The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Cutting - (supplements and exercises)

Hey guys

I've bulked up a bit (see link to pic below) and really want to get defined. I need advice on what exercises i can be doing to shred fat and maintain muscle. I've screwed my ankle really bad so sprints and jump-rope are workouts out of the question for at least another two months. Does anybody know of any exercises that are high intensity but don't put a lot of stress on the ankles?

Also, I'm currently taking "Muscle Juice" for bulking which has a high amount of carbs, what powder should I be switching to if now that I want to cut fat?

Here is a pic of me before and now that I've bulked up a bit...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...0721at236.png/

Feedback appreciated
    Last edited by sammyb; 07-22-2011 at 07:17 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It's your choice, but you still look lean. I'd continue to grow since you are making good progress. Why walk away from progress while it's still happening? But like I said, it's your choice.

If you decide to shrink a little bit of the fat, I'd stick with whatever workout you've been doing. Just maintain your strength as best as possible. The most important thing will be your diet. Lots of information here on that. If you want to add more exercise, with your bad ankle, you might want to do some morning walks, it will help the ankle and it will be plenty of exercise. But really, think diet first and exercise second.

For protein powder, you aren't going to beat Nitrean from AtLarge Nutrition. It's won awards from Men's Health, it mixes easy and tastes great, it's time released thanks to it's mixture of different protein sources, it's low calorie making it perfect for dieting, and it's a good value when you compare it to other brands.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    It's your choice, but you still look lean. I'd continue to grow since you are making good progress. Why walk away from progress while it's still happening? But like I said, it's your choice.

If you decide to shrink a little bit of the fat, I'd stick with whatever workout you've been doing. Just maintain your strength as best as possible. The most important thing will be your diet. Lots of information here on that. If you want to add more exercise, with your bad ankle, you might want to do some morning walks, it will help the ankle and it will be plenty of exercise. But really, think diet first and exercise second.

For protein powder, you aren't going to beat Nitrean from AtLarge Nutrition. It's won awards from Men's Health, it mixes easy and tastes great, it's time released thanks to it's mixture of different protein sources, it's low calorie making it perfect for dieting, and it's a good value when you compare it to other brands.
    Yeah thats true, maybe i should just stick to what im doing. just want to get more defined thats all. but that will come with time i guess. i'll check out the articles/forums regarding dieting. also i will start on the powder you suggested

i'll start doing those morning walks

cheers for all the advice

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Have to Agree with Off Road...keep packing on mass.

To carve a statue you first need clay.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

You have done an excellent job thus far. Just keep it up and watch your calories. Keep your carbs peri workout. Results and Opticen are both good choices.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo