do I really need to network wi..........in short no and that crap has been deleted.

Plus the idea of everyone knowing your business = bs.

Worst internet breakthrough of this era.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Man there are a lot of things you don't like in this world eh? Facebook is alright, as long as you don't abuse it or add people who abuse it, I just ignore people who post everything they're doing, it's really simple, and it's a great networking tool. I met Philip Wylie on there, and hopefully going to actually get a session in with him next week, never would have happened without facebook.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I love it. I have a huge family that I am very close to (40+ people) all of them are cousins their children aunts/uncles and so on. I get to see a ton of pictures that they post and things like that and it just helps me feel like I can still stay in touch with them.

I don't mind people who post everything they do. I just hate people who do nothing but complain or whine daily about stuff.

I have one girl on my page who was kind of a high school nerd and I guess she joined the army (complete shocker if you knew this girl) and every other day she had a post about how she was hurt and was icing her knee. Eventually she got kicked out because she was going to the doctor or whatever they call it in the army to much. One guy on her facebook even left an "I told you so message". Apparently he warned her that would happen if she didn't stop going to the doctor, maybe it's what she wanted I don't know.

The thing thats even more annoying is she is still complaining. She runs a mile or so everyday her knee swells up and she post about how shes icing it. I've been to lazy to actually go in and delete her from my page but it's going to happen when I get a chance.

Just hover over her post, a little "x" will pop up on the right side of her post, click it, hide all by this user, done. I have people I love dearly to my hide list, just simply don't care what color their shit is today.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Good networking tool, IMO. It can certainly be used while keeping your internet fingerprint to a minimum.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

It can be Awesome or horrendous depending on how you use it and look at it. I find it quite useful as I'm not very good at keeping in touch with people otherwise. my sister however had to delete her FB account as she was completely addicted to it during her maternity leave.
    Best unequipped meet lifts - 120kg Open class
    Sq: 629lbs
    Bp: 330lbs
    Dl: 585lbs
    Training since Dec 2008.

Wannabebig Member

yeah

yeah, I am waiting on Google + Man, it's gunna wreck facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by thecityalive View Post
    But I HATE Facebook. I hate the stupid empire that it has become over the course of a few years. It is basically a verb now that can't escape the lips from my parents and friends lips.

I can deal with having my friends on there, but do I really need to network wi..........in short no and that crap has been deleted.

Plus the idea of everyone knowing your business = bs.

Worst internet breakthrough of this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Man there are a lot of things you don't like in this world eh?
    Ha make 2 dislike threads in a week and all of a sudden I don't like a lot of things. xP

I do enjoy the utility of the site, I just don't like how people can read all of your business, even with privacy settings enabled properly. Just overall, I think the curse of being a college student and student coordinator for orientation kinda makes me rely on facebook for a lot of interaction and keeping up with stuff. Frankly, I just get tired and exhausted of it all.
    My road to powerlifting:
    Current RAW PRs:
    twitter @thecityalive

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Nope, I love it. It enables me to keep in touch with an enormous amount of friends and family. I don't hate Twilight either, or Justin Bieber, I don't enjoy those things but if people want to like something I could care less.

Media (internet, tv, movies) are so prevalent and widespread now I can pick and choose pretty much from anything I want to get involved in and ignore those that I don't care for.

They say you get more cynical with age, I guess the opposite has happened to me.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

, I just don't like how people can read all of your business, even with privacy settings enabled properly. Just overall, I think the curse of being a college student and student coordinator for orientation kinda makes me rely on facebook for a lot of interaction and keeping up with stuff. Frankly, I just get tired and exhausted of it all.
    What you put on your Facebook page is totally up to your discretion. You can censor whomever you want from whatever you want, and if you want to keep your Facebook more professional just make another account that you use for those purposes and then keep a separate one for your friends, problem solved.

Starting Current

Soilwork addict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    Nope, I love it. It enables me to keep in touch with an enormous amount of friends and family. I don't hate Twilight either, or Justin Bieber, I don't enjoy those things but if people want to like something I could care less.
    You ain't even mad!
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheBeach View Post
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.
    18% BF down from 25%+ since April. Halfway to abs.

Current 1200+ gym total. 214 lbs 5'10.5" 36.5" waist.

Working on correcting some imbalances at the moment.

I do enjoy the utility of the site, I just don't like how people can read all of your business, even with privacy settings enabled properly.
    Yo brah link me to your fb....i wanna look at it.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

=D deactivated. It's a friends only account, but Facebook still posts your activity across your network. kind of whatever. I should QQ more.
    My road to powerlifting:
    Current RAW PRs:
    twitter @thecityalive

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    You ain't even mad!
    Oh I mad.

Starting Current

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Just hover over her post, a little "x" will pop up on the right side of her post, click it, hide all by this user, done. I have people I love dearly to my hide list, just simply don't care what color their shit is today.
    Awesome thanks for the tip I didn't want to be an a-hole and delete her cause shes honestly a nice person overall.

Its real simple, don't type in facebook.com and you won't deal with it. Don't like something on the radio change the channel, don't like what is on TV do the same. This world is full of choices.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Its real simple, don't type in facebook.com and you won't deal with it. Don't like something on the radio change the channel, don't like what is on TV do the same. This world is full of choices.
    It's a perhaps simple, but not easy choice to make to shut the door on facebook...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Never got into it and don't plan to. Liked the social network though.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Wannabebig Member
    I'm with you bro. I don't know if I'd say I ''hate'' facebook, but I don't like it . I had one for a few months and deleted it. I guess its a good option for some people, but I'm not one of them. I don't hate on facebook users though. Haha!

As much as it pains me to say it i'm addicted to facebook, it's a useful tool if your a nosy fecker like me, i enjoy it especially by having "friends" such as shelby, unholy, chris mason and dan clough.
    Height 6ft 1"
    Current Weight 200lbs

Goal
    200lbs @ 10%bf

With a little from:
    WBB #1
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    EC Stack
    Advice from WBB members

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    DavyRen - All around nice guy. Respectful to the end.

if not for FB I would not remember any one's birthday.
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

I log in to see pics of my MILF friends on their beach vacation.

Facebook is cool. Some people like pimp out their Facebook, but I just keep mine simple and use it for what it was intended...keeping in touch with others. It's a very convenient way compared to always having to phone someone to see what's up with them. I'd rather just post a message to various people in a short amount of time if I want to talk to them. And they can get back to me later.
    "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    決してあなたの夢への信頼を失う。生き残る。

Really random, but made a small sig for my training journal

BUT this forum doesn't allow images in code, so I thought I'd display it here

My road to powerlifting:
    Current RAW PRs:
    twitter @thecityalive