Thread: rows with bands

rows with bands

I was doing my DE bench session today aiming for high volume and speed to switch things up. I was doing my BB rows at one of the step-up platforms and notice 2 pillars at the bottom. So I figured what the hell and tie up some pro short mini bands to them. I kept the weight light (135lb) and solely focused on speed and driving with my elbows. It's a great feeling and seems like sure could work the fast twitch fibers on the lats. My main upper-lat movements rotates with DB, BB and chins/pull ups so its great to try something new. Anyone else tried this? Give it a go if your bored or for sake of change sometime!

Yeah I saw Vinnie does them, yet to try it but I'm sure they kick your tail.

I like band rows where you choke a couple of bands around an upright and go for higher reps.
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post

I like band rows where you choke a couple of bands around an upright and go for higher reps.
    Same here. I like the bands by themselves for a lot of back moves. You can go to Elite and find a lot of band movements in their list of exercises. Many with pics for examples. Your imagination is the only limit to what you can work with bands. If your gym is limited on space like ours, bands can mimic a lot of moves that we don't have room for the extra equipment to do the traditional movement on.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post

Same here. I like the bands by themselves for a lot of back moves. You can go to Elite and find a lot of band movements in their list of exercises. Many with pics for examples. Your imagination is the only limit to what you can work with bands. If your gym is limited on space like ours, bands can mimic a lot of moves that we don't have room for the extra equipment to do the traditional movement on.
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

Yeah I'm a fan of it. I don't know if it's really about the tension as it is about my liking changing things up.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo