The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

progress from the last six months

here is a before and after of me trying to cut. i lowered my carbs and boosted the protein, but noticed when i did the creatien after my workouts for a month i gained all the weight back, i went from 273 to 240 and then went on the creatien and went back up to 255 in 2 weeks. any ideas if this is usual or not.FRUSTRATED AT THE MOMENT.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    Can definitely notice some growth in your chest, abdominals and arms....back is toning up a bit too.

did you want to trim down a bit overall?
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Wannabebig Member

PROGRESS

Quote Originally Posted by thecityalive View Post
    Can definitely notice some growth in your chest, abdominals and arms....back is toning up a bit too.

did you want to trim down a bit overall?
    yes i do but the way i am progressing i will lose 5 and gain 5 i weight 255 but i am trying to cut to 225
    it sounds vain but trust me it is not. muscle is growing faster than i can lose the wieght

Quote Originally Posted by kwwilson View Post
    here is a before and after of me trying to cut. i lowered my carbs and boosted the protein, but noticed when i did the creatien after my workouts for a month i gained all the weight back, i went from 273 to 240 and then went on the creatien and went back up to 255 in 2 weeks.
    Are you tracking calories? Switching carbs for protein will do very, very little other than manipulate some water. Also, while creatine can cause you to retain more water you did not go from 240 to 255 in 2 weeks solely due to creatine.

any ideas if this is usual or not.FRUSTRATED AT THE MOMENT.
    This is not usual if your intake has been consistently in a deficit. If it hasn't then that is the first place to start. The only way to really know if you have been in a deficit everyday is to count the calories daily (unless maybe you've been counting for years and know yourself and the foods/portions that you eat daily very well).
    Last edited by Behemoth; 08-12-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

yes i do but the way i am progressing i will lose 5 and gain 5 i weight 255 but i am trying to cut to 225
    it sounds vain but trust me it is not. muscle is growing faster than i can lose the wieght
    In response to this post if the overall result of what you are doing is one that is satisfying to you then really what's the weight even matter. It's just a number, right? If you feel yourself looking better, getting stronger and overall progressing in the right direction you may not want to change anything until this trend stops.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 08-12-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wannabebig Member

progress

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    In response to this post if the overall result of what you are doing is one that is satisfying to you then really what's the weight even matter. It's just a number, right? If you feel yourself looking better, getting stronger and overall progressing in the right direction you may not want to change anything until this trend stops.
    you are exactly right. i am to hung up on the weight and not on the changes that are in the good. sometimes you just need a smack in the back of the head right.
    THANK YOU FOR THE SMACK