Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bulking Nutrition Plan! Please Help!

  1. #1
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5

    Bulking Nutrition Plan! Please Help!

    I'm starting a bulking routine in September and I have the workouts all planned out and I feel like I also have a pretty solid nutrition plan. If you've had good experience with bulking please critique it. I appreciate any comments good or bad!

    Height: 6 foot 1 inch
    Weight: 165 pounds
    Age: 22
    Estimated Calorie Maintenance: 2975
    Goal: Gain 0.5-1 pound of muscle a week - 16-20+ pounds in a year


    6:00AM - Pre-Workout Breakfast - 500 calories - 37g protein

    Protein Shake
    1 scoop ON 100% Whey Protein
    2.5g ON Creatine
    8 oz. 1/2% Milk
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 Banana

    1 Opti-men Multivitamin + 1 Fish Oil Pill

    8:30AM - Post-Workout Shake - 300 calories - 32g protein

    1 scoop ON 100% Whey Protein
    2.5g ON Creatine
    8 oz. 1/2% Milk
    1 Banana

    10:00AM - Morning Snack - 400 calories - 32g protein

    1 c 2% Cottage Cheese
    2.5 oz Blueberries
    1 c Whole Wheat Cheerios

    12:30PM - Lunch - 775 calories - 37g protein

    Sandwich - 320 calories - 25g protein
    2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
    3 oz Turkey Lunch Meat
    1 Slice 2% Milk American Cheese
    1 tbs. Miracle Whip Light
    Lettuce

    Extras - 455 calories - 12g protein
    Sun Chips
    1 apple
    3 oz. Carrots
    8 oz. 1/2% Milk

    1 Fish Oil Pill

    3:30PM - Afternoon Snack - 340 calories - 40g protein

    5 oz Light Tuna
    2 tbs Miracle Whip Light
    14 Wheat Thin Crackers

    6:00PM - Dinner - Between 500-1000 calories - 40+g protein

    Dinners are different every night, but they always include a quality source of protein and veggies. I also always drink a big glass of milk.

    1 Fish Oil Pill

    10:00PM - Before Bed Shake - 300 calories - 40g protein

    1 Scoop Casein Protein
    16 oz. 1/2% Milk

    Daily Total: Between 3115-3615 calories - 250+g protein - Pretty close to 50/30/20 of Carb/Protein/Fat

    I am open to ANY suggestions, but please have some kind of background or experience with bulking nutrition!

  2. #2
    260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Oshawa-->Toronto
    Posts
    0
    Please elaborate on this:

    "Estimated Calorie Maintenance: 2975"

    The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

  3. #3
    Cardio bunny Alex.V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Duke
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by josef1kr View Post


    Goal: Gain 0.5-1 pound of muscle a week - 16-20+ pounds in a year[/B]
    Not going to happen. Assume half that, and you won't be disappointed.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

  4. #4
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Not going to happen. Assume half that, and you won't be disappointed.
    I know that muscle growth is a very slow process. But seeing as I've never seriously lifted before and pair it with a bulking nutrition plan, wouldn't I be able to come close to gaining 1/2 pound of muscle a week if I'm using heavy compound lifts and sufficient supply of calories? That doesn't seem too unreasonable. I know that the fast you gain, over time you will gain less and less. The muscle gain curve I learned:

    Beginner 1st year: 16 pounds
    2nd year: 8 pounds
    3rd year: 4 pounds
    4th year: 2 pounds

  5. #5
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Holto View Post
    Please elaborate on this:

    "Estimated Calorie Maintenance: 2975"
    I used a bunch of different equations I found all over the internet. The Maintenance I posted was actually an average from all of them. Some sites gave me a lower number, some gave me higher. To break it down for you, my RMR was calculated at 1905 calories which is the energy I would need to do absolutely nothing all day. Then my daily activities not including my workout came to about 600 calories. That includes me walking around all day at work and at home, and any other physical activity I do outside my workouts. Then what was left was my workout calories which came to about 470 for each workout session. So then my total of 2975 would be the calories I would need to eat in a day to maintain my current weight. I feel like that's pretty accurate based on the nutrition I've been playing with the past couple weeks. When I've cut 500 from that number I usually constantly lose a pound a week (hopefully fat). Anyways, I hope this helps!

  6. #6
    260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Oshawa-->Toronto
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by josef1kr View Post
    I used a bunch of different equations I found all over the internet. The Maintenance I posted was actually an average from all of them. Some sites gave me a lower number, some gave me higher. To break it down for you, my RMR was calculated at 1905 calories which is the energy I would need to do absolutely nothing all day. Then my daily activities not including my workout came to about 600 calories. That includes me walking around all day at work and at home, and any other physical activity I do outside my workouts. Then what was left was my workout calories which came to about 470 for each workout session. So then my total of 2975 would be the calories I would need to eat in a day to maintain my current weight. I feel like that's pretty accurate based on the nutrition I've been playing with the past couple weeks. When I've cut 500 from that number I usually constantly lose a pound a week (hopefully fat). Anyways, I hope this helps!
    Sounds like your'e on track bro!

    The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

Similar Threads

  1. Nutrition Plan
    By jarrett123 in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
  2. Nutrition Plan
    By jarrett123 in forum AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
  3. Nutrition Plan
    By C-Dubbz in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:16 AM
  4. the nutrition plan
    By quest4muscle in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 05:46 AM
  5. Nutrition plan for doing both
    By timrev in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2002, 04:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •