Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Dexter

So I just finished up Season 2 of Dexter. Are there any other fans here? I just happened to grab a DVD for Season 1 at Blockbuster and became hooked immediately. I am a big fan of anything serial killer/detective work.

Brief synapsis: Dexter is a forensic blood spatter guy for Miami police, he also is a serial killer, but his adoptive dad (former cop) has trained him to kill only bad people to quench his blood thirst. It is kind of neat how he learns about how he became the way he did, the back story, the one cop suspecting him, brother stuff, anyone who likes decent dark humor, gore, intelligent detective story line its pretty cool. Big thumbs up for me.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

BIG IRON FREAK
    i watched seasons 1-3 in like a 2 weeks trying to catch up so i could watch season 4 from the get go. Believe it or not it gets better than ever in season 4!!!!

Garage Lifter
    My wife and I are both fans. We get Showtime every year for a few months just to watch the new season. This season was one of the best
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

I liked season 3 the best so far.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    I think Dexter (don't know his real name) is the best Actor on TV. I had free showtime so I watched it but the showtime got taken away.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Ok, I really like Season 1 and Season 2 was ok. I am about to start Season 3, so I am pumped you guys say it gets better.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

I was pissed off at the way Season 4 ended. It wasn't entirely unexpected but still sucked. I'll definitely be watching season 5.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    I was pissed off at the way Season 4 ended. It wasn't entirely unexpected but still sucked. I'll definitely be watching season 5.
    I didn't like the way they ended it either. It has a lot of holes and really leaves no way to continue the story without plain ridiculousness. You guys will see when you get there. But, season 1 got really ridiculous too.

I just have this sneaking suspicion the season finale will be where it jumped the shark.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    I liked season 3 the best so far.
    i almost couldnt watch it it was so terrible, so bad its stopped me from starting season 4 for awhile.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Huge fan. Can't wait for 5...

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

BIG IRON FREAK
    I didn't like the way they ended it either. It has a lot of holes and really leaves no way to continue the story without plain ridiculousness. You guys will see when you get there. But, season 1 got really ridiculous too.
    what holes do u speak of?

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    I need to give it another shot.

I'm not one of those snobs that thinks everything has to be intellectual and semi-realistic to be entertaining, but the end of season 1 was asinine. It was like a damn soap opera ending.
    Last edited by Mercuryblade; 03-08-2010 at 02:54 PM.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Manley View Post
    what holes do u speak of?
    People haven't seen it yet, so don't want to go into too much detail right now. Some are probably just me nitpicking, and some things I just don't see how they will be able to explain now. We will see. I have one theory on how they might continue.

LuNa
    I finished season 1 in 2 days and i have got season 2 waiting for me now.

Wannabebig Member
    They are all Great seasons.. Dexter is great.. who thought you could love a serial killer so much lol.

I just started watching this with netflix...I am really enjoying it so far

I've watched seasons 1 and 2, and I'm now half way through 3. Completely hooked, and some of my friends say 3 and 4 are better than 1 and 2, so I'm looking forward to them.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Huge fan. All the seasons were great in my book.

After reading this thread I decided to start watching this show and it's been really great. Spoilers for season 1-3.

==================Spoilers===================================================

Season 1- was really really good I never for a second guessed his brother was the killer. I couldn't figure out how the younger doctor guy (his brother) knew everything about Dexters past but it made sense in the end. This season has been the best and I see it being very hard to top something like this.

Season 2 - This season was really good to but I thought they concentrated way to much on Dexters sister. The story line was good though. I pretty much called Doakes getting killed by Dexters crazy ex it was the only way I could see everything working out.

season 3 - This season is not nearly as good as the other 2. It takes to long to pick up and get going. It wasn't until the ADA started killing people with Dexter that it got good. At this point I've just grown to hate the sister. Shes constantly hopping from guy to guy its getting old.

Overall the show has been really good. I havent seen season 4 but I'm guessing this is the season Dexters sister finds out about his secret. She was close to finding dexters mom which leads to his brother and so on.

holy shit I don't know how I missed this show. just started watching season 1 last night on DVD & it's great so far.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut View Post
    holy shit I don't know how I missed this show. just started watching season 1 last night on DVD & it's great so far.
    Wait until Doakes kills Deb.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Wait until Doakes kills Deb.
    Hahah you're a jerk.

Her character sucks though, for realz.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Soilwork addict.
    Debs character is fcking annoying.

SPOILER SEASON 4

Season 4 was amazing. I love a series that has the balls to end characters that the audience loved in order to advance the plot. Saying Rita's death left holes in the plot doesnt make any sense. It creates alot of problems in season 5 that make for entertaining tv. Not to mention, there had to be a severe consequence to Dexter's actions. In Dexter's mind(narrative), this reaffirmed him that he was just a monster.

I was real sad to see her go, but that was ballzy. I respect that.

Dexter is some of the best tv out right now.
    Last edited by 4g64fiero; 06-01-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheBeach View Post
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.
    18% BF down from 25%+ since April. Halfway to abs.

Current 1200+ gym total. 214 lbs 5'10.5" 36.5" waist.

Working on correcting some imbalances at the moment.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    I was really upset with the end of season 4. Season 5 so far is alright. Season 1 is still my fav.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB