Thread: good book for learning the sport

Wannabebig Member

good book for learning the sport

Besides just working out for the passed 6 months I have enjoyed increasing my knowledge of the sport. Want to learn things like why we train the way we train regarding rep range sets. Just looking for a book that will help me better understand all the practices that are preached on this forum to increase my knowledge so maybe one day I feel comfortable enough to develop a worthy routine for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz90 View Post
    Besides just working out for the passed 6 months I have enjoyed increasing my knowledge of the sport. Want to learn things like why we train the way we train regarding rep range sets. Just looking for a book that will help me better understand all the practices that are preached on this forum to increase my knowledge so maybe one day I feel comfortable enough to develop a worthy routine for myself.
    Hm, I am not sure on what books you could pick up. Try reading articles online, they are very useful and fun to read. If you are looking for good routines, this website has great routines for beginners, and useful information such as tips, techniques and all that good stuff. http://www.weight-lifting-info.com/f...-routines.html You should really think about getting started, its a great feeling and its a lot of fun!
    Thank the Lord for everything.

http://www.weight-lifting-info.com

Wannabebig Member
    I've been working out with a wbb routine for 4 months and weight lifting for a year and a half onand off before that. The year and a half were custom junk routines I learned from weight training class. I love and trust the advice from everyone on the site and forums and everyone is great. I was just looking to find out the more in depth aspects of the sport. Basically the science behind what has become proven as effective such as exercies, volume, rest days, rest between sets. I guess for now ill stick to absorbing what I can from the forums in an attempt to advance my knowledge.

Starting Strength (2nd edition) by Mark Rippetoe and Lon Kilgore.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz90 View Post
    What sport are you talking about? Bodybuilding?

You are probably better off reading a number of articles from different authors if you are looking for broad based knowledge with regard to weight training.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

If you want to learn more about the basics of lifting weights, designing routines, and building muscle 'naturally', then I would recommend Beyond Brwan by Stuart McRobert.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks everyone
    gonna place my order for that book now offroad
    thanks again for the help.
    also gonna continue reading articles on a day to day basiss