Thread: rant

rant

finished up a good bench workout with a huge PR and moved on to upper lat work. i was shit tired and wanted to a burnout set like ive seen in this westside barbell video guys where they did one huge set hitting 30+ reps for iso work. so i found the perfect row machine in the gym attended by two 16-17 year olds. i ask to work in and he tells me he got 1 more set. he does his set and invites his buddy over to do his set too. i jump in and say, can i get a set in as they rested between sets. he acts like he doesn't hear me and continues to rest on the machine. i repeat myself and say can i get 1 set in. same response. i wanted to bash his head with a 45lb plate and choke him with a monster mini band but this kid is only like 16 and thats a serious crime that will put me out of work. so im there waiting 3 minutes for this joker to leave the machine. turns out these 90lb clowns were doing 20lb on the cable weight for slow reps when they need to be at the buffet. so i get my burnout set in at 110lb plate weight and bang out 35 like a maniac. the goddamn cable that supports the weight was getting caught in between motion because i was moving so fast. i didnt think I'd get that much but i was fucking angry and those kids gave me a test boost. after my set, i felt like chuck vogelpohl, a fucking mad man around the gym flying through the last session of my workout.

i want to say thank you and fuck you at the same to the 2 jerks i encountered today. 24hr fitness FTL
    /rant
    Last edited by jtteg_x; 08-06-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Kids like that piss me off. I mean, they've got all the right to be there working out and such, but being dicks like that isn't cool. Like the guy from Power Unlimited says, "if you're in the squat rack when I get there, you've got 1 minute to get out, if you don't, I'll take your shit, and throw it, don't be there next time I come in, if you are I'll throw a 45lb plate at your face." Or something to that effect rather, haha. I'll take my garage gym over 24 hour fitness any day. Too many pre-teen dicks that think I owe them something there.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    They will encounter the same shit when they grow older...time is the ultimate revenge. However, gym ettique should be taught and practiced at that age too.

...in a perfect world, you would have just grabbed them by their collars and thrown them out.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Get bigger, they'll get out of your way.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    This.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

When I think about it, I should have just ripped one right next to him. lol

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    When I think about it, I should have just ripped one right next to him. lol
    Should have just crop dusted the entire circumference that contains them.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

i had a similar situation once. i was using the dip machine at my old gym a while ago. one guy comes up to me and asks if he can work in between my sets. i told him 'sure' since one guy working in on my downtime isnt going to effect my sets. after i said it was ok he raises his arm and signals to his buddies on the other side of the gym and 4-5 guys come walking over and take over the machine. i wanted to yell at the c**ksucker but didnt want to cause a scene, and didnt really wanna get into it with like 5 or so guys, so i just went to the dip bar.

on the plus side, it got my ass away from the dip machine and onto the dip bar. i always had a problem with just bodyweight on dip bars, it was hard for me to even get 2 in. but for some reason that day i was able to crank them out like it was nobodies business and was able to start adding weight on the belt. plus side or not, those guys are still douchebags
    Last edited by soclydeza; 08-07-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Friends don't let friends slam weights on the ground after every set

Quote Originally Posted by thecityalive View Post
    Should have just crop dusted the entire circumference that contains them.
    lol if i ever get into one of these situations again thats EXACTLY what im gonna do
    Friends don't let friends slam weights on the ground after every set

This +2
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    ThomasG likes this.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Mosy guys don't get mad at the way others act, they really get mad at themselves for not taking the appropriate action.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    You should have tapped him on he shoulder, made sure he acknowledged you and asked again. Sounds like you got annoyed because you got ignored.

Sometimes it's hard, but just insisting on a response at least would have meant you weren't backing down and would have been the bigger man.

Hey JC, he did acknowledge me because he turned his head toward me but i got ignored. Your right, I did get annoyed because he didn't say a word. the breaker was when he could have easily let me get a quick burnout set while he "rests" between his sets and purposely calls his buddy over to waste more time. his buddy was on the machine next to him and he wanted him (to go out of his way) to work in.
    but im over it. i saw the two punks today before my deadlift session and it got me motivated and sure enough, i hit a PR