The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

How can I get a build like Derek Poundstone?

I know that it is a far shot to be built like him, but what I'm looking for is how to start adding that much mass. I want to start adding the muscle mass, but I'm not so much concerned with definition. I'm 6'1 at 255lbs, 20 years old. Any tips or workouts nutrition advice, etc, given would be extremely helpful, or just linking me to the articles that would lead me out in the right direction would work as well. Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

At 6'1 255 you're either already a monster or fat.

If you're a monster, then you're already there. Otherwise, go with Chevys response.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Genetics, years and years of getting stronger and stronger, and gear.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

poundstone is about 6'1"..this guy only needs to gain about 60-70 lbs of muscle...

Wannabebig Member
    arlight, thanks guys. i already got the workout in mine, but what about calorie intake? I do have a lot of size on me now anyway, so do I need to have a high or low caloric intake for my diet? I was gonna aim for about 2500-3000.

Garage Lifter
    Last edited by StLRPh; 08-17-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

you also need an annoying fiancee to record all of your videos. Seriously though, train, eat, anabolics, strongman movements and good genetics will get you there.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by mf02297 View Post
    arlight, thanks guys. i already got the workout in mine, but what about calorie intake? I do have a lot of size on me now anyway, so do I need to have a high or low caloric intake for my diet? I was gonna aim for about 2500-3000.
    To look like Poundstone you will have to have a high caloric intake. Figure on about 20-22 calories per pound of bodymass. According to an interview he eats around 400 grams of protein, about the same or a little higher in carbs and 100 grams of fat daily.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 08-18-2011 at 10:58 PM.

House Lannister
    Just wanted to add that the odds of you ending up looking like Poundstone is very slim to none, even with a good amount of quality gear and proper training. I'm sure you could look like damn good as a strongman naturally or geared up, but Poundstone is a genetic FREAK like no other, matched only by Ronnie Coleman, Pudz, and Bill Kazmaier.

[IMG][/IMG]

That's godlike bro.

Mortals can't do that shit.

Banned
    Wow walked out and no safety bars. Man beast.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Wow walked out and no safety bars. Man beast.
    And high bar AND no wraps.

That's one BIG lift. Monster!
    Eat big. Sleep big. Lift big. Get big.

Wannabebig Member
    the idea isn't to look like him to the t, but to go after that type of body. just huge, huge muscle as opposed to being super defined. and i know i can't get that big without good genetics and steroids, but i intent to get as close as i can naturally
    "Our deepst fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. You're playing small doesn't serve the world. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from out own fear, our prescence automatically liberates others." - Marianne WIlliamson

the idea isn't to look like him to the t, but to go after that type of body. just huge, huge muscle as opposed to being super defined. and i know i can't get that big without good genetics and steroids, but i intent to get as close as i can naturally
    Its good that you know your limitations. You're well ahead of the game in that respect. Eat right to fit your goals, keep training, be consistent, and always try to learn more. You'll go far if you can keep that up (as well as a lot of the other advice guys have been saying on this thread).

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colinS3 View Post
    Its good that you know your limitations. You're well ahead of the game in that respect. Eat right to fit your goals, keep training, be consistent, and always try to learn more. You'll go far if you can keep that up (as well as a lot of the other advice guys have been saying on this thread).

I appreciate it man. And thanks to everyone for the advice, it's much appreciated.
    "Our deepst fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. You're playing small doesn't serve the world. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from out own fear, our prescence automatically liberates others." - Marianne WIlliamson

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    I also loved how he did that without a suit. Gnarly.

Train and eat your ass off.
    Last edited by thecityalive; 08-19-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Wannabebig Member
    try 6000 calories a day bro

Quote Originally Posted by colinS3 View Post
    This is good advice...

20 years of doing this and you'll be a beast
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal