Thread: My first session in the Metal Jack bench shirt with video

My first session in the Metal Jack bench shirt with video

Alright, this was my first session in the Metal Jack bench shirt. I have not been in a bench shirt for 10 months. Plus I competed just two weeks ago. So, we did not pull the collar down at all. Just wanted to see what it would do before we starting messing with it. I was really pleased with the outcome. I can't wait to put in a full training cycle with it.

Video

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Wannabebig Member
    I have a question for you:

I want to get a 2ply shirt and it will be my first one. Would you recommend the jack for an inexperienced multiply bencher? I am either going to wait it out and get the jack or get a sdp phenom.

The Jack is basically a 6 ply shirt in the main areas. It has 2 spots on the chest plate that overlap and is very thick! Get a SDP if you want a multiply shirt that will let you touch better. It also has a very wide adn easy groove.

Don't forget I used to be sponsored by Inzer.I chose to leave to go to EliteFTS. I never liked the SDP, although I know there are those who do. I think the Jack is a superior shirt to the SDP. The Jack is much more forgiving that the Ace. I could barely touch 830 in a broken in Ace. I touched 800 in the same size Jack the very first time in it.

I should have a good idea about the two shirts as I have worn both. I don't think anybody else can actually say that..

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Nice work Vincent. Looks to me like you need to get a tighter shirt if you touched your first workout. Also on your 800 you needed to drived your heals more looked to me as you were pushing off your toes. Either way nice work!

I like the yellow..........nice bench too
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luyando View Post
    Nice work Vincent. Looks to me like you need to get a tighter shirt if you touched your first workout. Also on your 800 you needed to drived your heals more looked to me as you were pushing off your toes. Either way nice work!
    I know some of the guys played with it at Elite before I got it, so it got somewhat broken in before I got it. I did touch pretty easily, but the shirt was all the way up. I'll be curious to pull the collar. Not to say I don't need a size smaller shirt, but who knows if or when there will be more Jack shirts here in the US. Gotta make the best of what I have right now. Plus, I think I'll need your coaching to get into a shirt that tight. You know that's way out of my comfort zone.

I definitely saw the foot thing also. I have to work on that. I also noticed as the weight got heavier I was driving back a little more. I believe I need to focus on driving up as much as possible at first. I am going to take video of each session in the shirt. I really need to focus on technique again. I used to be a good technician and then I just started to rely on strength. I'd like to couple those to qualities so I can accomplish the goals I have set for myself.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Don't forget I used to be sponsored by Inzer.I chose to leave to go to EliteFTS. I never liked the SDP, although I know there are those who do. I think the Jack is a superior shirt to the SDP. The Jack is much more forgiving that the Ace. I could barely touch 830 in a broken in Ace. I touched 800 in the same size Jack the very first time in it.

I should have a good idea about the two shirts as I have worn both. I don't think anybody else can actually say that..
    Thanks for the response. I was leaning towards the jack anyway so I will just wait it out. I got a pair of the briefs a couple weeks ago and I hit an almost 100lb record in my first workout. I was sold on the jack gear after that.

Thanks again.

Vinny solid lifting bro, and you're looking lean man, definitely doing great things.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Nice work!!

Sounds like great gear and my birthdays coming up YAY
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Wannabebig Member
    I was one of the guys at Elite that got to play around (used for 2 sessions) before Dave sent it to Vincent. It is nothing like the Ace - fabric is different, chest plate is bigger, neck scoops lower and it is much more forgiving. It looks like it would be restrictive with the thick seams, but it has a stretch quality that the Ace does not. Granted, the shirt was one size bigger than I wear, but we jacked it and pulled it down tight and I was still able to touch 495 with no problem before working up to mid-700's off boards. I thought the closed back was stupid and probably would have cut it if the shirt was mine. But, after using it I liked the way it (very elastic thin material) kept the shirt locked down while setting up and will probably keep it intact when I get one.

Thanks for breaking the shirt in for me Steve. I'm going to request Dave do this with all the shirts I get. Also, thanks for not smeilling it up.

That is great Vincent, looks like that shirt is going to work well for you!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Thanks for breaking the shirt in for me Steve. I'm going to request Dave do this with all the shirts I get. Also, thanks for not smeilling it up.
    Happy to be of service. Also glad to hear there was no funk. I've been known to sweat more than a little and we kept that shit under lock and key in a big tool chest (not a joke) so it did not get to air out properly. I cried a little when it had to go.